Sponsored

Is the rear deck spoiler growing on anyone else?

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I definitely want a wing spoiler; I'll be adding one on at some point.
Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
I prefer without, the stock versions were a bit too minimalist. If I want a spoiler, I want a SPOILER. Well, at least something along the lines of the Roush. A bit more substantial without being over the top.

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
It kinda cheapens it for me... like the Charger spoiler. That car looks stupid with a wing and bad ass without it.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
I agree with the above Posters. I never said anything about Fact, obviously, everyone has their own opinion. I hate Ebony Black interiors regardless of the exterior paint color. I much prefer Stone or Ceramic but Ford decided not to allow a color choice option for 15`. Was it a deal breaker, no, but I would have much preferred having (any) interior color choice other then Black. Since I couldn`t delete Ebony Black interior, fortunately they left us an option to Delete the Spoiler.

2yankeesoldiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Spoilers have become so common and almost all Manufacturers have added them to there Vehicles. Toyota`s, Nissans, even Mercedes Benz. They are just a nonsense embellishment that has about as much use and utility as putting Rhino Bars over the Headlamps or Tail Lamps of a SUV. If a Car has sleek-clean lines, why add clutter to an already striking design? I personally think that S550 Mustangs will stand out from the crowd (minus) the painted hockey stick handle attached to the edge of the Truck deck. As far as putting a (value) of $225 on the Blade Spoiler, personally, I would have "paid" $225 just to have it deleted!
I agree.

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I like the GT spoile, but have the PP. I am wondering if the double side tape would be sufficient to hold it on. I'd prefer not to drill the trunk lid, or swap it out.
It has 3 studs that thru-bolt. But double sided tape would have held it just fine.

Kinda like the 5.0 emblem with the stupid align hole in the fender.

Yellow15Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT on order
Nope, still don't care for the spoiler.
Too small.
Much prefer the clean look or a bigger spoiler.

Same with the hood.
Don't care for the ridges that mimic a hood scoop.
Would much prefer a real hood scoop.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, I just don't like the way it's styled. Maybe if it was a better lip spoiler I'd like it. If really love to see someone work on an integrated deck lid that's sort of E46 CSL-style, or like something from Liberty Walk.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Nope, still don't care for the spoiler.
Too small.
Much prefer the clean look or a bigger spoiler.

Same with the hood.
Don't care for the ridges that mimic a hood scoop.
Would much prefer a real hood scoop.
Much prefer the "clean look" of a (Bigger) Spoiler? If a sleek/clean look is what your after, simple, Spoiler Delete! If the S550 came with a Hood Scoop that couldn`t be deleted, I`d delete the thought of ordering the Car entirely.

FR500GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
Nah, I just don't like the way it's styled. Maybe if it was a better lip spoiler I'd like it. If really love to see someone work on an integrated deck lid that's sort of E46 CSL-style, or like something from Liberty Walk.
You read my mind.

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Much prefer the "clean look" of a (Bigger) Spoiler? If a sleek/clean look is what your after, simple, Spoiler Delete! If the S550 came with a Hood Scoop that couldn`t be deleted, I`d delete the thought of ordering the Car entirely.
yep

Last edited:

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I love it and I think the car still looks clean and sleek with a spoiler. And I'm glad others hate it. If everybody liked what I like, they would have all ordered their cars the way I did.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think he's saying "go big or go home."

Yellow15Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT on order
Not "Clean Look OF a".....
Don't misquote me and then go off on a tangent.:frusty:

Clean look (no spoiler) OR a bigger spoiler that actually looks like a spoiler.

The little baby lip spoiler looks like crap, in my opinion.
Sponsored