Is the GT premium worth it over the stock GT

Mopa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I bought a leftover 18 GT Base with 10 speed auto. I purchased the full size spare tire kit from the dealer which was actually cheaper than if you ordered the car with it. I use mine as a fun hobby car while retired. It's a toy not transportation. At 69 yrs old I have no regrets with my base model and still gets my heart thumping when I jump in and hear that exhaust rumble. My neighbor just doesn't understand and mentioned I was having a delayed midlife crisis. I attribute it to my mind being more like an 18 yr old kid. Even if this was a daily driver I would be fine with the base. No fancy upgrades that can break. This car has no interior rattles and the handling is amazing. I have never driven one with PP but cannot imagine it could be significantly better. I only have 6K miles on it and after checking with Carvana and Carmax I could get more for it than I paid.
Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
You can option a 301a car more than a higher package car. On my car the only thing I wish I had was cross traffic alert which is not included in safe and smart package.

Last edited:

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Nope. Stereo is the same as many of my friends with base GTs. As for the seats, thatā€™s just personal preference and needs. I donā€™t need leather, but it looks cool and makes my car feel more ā€œupscaleā€ but do either of those really matter to me? Not really.

Save some cash and get a base. Then if you feel youā€™re still desiring the stereo and/or seats, aftermarket. Better quality out there for those things anyway.
...apparently everyone on this forum doesn't agree with you. I had one jerk on
here put me in my place over my base '17 GT.

I don't remember his exact words, but to the effect, he doesn't like poor
people since to him I couldn't afford a PP car.......................:giggle:

IMG_0467.JPG

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
totally worth it. nicer interior IMO. feels moreā€¦premiumā€¦..šŸ¤£ but for real, the ones i looked at that werenā€™t premium felt cheaper inside, wasnā€™t for me personally.

Sponsored

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
I think most 25-35 with funds for Mustang rather stretch to a nice truck or German posing machine, depending what part of the country they are in. In many cases they'd now rather spend on Gucci and travel for their tictoc and Instagram...sad narrcissim...

Female prefer Ecoboost, as do I, for it's quiet, low end drama free power and agile feel.

When I was trying to convince myself the GT's AE loudness would be fine with some inline flapper valves, I was lucky to talk to a 50 something guy who has both 2020 full load GT vert and an EBHPP vert, split between two homes.

He told me the EBHPP was more than enough and he preferred it over the GT. Solved my dilema of trying to find way to queiten the GT exhaust - ordered the EBHPP.
lmao i like your generalization of 25-35 year olds too šŸ¤£ we arenā€™t all complete toolbag wastes, btw. 34 here, still canā€™t figure out twitter, hate tiktok and anyone on it with a passion, so what iā€™m basically saying is outside iā€™m 34 and inside iā€™m 65. šŸ¤£

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Problem is, even if you are a-ok with a base car. If down the road you go to sell it or trade it in, most buyers don't want a car with less features than the cheapest kia.
I don't care for leather rather cloth, but the cooled seats are heaven So is a bunch of features I've grown used to in even my basic daily driver. It is hard to go backwards .
I plan on driving some long trips in it and driving the car more than detailing it for cars and coffee thumps up's. So, comfort was worth the tiny extra it cost , I want to enjoy driving it, not getting in it a wishing it had something my daily I left at home has. At the end of the day, for me it was a 1100.00 difference over the base. All that matters is if the base fits what you want out of the car. Too me it didn't.
Ford should be ashamed at that 4" screen in the base car. I could get behind that type thing if the base car was 700lb lighter, but it isn't.

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
I think most 25-35 with funds for Mustang rather stretch to a nice truck or German posing machine, depending what part of the country they are in. In many cases they'd now rather spend on Gucci and travel for their tictoc and Instagram...sad narrcissim...

Female prefer Ecoboost, as do I, for it's quiet, low end drama free power and agile feel.

When I was trying to convince myself the GT's AE loudness would be fine with some inline flapper valves, I was lucky to talk to a 50 something guy who has both 2020 full load GT vert and an EBHPP vert, split between two homes.

He told me the EBHPP was more than enough and he preferred it over the GT. Solved my dilema of trying to find way to queiten the GT exhaust - ordered the EBHPP.
Here's one female that preferred the GT with the AE!:rockon: I bought it cuz I wanted that loud V8 lmao. Damn can I just say I fall in love with my car more every day. I got everything I wanted on the car. I could afford it and you only live once so why not :giggle::inlove:

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
As a farm boy who grew up with V8s I love the GT sound unfortunately I only ordered the car to go on drives with my father and hes got titinitus.

I am thinking about ordering a full load GT vert for Germany / EU use though....only because its Germany's most popular sports car....must be something great to get that status in a county with $8 gal premium and 55% tax rates haha.

These cars are incredible value regardless of the spec.
That's just an insane tax rate lol. And yes, Mustangs are very special :like:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I started my quest for a new mustang in 2019 when my DD 2006 GT was on its last legs. Found a base GT with performance package but hesitated on pulling the trigger and let it pass. Price was just under $40k. Then started looking at eco boostā€¦then HP eco boost. Tried to keep cost as low as possible. Didnā€™t want to spend up $50k. But along the way I decided what the hellā€¦letā€™s get a premium and the Cali special package. Kept cost under $47k and happy with my decision. Premium was worth it for me. I would do it again. This will most likely be my last factory ordered stang and happy with the options I got.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
In Australia we donā€™t have much choice, itā€™s the EcoBoost, GT Premium with Performance Pack or the Mach 1. I couldnā€™t justify an extra 20 grand for the Mach 1 which over here comes with extra cooling and an extra 6 HP and no handling pack.
Iā€™m glad I got GT with Magnaride during the start of Covid for 8K under retail, considering there were only 3 cars in this spec in Magnetic Grey in the country at the time.
The only regret I have is that Australian didnā€™t bring over the GT350, I would have kept this car for the rest of my life but I will settle for having this GT as long as itā€™s reliable.
Sponsored