Sponsored

Is the Ford website Build/Price function hopelessly wonky or is it just me?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
More correctly maybe, my equipment. I don’t think I’m personally doing anything wrong. But some days it won’t let you change options and other days it won’t display any content under a particular heading at all. But it’s virtually always something-it never operates seamlessly or even smoothly. This goes back to the fall of 2020 when I first started trying to use it.

I will say I’m using Apple devices, both a MacBook Pro and an iPad. Similar problems on both. Maybe the site doesn’t like Apple stuff? Or maybe I’m missing some app I should have? Anyway, it’s frustrating any any thoughts are appreciated.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
More correctly maybe, my equipment. I don’t think I’m personally doing anything wrong. But some days it won’t let you change options and other days it won’t display any content under a particular heading at all. But it’s virtually always something-it never operates seamlessly or even smoothly. This goes back to the fall of 2020 when I first started trying to use it.

I will say I’m using Apple devices, both a MacBook Pro and an iPad. Similar problems on both. Maybe the site doesn’t like Apple stuff? Or maybe I’m missing some app I should have? Anyway, it’s frustrating any any thoughts are appreciated.
Are you using the correct version of Build & Price? I’ve had no issues with this one.

https://shop.ford.com/configure/mustang/chooseyourpath/

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
I was a little shocked that I built my exact car and it is now $4K over the MSRP of my car I bought 2 years ago. Not to mention I got $5K off MSRP at that time. What a difference 2 years make.

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
It's not you, that thing has always been an absolute turd. It crashed on me while I was at the dealership ordering my car.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I daydream using a Mac. No problems with stability here, but there are certainly things about the app that are annoying. Like... you can't really pick-and-choose exactly what you want. There are bundles of options that go together, and if you want a Mach 1 with the orange accents and red brake calipers, sorry, you can't have that. Or if you select a particular type of wheels, that sets up a pile of other situations you have no control over. You really can't mix and match until after your baby leaves the factory.

Sponsored

Jaymar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaymar
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS - Rapid Red
I daydream using a Mac. No problems with stability here, but there are certainly things about the app that are annoying. Like... you can't really pick-and-choose exactly what you want. There are bundles of options that go together, and if you want a Mach 1 with the orange accents and red brake calipers, sorry, you can't have that. Or if you select a particular type of wheels, that sets up a pile of other situations you have no control over. You really can't mix and match until after your baby leaves the factory.
That's how the actual car works though.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
What does this have to do with the build and price online tool? Totally different topic.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
What does this have to do with the build and price online tool? Totally different topic.
What? That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Start with a base Mach 1.
Add 19" x 10.5" Front 19" X 11" Rear Tarnished Dark-painted Aluminum Wheels.
Now add Performance Rear Spoiler.
(There went your wheels)

The point is there are packages that go together, and packages that are mutually exclusive - but the configurator makes it look like you can mix and match, but you can't really.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
What? That's exactly what I'm talking about.

(There went your wheels)

The point is there are packages that go together, and packages that are mutually exclusive - but the configurator makes it look like you can mix and match, but you can't really.
OK, I understand, sorry. There are definitely glitches that prevent some mixing and matching but its always been that way. The dealer will fix that when you order your car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
(There went your wheels)
Wait, I just realized that these wheels require the Handling Package. That package has the performance spoiler with the gurney flap. The standard spoiler is not available. That not the tool, that’s Ford.

231B8FB0-43BA-4127-ABA3-D0BA53901640.jpeg
Sponsored