Sponsored

Is the Crankshaft Sprocket The Same For All S550s?

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
2018+ all use Ford OEM Forged (same part) so no need to replace with another forged one.
Ford Forged Crank Sprocket / Timing Gear
Its available typically at $25 and the tooth profile is superior, case hardening, keyway, edge radii, crank shaft interface allowing for flex without binding (decrease snout breakage stress), metallurgy, etc all perfect.

The predator was using a different part number last I heard ( possibly different keyway setup).

Last edited:

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I'm gathering parts for an OPG replacement. Can anyone verify 100% I don't need to purchase a billet crank sprocket for my 2018 GT? Thank much for the info here guys!

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I'm gathering parts for an OPG replacement. Can anyone verify 100% I don't need to purchase a billet crank sprocket for my 2018 GT? Thank much for the info here guys!
(Read the thread linked above):

100%: Look at the Timing Gear/Crank Sprocket when you upgrade the OPG.
You will pull the crank damper off and the remove the front timing cover.Inspect the TG part markings.
'XR3E' marked on the part indicates something cant recall, but youd have to read the thread linked above to find out.
Do not think anyone has posted a non-forged 2018 TG being found in the wild.

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Thanks much! Sounds like I should just order the $25 CS from Ford just in case it doesn't have that stamp when I get it apart.
Sponsored