Sponsored

Is the 2019 Ford Mustang Order Guide Available?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It's bizarre. Donlen and all the other sites that show the Ford production schedule still say 3/12 for 2019 order acceptance. :confused:
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Someone on the IMBOC forums said their dealer is now seeing the 2018 order bank is back open and will be available until April 4th, meaning 2019 ordering won't be open until after that. :frusty:

I may be one of the few that hopes this info is correct. My order for a 2018 Lightning Blue GT PP2 was placed 3/7/2018. If they are really discontinuing Lightning Blue in 2019, there can't be more than a handful of LB GT PP2's getting made.

M2C3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 GT PP 401a Manual
Spoke with my guy at the dealer I purchased my 2015 and he said he doesn't have the order guide yet. Also said orders should go live in the next week with a June build date. Pricing isn't showing up yet.

First 19s should be at dealers in July/August.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Spoke with my guy at the dealer I purchased my 2015 and he said he doesn't have the order guide yet. Also said orders should go live in the next week with a June build date. Pricing isn't showing up yet.

Wow 4-5 month wait? Isn't it usually a 3 month wait? Or do they take a break between 18 and 19 production?

M2C3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow 4-5 month wait? Isn't it usually a 3 month wait? Or do they take a break between 18 and 19 production?
Don't know about that but he did say dealers would get first production run for bugs etc.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

Thanks for that. Gives some hope that the wait to order won't be till April possibly.

They're still scheduled to build 2018s until the beginning of June.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
4 months is really the norm, don't listen to the 8-12 weeks some people tell you, that's after the production begins and it's "at the factory". The "at the factory" marker seems to take a good 3-6 weeks all on its own. A dealership did a "dealer order" to my specifications back at the end of December (so I'm not locked-in to the car as I was going back and forth if I wanted to wait for the 2019), they actually submitted the order around the first week of January and it just "got the factory" and began the build process just a few of weeks ago, the salesman recently told me he wouldn't expect it until the last week of March at the earliest, but likely in the first 2-3 weeks of April.
The 2019s also won't begin being built for a couple of months as Ford needs to 100% finish all of the 2018 MY orders before switching over the production, that's why you may also have an extra month or two on the wait time. :)

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Quick Comment - I was waiting until late March or Early April to order a Mustang. The order dude at my dealer called, his last day he will order an 18 will be this Tuesday the 20th. Thats just his date so I dont know what it really means except if I want one Tuesday is the day.

The also confirm the base - stock stereo in the 19 will be a B&O but they were not able to tell me at what quality level it is compared to the Sony.

Just an FYI.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Quick Comment - I was waiting until late March or Early April to order a Mustang. The order dude at my dealer called, his last day he will order an 18 will be this Tuesday the 20th. Thats just his date so I dont know what it really means except if I want one Tuesday is the day.

The also confirm the base - stock stereo in the 19 will be a B&O but they were not able to tell me at what quality level it is compared to the Sony.

Just an FYI.
Thank you! Hopefully this applies to all dealers and order banks for 2019s will open shortly after the 20th.

Not sure I believe the B&O system will be standard. The Ford press release says it "connects to the Sync3 system" so at the very least, it'll only be on Sync3 equipped cars (not 300A cars), but since the Shaker Pro has always been an extra upgrade I'd be surprised if the B&O Play was free. Only way to get around that is if Ford is giving all base cars the 301A package for 2019 and getting rid of the tiny screen. I guess it's possible.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
Thank you! Hopefully this applies to all dealers and order banks for 2019s will open shortly after the 20th.

Not sure I believe the B&O system will be standard. The Ford press release says it "connects to the Sync3 system" so at the very least, it'll only be on Sync3 equipped cars (not 300A cars), but since the Shaker Pro has always been an extra upgrade I'd be surprised if the B&O Play was free. Only way to get around that is if Ford is giving all base cars the 301A package for 2019 and getting rid of the tiny screen. I guess it's possible.
Yeh that actually makes sense because my guys know I never buy a base base car, I always buy the big package. So I bet your right, probably 301/401 or 401 only or option. Now I gotta decide which way I go.....

I dont much care that much about the stereo....I rented an 18 premium non-401 and the stereo was fine for me.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
Are the B&O systems on any current car now? If so, can anyone who has heard both the Shaker Pro and the B&O comment on if it'll be a big difference in sound quality?

DB23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2.3T 200A Auto Ingot
Are the B&O systems on any current car now? If so, can anyone who has heard both the Shaker Pro and the B&O comment on if it'll be a big difference in sound quality?
The general consensus on the f150 forums seems to be that B&O is a slight to mderate upgrade on the departed premium Sony system.

The 12 speaker Sony system in my wife’s Fusion certainly sounded better than my 9 speaker shaker system FWIW.

I wonder if we will see 9- and 12-speaker b&o systems like with shaker v shaker pro.

M2C3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke with my guy at the dealer today and he said hopefully next week. We'll see.

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The general consensus on the f150 forums seems to be that B&O is a slight to mderate upgrade on the departed premium Sony system.
I would expect the Mustang B&O system to be even better than that. 12 vs 10 speakers and 1000 vs 750 watts.