Sponsored

Is the “Search” feature out of sync or needs a fix?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Jarstang

The last day or so, trying to search on certain words that were used in topics I’ve posted about or where I have left replies in threads that contained that key word - the search results returns nothing.

for example - if I search the word “tuning” and my user ID, across the entire forum, there’s no results at all.

I know for a fact I’ve used the word “tuning” in my actual replies OR that word is in threads posted by others where I have responded.

The same thing was happening if I tried searching “valve cover leak” or “valve cover TSB”, it won’t find any prior threads (no returned results) and now only shows me the most recent post from yesterday.

Just tried searching on the following and get no results from a wide open search:

Ford Warranty and user Cobra Jet
Tampering and user Cobra Jet

I know for a fact I’ve posted those words or have been involved in threads with those words.

doing complete wide open search across entire forum and made certain the box for “search titles only” is also unchecked.

it seems that the forum software can’t currently find older posts?

?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jarstang
Yea, search is definitely not working - something is off with the metadata or how the forum software used to retrieve data.

Using the below hyperlinked thread as an example - if I try to search on the just the term “48340”, from the thread below - a wide open site search, nothing is found:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/ssm-48340-sync-“gt”-screen-ssm-48442-sync-mods.137347/

C6C0965B-9DCC-4C16-917B-4355A468C4A6.jpeg

I’m using IPhone XR, with current iOS and Safari. The same happens on my iPad 5, with current iOS and Safari. I noticed the “no results” issue over the course of the last week when trying to look up various topics or terms - when I know they exist

Has something changed with the Xenforo software?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also noticing that say when visiting any specific thread - usually at the bottom there is a listing of “similar” or “like” threads of the same subject matter - those are now missing, or in some instances it’s only showing 1 other thread that is recent.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Thanks for letting me know. This should be fixed now. Please let me know if any further search issues.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Jarstang

I think something is still skewed...

tried searching wide open “headlights alignment” and the search is saying there’s absolutely no threads or content with those terms....

So I’ve logged out of the site, cleared all browser caches/cookies and did a mobile device “hard reset” on my end (just in case it’s user related) - logged back into site and tried the search again - nada.... zip... it won’t find any threads with “headlights alignment”.

I find something else that is strange too - if I go to my dashboard and within my profile, I click “your content”, shouldn’t that show the user all of their content they’ve posted since being a member? If so, then I think something is up - because I have over 7k posts - but when I view “my content” it only brings back a total of 13 pages with (20) posts per page - which is very shy of 7k. If that is not how the “your content” feature works, please disregard this part entirely.

—-

I also tried searching “alignment” w/ my user name and it won’t find any results - but I’ve been in threads where I’ve posted tech and have searched before that contains that word or content.
—-

Just trying to help with the diagnosis by giving the examples.

EDIT:
So here’s the thread I was searching for - can’t find it using search here, but if I went to Google and searched “headlight alignment+cobra jet+m6g”, exactly as it’s typed, in the Google results I was able to find the exact thread I was seeking:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/adjustment-for-headlights.32392/

When I am viewing that thread, below it, there’s absolutely no other threads relating to “headlights”, “headlights alignment” or “alignment” as what would normally appear.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
I've tried multiple search terms and have come up with "no results" every time - has been this way all week.

OP
OP
Cobra Jet

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It looks like the search engine is fixed. I’ve tried a few different combos of topic/word/field searches and the system is returning expected results - no other issues to report.

Thanks!
Sponsored