Sponsored

Is my Whipple dying? What is this noise?

2018S550GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wait. So Whipple saw and heard your video and said it was nothing to worry about? You sent it in and then it needs a big rebuild? I’m a little disappointed they said it was fine...

Any warranty coverage or all out of pocket? How many miles on it? Pushed hard or “normal”?

How long for the rebuild? Hopefully they can push it out quick for you!
Yeah, I'm a bit pissed about it too, especially since they won't cover it. Been on the car for a little over two years and put around 24K miles on it with normal driving.

Said it would take about two weeks to complete the work.

It will be the last time I put one of their products on a vehicle I own.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Yeah, I'm a bit pissed about it too, especially since they won't cover it. Been on the car for a little over two years and put around 24K miles on it with normal driving.

That completely sucks. It’s not something you hear about very often. I guess I expected Whipple to step up and do something for you.

Hopefully you get it back soon and it’s perfect!

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled

How much will the rebuild end up costing?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

What is Whipple's warranty? Are you saying they're not covering it because it's out of Warranty, or?

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
My whipple is starting to make the same noise as op. Going to pull it this weekend and check it out. Drain the oil and check everything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
J17GT

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
To update the thread - no sign of the noise since I retightened all the pulleys. 1200 miles and one drag race event with about a dozen passes. All has been quiet.

ZPD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Before I bought my Whipple I did a ton of research. There were quite a few people on You-tube that had this same problem and all seemed to be the pulley bolts. Glad you got it fixed J17GT.

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Finally got around to pulling the belt, idler bearing is shot. I found the replacement part number for the bearing only. Waiting for them to come in. Im going to order a spare pulley from whipple also.

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Probably should have followed my instincts and had a spare on hand and a spare belt.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Finally got around to pulling the belt, idler bearing is shot. I found the replacement part number for the bearing only. Waiting for them to come in. Im going to order a spare pulley from whipple also.
oddly enough i have the same issue. It started to make noise at mustang week. Swapped the belt and did some other work while i couldnt drive it due to waiting for my concrete to cure. Pulled the car out today and heard the same noise if not worse. Mine is the idler on the passenger side of the water pump. It even let the brand new belt walk off enough it hit the front cover of the engine. Guess i will get another new belt to be sure.

Sponsored

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
The bearing was actually good in the pulley. The outer race of the bearing was loose in the aluminum pulley. I have a part number for a gates pulley thats on the car now, it is a tiny bit smaller but it works. I will post the part number for the gates pulley tmw.

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Its not a gates pulley it was an acdelco 36604. It will work if you are using a 6 rib setup, although its a tiny bit samller in diameter by a millimeter.
Sponsored