Sponsored

Is my low serial # a big deal ?

RushFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Fellow enthusiasts ! ,

Is owning #J0004 a big deal ? - or just a cool factoid ...

I was talking to a guy at Ford Performance and he said my GT350 #J0004 could be the first stripeless Shadow Black off the line for 2018 , built 9/27/17. ( they can’t say for sure until the stats are compiled at the end of this year production ) . I think it’s cool , and I haven’t seen such a low number on this forum , for R’s or non-R’s , of any GT350 model year .

I noticed that low number on the dash as soon as I came upon the car on the showroom floor . The dealer didn’t say anything about it - I don’t think they knew - and luckily this one was exactly what I wanted , even with the Convenience package ! Plus , no dents , dings , scratches , great body panel fitment . I signed the papers at invoice in January . Traded my 2010 Vette Grand Sport and I couldn’t be happier .

I know most of these low serial numbers are reserved as press cars or Ford top brass personal vehicles . Even the Ford Performance guy sounded pretty shocked.

What do you guys think ? Does it make my car more valuable to a collector or is it just a number on a dash plaque ?

This forum rocks ....
RushFan:headbang:
img_9591.jpg j0004!.jpg
IMG_9775.PNG
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
For most of us it's just a number on the dash, but then again, people are fickle. If there is a guy out there in a couple years who specifically wants #004 of the 18's and black with no stripes, then you may yet have your day. But think about it the other way around too - if you knew you were never going to be selling your car, would you yourself pay more to have a lower number on the dash?

OP
OP
RushFan

RushFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Yep that’s a good way of looking at it . I doubt I’d pay extra for special serial number - I wouldn’t even entertain paying over MSRP , some dealers in my area were still asking over MSRP - for ‘17’s - and I paid invoice for my 18 .

You can pick a special VIN when ordering a 2019 ZR1 , for an additional
FIVE GRAND .

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
If it was 0004 produced in 2015 then you have something in terms of value for that number. Otherwise not really.

I'll admit it does look cooler than my 48XX. I can't even remember the whole number so you can see how much it means to me.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That's definitely interesting for sure and a great talking point but I wouldn't put much stock on it. But hey, I think it's cool.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have no special desire for low number or pre-production cars, I just want the ownership experience and the thrill of driving it. But I do think it would be cool to have a low #!

OP
OP
RushFan

RushFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Some thoughts ...

I have no special desire for low number or pre-production cars, I just want the ownership experience and the thrill of driving it. But I do think it would be cool to have a low #!
Very true . LOVE to be the first owner of one of these special vehicles . It is a great experience . I feel like a celebrity everywhere I go with it , especially the dealership .

A thought occurred to me about the low production number . I may be reaching here , but maybe the assembly line pays extra special attention to tolerances , build processes , etc , so they can calibrate accordingly ?

Maybe ? Maybe not ... Heck - I’ll just be happy with a well engineered and reliable GT350 .

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Very true . LOVE to be the first owner of one of these special vehicles . It is a great experience . I feel like a celebrity everywhere I go with it , especially the dealership .

A thought occurred to me about the low production number . I may be reaching here , but maybe the assembly line pays extra special attention to tolerances , build processes , etc , so they can calibrate accordingly ?

Maybe ? Maybe not ... Heck - I’ll just be happy with a well engineered and reliable GT350 .
NAH!!!! I own car 33 of 526 for 2016my. It is a cool fact but truly means nothing.

Sponsored

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Mine is JR 101 so to me it means 1 0f 1 because its mine to anyone else it probably means nothing! Great low number though being 0004

OP
OP
RushFan

RushFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Where around here did you get that car for invoice price?
McCarthy Ford in North Riverside . They were awesome to work with ! Great guys over there . The owners , sales reps , service people are all very helpful and willing to make a deal happen to move product .

I couldn’t tell you how many dealers I talked to , and was given an attitude when I inquired about their asking price . Ridiculous !

Unfortunately , McCarthy just got sold to Zeigler , and they will change things up I’m sure , but it sounds like most of the staff won’t change.

Last edited:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
That low serial number means you'll be a billionaire.

OP
OP
RushFan

RushFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Mine is JR 101 so to me it means 1 0f 1 because its mine to anyone else it probably means nothing! Great low number though being 0004
Well said !

Man , I’m getting jealous of everyone around here having an R !!

The only 350R’s around me were $20K over MSRP . Wouldn’t even consider it .

OP
OP
RushFan

RushFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
That low serial number means you'll be a billionaire.
Ha ! .... in that case , I’ll take three Ford GT’s , two GT350R’s , and a Raptor .

And a nice yacht with a helicopter on it .
Sponsored