Sponsored

Is Mustang a good motivator?

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
OK this is sort of a far out question. I have a bit of stressful IT job and work hard like many of us do. Thinking of getting a '17 GT PP (actually have one on hold).

For many reasons I like the PP GT. But the main one for me, is when I have something nice that I really like, it motivates me at work a bit more as it's one nice thing I can look forward to being an auto enthusiast.

Yes, I know it's an object and I look forward to other things. But when I had my 1SS Camaro, I found a new resurgence in my work. I'd still have the SS but it was a lemon buyback (lots of issues).

Wonder if anyone else felt similar?
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yep nothing like knowing you have a bad ass car to go home with. Sometimes you end up taking the long way home or you make excuses to your self to get something at the store you could of waited on.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
damn do we all work some stressful shit IT job? lol

Driving cars in general is a stress reliever let alone 400hp of shit eating grin to make you feel better

Twinguin

just a little Fury
Threads
Reaction score
Website
s76.photobucket.com
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Convertible
Very similar feelings here (IT job as well): best thing, getting into the convertible after work, push the roof down and just cruise home - often taking the long way. Yes, it's just a "thing" - but it also reminds oneself, why one is working hard. So, in summary: go for it!!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
For many reasons I like the PP GT. But the main one for me, is when I have something nice that I really like, it motivates me at work a bit more as it's one nice thing I can look forward to being an auto enthusiast.
Plus there are TONS of mods you can buy for the S550 Mustang, which will give you even more incentive to work even harder for lots of "mod money" to spend! Before you know it, you'll be working so much that you'll hardly drive the car, so be careful with jacking up the incentive to work harder. :D

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
OK this is sort of a far out question. I have a bit of stressful IT job and work hard like many of us do. Thinking of getting a '17 GT PP (actually have one on hold).

Yes, I know it's an object and I look forward to other things. But when I had my 1SS Camaro, I found a new resurgence in my work. I'd still have the SS but it was a lemon buyback (lots of issues).

Wonder if anyone else felt similar?
I also work in IT and i am looking to get a 17 PP right now. I love driving and I find it a stress reliever after a long day. For me it makes me much more happy and relaxed any time I get to drive. Being stuck in an Altima right now kills me.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Are you kidding me? Do we all work in the IT field here? Wow! :lol:

But yes, driving is a stress reliever. Driving fast is a stress reliever and an adrenaline starter. So win-win! Looking at the Mustang every time I walk away, I turn back to lock the doors and look for a split second. Definitely motivation there. You aren't alone sir. Modding on the other hand...there's not enough motivation in the world for all the mods I want to put on the car. :shrug:

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Another IT guy here reporting for duty! I agree, definitely a stress reliever to have a nice car to go home in. I think IT people are more likely to be car enthusiasts because of the nature of the job. If you are in IT, you probably like problem solving, making things run better and more efficiently, building things etc., so having a fun car to do those things to is like a fun break from work.

I can't count the number of people I know in IT who drive WRX/STi, Focus ST, Mustangs, Camaros etc. I would put money on 9/10 times, any sports car in the parking lot is probably owned by either an IT guy or an exec.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Another IT guy here reporting for duty! I agree, definitely a stress reliever to have a nice car to go home in. I think IT people are more likely to be car enthusiasts because of the nature of the job. If you are in IT, you probably like problem solving, making things run better and more efficiently, building things etc., so having a fun car to do those things to is like a fun break from work.

I can't count the number of people I know in IT who drive WRX/STi, Focus ST, Mustangs, Camaros etc. I would put money on 9/10 times, any sports car in the parking lot is probably owned by either an IT guy or an exec.
IT also :cheers:

Don't forget the Focus RS! (Which is what I currently drive).

However I am looking hard at getting back into a GT...maybe a convertible. Waiting to see if the 2018s are worth it.

Sponsored

Jiki05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I must be in the minority then since I’m not in IT...but I agree that it’s a great stress reliever after working a full day.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
I'm not in IT, but also have the opportunity to surf the web and post on forums during the day. You should go for it; life is not a dress rehearsal, it's showtime!

THE_AHJ

AuthorityHvngJurisdiction
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
Metrolink
App Eng here, GT is stress reliever for sure! I made minor adjustments in my route to and from work so I could hit some straight aways without traffic or street signs/signals....:D

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
I think starting the car and hearing the Corsa catback is a stress reliever. I think the aftermarket options for the car makes me want to work harder in my career.

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I’m an entry level aerospace engineer, and yes, having a nice car in general is a stress reliever. Putting in work to earn the car makes working hard easier/more rewarding as well.
Sponsored