Sponsored

Is it worth the extra money for 2 inch headers?

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
I have a bad cat on my passenger side and it is time to get a set of cat-less headers. Now then, while I am a big believer in "you get what you pay for" I was just wondering if it is worth it to pay $1300 for Stainless Works 2" LTs when I can pay half that for Stainless Power 1 7/8" LTs. I know the story behind the two different (but same) companies so I don't feel like the cheaper version is "bad".

My car has a Vortech Supercharger and puts 677 to the wheels right now. I have read that under a certain hp threshold, 1 7/8 is preferred due to back pressure.

Anybody have any thoughts on the matter?

As always, thanks for your expertise.

David
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Less clearance for one. If you are not making at least a 1000+ wheel, stick with the 7/8ths.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I have a bad cat on my passenger side and it is time to get a set of cat-less headers. Now then, while I am a big believer in "you get what you pay for" I was just wondering if it is worth it to pay $1300 for Stainless Works 2" LTs when I can pay half that for Stainless Power 1 7/8" LTs. I know the story behind the two different (but same) companies so I don't feel like the cheaper version is "bad".

My car has a Vortech Supercharger and puts 677 to the wheels right now. I have read that under a certain hp threshold, 1 7/8 is preferred due to back pressure.

Anybody have any thoughts on the matter?

As always, thanks for your expertise.

David
Wildhorse is 100% correct. I would not consider going with 2" primary headers unless you're making over 1000hp. Stick with the 1 7/8.

OP
OP
Brombones

Brombones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Mustang PP1
Appreciate the responses. It definitely falls in line with what I have already researched but it never hurts to make sure.

Thanks again,

David

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Search around. There are some tests out on the web that show the 2 inch having an advantage over the 1 7/8ths. These were N/A.

Supercharged I'd go with 2 inch
Sponsored