Sponsored

Is it worth spending $1900 on radio upgrade to 8 inch system from infotainment?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I have the factory nav that came with my 2020 GT and honestly it sucks big time, save your money lol

Wait until you sample the 4" screen of a base 300a.
Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I have the factory nav that came with my 2020 GT and honestly it sucks big time, save your money lol
You are correct. The NAV in my wife’s 2020 M240i is night and day compared to mine. It’s almost not even worth using mine. I know you pay more for some technology but they can at least make it worthwhile.

War-Machine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1, Shadow Black
You are correct. The NAV in my wife’s 2020 M240i is night and day compared to mine. It’s almost not even worth using mine. I know you pay more for some technology but they can at least make it worthwhile.
I keep meaning to see if there is some type of update for it. So frustrating to not be able to find simple things by name, or some streets not showing up. They need to just partner with Google for the maps haha

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
I tried parts farm once they only sent the screen and charged more for it. They said they don’t have the cable required
What cable are you looking for? What year is your Mustang?

Sponsored

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
when I got my Mustang, that was one of the first things I upgraded, was a $500-600 unit from Moddiction, worked well until just last week. random reboots and freezes, scrambled screen, intermittently no sound. I tried doing a system reset a few times but that didn't seem to help. so trying to decide whether to reinstall the original 4" unit or drop $1800+ on a new unit. The only thing I cared about was the bigger screen; for $500 it was a good investment, I don't know about 3-4x that...

OP
OP

Sky006

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sky
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT
when I got my Mustang, that was one of the first things I upgraded, was a $500-600 unit from Moddiction, worked well until just last week. random reboots and freezes, scrambled screen, intermittently no sound. I tried doing a system reset a few times but that didn't seem to help. so trying to decide whether to reinstall the original 4" unit or drop $1800+ on a new unit. The only thing I cared about was the bigger screen; for $500 it was a good investment, I don't know about 3-4x that...
It’s always an issue with after market bigger screen even though they are less than $600 anytime in the future we can get issue with the system itself or AC controls or something else on it. if you don’t wanna spend anymore money on it u can go back to 4 inch. If not try contacting hextalls550

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I upgraded my '17 Mustang with Sync 3. With the '17 I needed an adapter harness (to be Carplay compatible) and a new USB hub (the one that mounts in the console). I got the Harness from Hextall and he's great. I removed the Sync 3 setup when I bought my '19 GT. The '19 did NOT need a harness or hub.

My Sync 3 unit is non-Nav (I use Apple CarPlay - Waze etc for Navigation).

If you hunt around you can do the upgrade cheap - depends on how much leg work you want to do. I did the entire upgrade (Sync 3 APIM and screen + trim panel / AC panel) for less than $500. The unit I have came out of a '16 Mustang. It was Sync V1. I upgraded to Sync 2.2 (there are instructions / threads here and on other forums to get it done) and then recently upgraded the same unit to Sync 3.4. Zero issues so far.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
It’s always an issue with after market bigger screen even though they are less than $600 anytime in the future we can get issue with the system itself or AC controls or something else on it. if you don’t wanna spend anymore money on it u can go back to 4 inch. If not try contacting hextalls550
I tried reaching out to him through his website (not through the forums), maybe I'll try to PM him here. I figure, in the short run, I can go back to the 4" and see how awful it is/isn't. LOL, it's been so long since I did the upgrade, I can't even remember what it can/can't do...

BrianGT2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Mustang Eco Convertible
hey guys,
I’m planning to upgrade 4 inch navigation system in GT to a 8 inch system from infotainment
https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/2018-ford-mustang
Felt expensive but no other good alternative for this upgrade. Is it worth it?
I put a pioneer double din my ecoboost. I am about to upgrade to the same unit in my GT. I have bluetooth, wifi, and can use my mobile hotspot and run youtube and various other apps and video playing services on the screen along with weather. I keep my climate controls as well.

Sponsored

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
Parts Farm can hook you up for about half the cost.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I went with the cheaper 301A option that gives you the 8" screen, but passed on the $900 option for nav. I'm using Android Auto and Google maps which is far better than the Ford nav.

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
I went with the cheaper 301A option that gives you the 8" screen, but passed on the $900 option for nav. I'm using Android Auto and Google maps which is far better than the Ford nav.
Absolutely! The only times [and they were rare] I ever used the Nav feature was when I was in an area where phone coverage was spotty/non-existant. I always use Apple maps or Waze, they are updated frequently without paying $100 to upgrade Nav maps. All I really want is a screen that's bigger than 4"...

Lads1719

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT: PP1: 300A: Lightning Blue
hey guys,
I’m planning to upgrade 4 inch navigation system in GT to a 8 inch system from infotainment
https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/2018-ford-mustang
Felt expensive but no other good alternative for this upgrade. Is it worth it?
I just bought my car a few months ago and this was one of the first things I did. 1900 was pricey, but you get a quality product, that’s super-easy to install yourself and a load of features that I use daily. I also disn’t have the time to spend hunting down and matching pieces together. Everything was in one box ready to go. Waze on the big screen paired with a radar detector is a great combo.

Bottom line, I was in the same boat not being sure if it was worth it, but I’m really glad I did. And no joke on the install, I’ve NEVER worked on a car before and had it done in a cpl hours.

Last edited:

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I received my 4 to 8 from infotainment.com today. Works great. It was pricey but worth it for the seamless operation and fairly easy install in my 17 GT.

2680324A-A536-4009-B74D-6EC18774D8A3.jpeg

20BB0C50-2219-492E-90A7-B6CFC402AA51.jpeg
Sponsored