Sponsored

Is it worth buying a Shelby gt350?

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Im out of the loop. But that is still smaller brakes right? Rotors are not two peice? Does that have the aluminum front end? The coolers? And its still down 70HP?

Hows the areo? Etc?

Another problem is when you are trying to sell your 45 (for me with options 50k) mustang there will be 35k ones and most people wont be able to tell the difference.
Good point that the GT350 should hold it's value better over time.
Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
18 GT $35,095
301A $2,000
Active Exhaust $895
Performance Pack L2 $6500
Destination $900
Total $45,390

The reason why this car has dual character is because under 3500RPM its more like you're driving an Ecoboost Mustang and then flips over to crazytown after that. Here is dyno chart of my 14 GT500 (red), 15 GT (green) and 16 GT350 (blue). They were all run on the same dyno. You'll see how the GT350 dips below the GT under 3500.
My 13 GT500 was revving to 7500, what happened here :)

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
First car I’ve ever owned that I drove off the lot new and avg market value was higher than what I paid.
For now but it won't be after the new Ford Performance Mustang comes out. My 14 GT500 was like that for a while. Bought it for invoice and could have turned it immediately for over MSRP. They've held their value well but still depreciated like any car...just slowly.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
My 13 GT500 was revving to 7500, what happened here :)
Then your GT500 must have had a tune on it because the over-rev feature was only to 7000. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
For now but it won't be after the new Ford Performance Mustang comes out. My 14 GT500 was like that for a while. Bought it for invoice and could have turned it immediately for over MSRP. They've held their value well but still depreciated like any car...just slowly.
It has 7500 or so miles on the clock so that state is already over.

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Hey guys!
Ford is not taking more orders in GT350/R.
I’ve been calling dealerships and they are asking $5000 over MSRP price.

I don’t know what to do? I’ve been driving automatic transmission since I moved to US. When I learned to drive, I did it in manual transmission, but it was many years ago. Also I’ve been considering a Hellcat Redeye.

So, will the GT350R worth the $5000 over MSRP?
Will the car easy to me for drive?
What would you do, take it?

Please, any advice will be appreciated.

Regards

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I would buy a low miles one second hand in good condition anytime and save 20k over paying 5000 OVER sticker. As long as it still has warranty, why not.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Hey guys!

I don’t know what to do? I’ve been driving automatic transmission since I moved to US. When I learned to drive, I did it in manual transmission, but it was many years ago. Also I’ve been considering a Hellcat Redeye.

Regards
Are you looking specifically for an R? Why do you have to order one? There should be new and used ones for sale all over the country. If you are not really planning on tracking the car I would skip the R version and get a GT350. Like I said there are lots of them available for sale, I would not pay over MSRP for sure. And a gently used one is probably the best value.

I don't think anyone can answer if the car will be easy for you to drive. It's a high revving performance car with a manual transmission. Not knowing your skill level I would say buy a used one and take some of the savings and sign up for some performance schools and track/autox days.

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Are you looking specifically for an R? Why do you have to order one? There should be new and used ones for sale all over the country. If you are not really planning on tracking the car I would skip the R version and get a GT350. Like I said there are lots of them available for sale, I would not pay over MSRP for sure. And a gently used one is probably the best value.

I don't think anyone can answer if the car will be easy for you to drive. It's a high revving performance car with a manual transmission. Not knowing your skill level I would say buy a used one and take some of the savings and sign up for some performance schools and track/autox days.
Thanks

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hey guys!

Regards
Just curious who told you that the order banks are closed for a 2020 GT350R?

Unless they just closed the orders banks within the last day or so they were taking R model orders earlier this week.

I would suggest that a $5000 ADM for one of the last 2020 R's is reasonable but suggest that there is still the odd MSRP deal still out there.

Good luck!

:wink:

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
Just curious who told you that the order banks are closed for a 2020 GT350R?

Unless they just closed the orders banks within the last day or so they were taking R model orders earlier this week.

I would suggest that a $5000 ADM for one of the last 2020 R's is reasonable but suggest that there is still the odd MSRP deal still out there.

Good luck!

:wink:
many guys here in this forum told me that. Even my dealer told me they can’t place more orders for GT350. They lied?

Anyway, I found another dealer that told me they can place my order removing one GT350 they already have placed. Also I’m trying to low those $5000 over MSRP all dealers are asking.

Is this car my best option guys? I love the Challenger Hellcat Redeye and this Shelby GT350R, but this Shelby sounds amazing.

I’m not experienced in manual transmission, but I have an idea when I learned in manual. Also I’m very careful with my cars, so I can learned.

What do you think? I know that asking this in a Mustang forum I won’t get any points for a Challenger, but...
Sponsored