Sponsored

Is it possible to get better than X-Plan or Costco pricing on ordered vehicle?

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Hey everyone. I'm aware that people here are getting some great deals negotiating prices on vehicles on the lot. But what about vehicles that need to be ordered?

I'm looking to purchase a GTPP Premium with Recaros and redline interior. No dealers in my area even have a Mustang with Recaros so it will have to be ordered. I can get X-Plan (just joined EAA) or Costco pricing (which seems to be about the same thing).

Because the car has to ordered though, has anyone had any luck negotiating a better price for an ordered vehicle? I don't mind negotiating as I've done it before, but not with a car I had to order. Any tips?

Thanks in advance :cheers:
Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Been asked many times here and you'll get the standard "I TOLD them what price I would pay! (with chest all puffed out and spitting on your shoe)" but bottom line is if they don't have the dealer compitition in your area your SOL. Between the time I ordered and got delivery I did all the tricks found in the forums: sign up for snail mail brochurs, e-mail brochures, Ford incentives and EAA discounts. Final Results: $2250 under X-plan

2016 Mustang GT Convertible Deep Impact Blue
- 400A
- 6 spd Auto
- 3.55 differential
- 18" Foundry wheels
- Premier Trim Ebony

MSRP - $44,935
X-Plan - $42,269
Cust. Cash - $500
EAA eCert - $750
Private Cash -$1000
Total = $40,019 + TTL

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Been asked many times here and you'll get the standard "I TOLD them what price I would pay! (with chest all puffed out and spitting on your shoe)" but bottom line is if they don't have the dealer compitition in your area your SOL. Between the time I ordered and got delivery I did all the tricks found in the forums: sign up for snail mail brochurs, e-mail brochures, Ford incentives and EAA discounts. Final Results: $2250 under X-plan

- 400A
- 6 spd Auto
- 3.55 differential
- 18" Foundry wheels
- Premier Trim Ebony

MSRP - $44,935
X-Plan - $42,269
Cust. Cash - $500
EAA eCert - $750
Private Cash -$1000
Total = $40,019 + TTL
Racer,

How long ago did you get your car? Just wondering on the $750 eCERT from EAA as I am a member as well and will be taking delivery of a car next week.

Thanks!!

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Racer,

How long ago did you get your car? Just wondering on the $750 eCERT from EAA as I am a member as well and will be taking delivery of a car next week.

Thanks!!
Ordered May '15 (a few weeks before Job 1) delivered Sept '15. It was a long wait!

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP

- 400A
- 6 spd Auto
- 3.55 differential
- 18" Foundry wheels
- Premier Trim Ebony

MSRP - $44,935
X-Plan - $42,269
Cust. Cash - $500
EAA eCert - $750
Private Cash -$1000
Total = $40,019 + TTL
Yeah, that's the current strategy I plan on using. I have 5 or 6 Ford dealers in my area. I'll be visiting a few in the next few days to see what I can come up with. I was just wondering if anyone had successful tips when trying to work a price between dealers when having to order.

Sponsored

Sub-Moa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Magnetic
It is possible but you have to find the right dealer who will want to work with you. I was able to get a Mustang PP Premier GT from Military Auto sales built to my specs for a really good deal. That may just be because it is Military auto sales and the fact that I spent over 30 days to get the price I wanted. It all just depends on the dealer and how much work you want to put into it all.

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Well so far the best deal I've found is $40K + tax and license. This includes $37 fuel charge, $625 ADV assessment, and $900 destination and delivery.

Package includes:

GT Premium
Performance Package
Recaro seats
Redline interior
Navigation

I'm hoping I can work a deal out the door including tax, title and tags for $43k, less any incentives I can get.

Ellas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Shelby GT, 1967 GT500, 1993 Cobra
Have you tried Trucar.com yet? I was able to get 5K off MSRP with my special order with 0 hassle.

OP
OP
NvrFinished

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
No I haven't. I didn't realize you can do factory orders through them.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I got my salesman to spill the beans on the Costco plan when I was ordering my new Mustang...he said it is usually $125 below dealer invoice ;)

I have a feeling that the Costco price is better on a car that's been sitting on the lot a while, I got a really good price on my last car (the Ruby Red one) that had been sitting on the lot for about 2.5 months before I bought it :thumbsup:
Sponsored