Sponsored

is it possible to buy and add the Shaker sub to the Tech package?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
I am still surprised the technology package didnt come with at least the same stereo at my 2015 GT did with the shaker system. Seems like it could have been better for all the money spent on it.

Is there any way to buy the shaker sub and add it to the trunk and system so it will hopefully sound a little better? I dont really want to tear apart the system and rebuild, just something to have it sound a bit better than it does.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Pretty sure it lacks all the wiring to make that possible as a turnkey thing. I'm interested in any aftermarket audio stuff people come up with for this car though. I think an actual EQ would go a long way on this car. It's not half bad at high volumes which make me believe it's just poor adjustments available on the software side in the Sync 3 system.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
at lower volumes it is completely unbalanced and has zero sound stage. you have to turn it up to even get the slightest impact from the speakers, its almost like they didnt tune the amps to the speakers, it sounds like your driving 8 ohm speakers from a amp that was designed for 2 ohms.

TOPdeadCENTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT500 SVTPP
Another option is JL audio stealth box. Fits similar to the Shaker but would require an amp. Not sure about the price on the ford shaker sub but the stealth box is costly. They have mostly good/great reviews.

Sponsored

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
I am still surprised the technology package didnt come with at least the same stereo at my 2015 GT did with the shaker system. Seems like it could have been better for all the money spent on it.

Is there any way to buy the shaker sub and add it to the trunk and system so it will hopefully sound a little better? I dont really want to tear apart the system and rebuild, just something to have it sound a bit better than it does.
If you look for a Kicker Dealer they can get you the GT 5.0 sub that is in the right back corner i sell them the ford dealers or better yet JL audio has one that goes in the spare tire wheel all you do is remove the air compressor.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

You need way more than sub, for sure. The 4 factory speakers are a joke. (Premium?) My 350GT needed AMP, DSP, SUB, and 4 speakers. The front/center speaker is for SYNC and Nav only. Sirius reception still blows.

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
The stock trunk sub doesn't really make a difference. It's weak. Go aftermarket.
Sponsored