Sponsored

Is it possible to add Homelink visor to a 301a '19 Mustang?

Shawn 94 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Mustang GT PP1 A10
So I took delivery of my '19 GT this past Tuesday, and with this car I wanted it to be a little more basic, and not so much like a luxury car. I never really cared too much for the leather in my previous two Mustang premiums, but wanted to keep Sync3. So it was the 301a package for me. I do miss my garage door opener though. I did a search, but only came up with this being possible on the pre-18 cars. Does anyone know if I can order a Homelink visor and install it on my car? Is it plug and play, or do you have to splice wires? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn
Sponsored

OP
OP
Shawn 94 GT

Shawn 94 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, and that looks promising if itā€™s the same visor used on the ā€˜15-ā€˜17. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve seen somewhere on here that people have put them on the older cars that did not come with them. My visor is illuminated, so thereā€™s some kinda plug there. Whether itā€™s the same or not, who knows. I am assuming all the electronics for the Homelink remote are contained in the visor. I have no idea if there is any other antennas anywhere else in the car.

motorjock205

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red, 2016 Mustang GT Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
So I took delivery of my '19 GT this past Tuesday, and with this car I wanted it to be a little more basic, and not so much like a luxury car. I never really cared too much for the leather in my previous two Mustang premiums, but wanted to keep Sync3. So it was the 301a package for me. I do miss my garage door opener though. I did a search, but only came up with this being possible on the pre-18 cars. Does anyone know if I can order a Homelink visor and install it on my car? Is it plug and play, or do you have to splice wires? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Shawn
I added the homelink to my wife's 16 and it just plugs in to the plugs that are already there for the lights. All it needs is power and ground to work. Plug and Play on her 16, so should work for you too.

OP
OP
Shawn 94 GT

Shawn 94 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the reply. I didnā€™t figure there would be too much difference between 15-17 and 19 up.

Thanks,
Shawn

Sponsored

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I'm interested in this too. Mine is a 2019 300A.

Deleted member 35644

Ford wants a small fortune for Homelink visors. I got one from a wrecking yard. Plug & Play.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
it is indeed just plug and play
Sponsored