Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Well that’s pretty slick !
Yep, I run the JB4 on my M5 and it makes about 600hp/620tq at the rear wheels on map 1.

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Before you tune you need a real intercooler. The OEM intercooler is a POS and you will heatsoak very quickly with "spirited" driving. I'd also go with a good drop in air filter.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Before you tune you need a real intercooler. The OEM intercooler is a POS and you will heatsoak very quickly with "spirited" driving. I'd also go with a good drop in air filter.
If OP goes with the FP tune the filter is included. Upgrading the IC would be an excellent idea but I would be concerned about possible warranty denials. It’s a shame FP doesn’t make one that would have their warranty.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I'm not sure how small the Ford intercooler is, but I have a lot of experience with them on BMWs. Here's the difference between the stock and aftermarket intercoolers for the BMW N55 engine.

20191230_182932.jpg

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I'm not sure how small the Ford intercooler is, but I have a lot of experience with them on BMWs. Here's the difference between the stock and aftermarket intercoolers for the BMW N55 engine.

20191230_182932.jpg
That's about the size of the Ford intercooler.

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
A pro-tune does not technically void your warranty. What is does do is increase the chances that the dealership will deny warranty work because of it. You DO, in fact, have some legal protection against warranty denial due to aftermarket parts (Magnussen Moss Warranty Act) but you have to be willing to litigate. Most people aren't. When it comes to corporate litigation, one individual is a little fish. A stubborn dealership knows this.

For this reason, the subject of to mod or not to mod comes down to a combination of three things:
1.) The reputation of the service dept. @ your preferred dealership. Some places will not cover warranty work if they so much as detect an aftermarket air filter or spark plugs, and others have reps for willingly working on modded cars. Its really up to you to determine. Before you mod, take the car in for a normal service and ask around. I stopped using one dealership who were super fickle about warranty work and went to another who were much more lax and fixed everything and anything no questions asked.
2.) How many mods you have. If you're super concerned about warranty, yet have a ton of mods, can you take the time to return the car as closely back to stock as possible? The degree to which you can will greatly increase your chances of warranty work being approved. If you are tuned, but reflash the car to the stock tune and key-cycle enough times (pressing IGN on/off so that the car doesn't say its only been turned on once or twice on the current tune) the technicians will have to really look for it and dig deep to find its been tuned. I actually have never heard of it happening, only that it's possible for them to find out.
3.) The nature of the warranty work. A catastrophic engine failure will require a much more thorough teardown by the service department than a recall, TSB, misfire, CEL or something wrong with your A/C evaporator.

Last edited: