Sponsored

Is it OK to drive with 285 rear tires when fronts are 305?

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I run a 305 square setup on my 2017 GT350. I need new rear tires but they are out of stock. In the mean time, I want to put my 285 snow tires on rears and not touch the fronts. Reason is the front snow tires are brand new and they will get destroyed in summer heat. Rear snows are done already (I have an extra 2 tires that I was planning to mount before snow season) and I dont care about them.

This would be for city driving and 50 mile trips to the beach etc. Not sure how long the tires will be out of stock.

Concern is more for ABS/traction control/etc and a lot less around tramlining. I am OK drive “normal” until this issue is sorted.

Thank you
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
It'll be fine. just less traction in the rear, likely to snap oversteer if you get on the throttle too aggressively. You're not going to hurt the car if that's what you're asking.

I've driven with PS4S on the front and Contis DWS06 in the rear after I caught a nail in the rear Michelin.

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It'll be fine. just less traction in the rear, likely to snap oversteer if you get on the throttle too aggressively. You're not going to hurt the car if that's what you're asking.

I've driven with PS4S on the front and Contis DWS06 in the rear after I caught a nail in the rear Michelin.
Thank you. As long as ABS functions and its safe to drive is all I am looking for. This car sees a lot of miles, our daily driver.
Sponsored