Sponsored

Is it not possible to [independently] change the suspension settings on the Mach 1?

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I have a 700A Mach 1 without the HP, and so far as I can tell going through the various menus and looking through the manual, you can only change the damping setting in the car by changing drive modes (Sport+, Track, etc). I would like to save "MyMode" as basically the Track mode, but with the Sport suspension setting... and it doesn't seem like that's possible. Am I blind? Or is that just a weird limitation of this car?

From what I gather, even "regular" GTs spec'd with the adaptive dampers allow you to adjust the suspension independently, so this is a rather disappointing omission.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
I don't think that is possible. I was disappointed this appears to be the case.

I want normal suspension, but with the throttle tuning of the sport + mode.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
From what I gather, even "regular" GTs spec'd with the adaptive dampers allow you to adjust the suspension independently, so this is a rather disappointing omission.
They do not and never have - they've been exactly tied to drive modes like you observed (not to start argument but it's a GT in a nutshell). Only cars that truly could do that were GT350s (not sure about GT500 - probably too).

One way around it is to use DSC Sport Controller where you can upload whatever suspension calibration you want into whatever mode you want - however - that doesn't make it truly independent and you don't get to use stock Ford calibrations.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
They do not and never have - they've been exactly tied to drive modes like you observed (not to start argument but it's a GT in a nutshell). Only cars that truly could do that were GT350s (not sure about GT500 - probably too).

One way around it is to use DSC Sport Controller where you can upload whatever suspension calibration you want into whatever mode you want - however - that doesn't make it truly independent and you don't get to use stock Ford calibrations.
say what?

Sponsored

OP
OP
RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Interesting... Thanks for the info. I know all in all, the Mach 1 is probably more similar to a PP/PP2 GT than it is to a GT350, but Ford markets it as a special car that's largely meant to replace the GT350. You'd think it would have a simple feature like this that comes on that car.

But ah well. I still love this thing, and while your explanation makes the omission make a lil more sense, it's still kinda disappointing. (I'd also be disappointed to have optioned a GT with magneride only to learn about this, but slightly moreso in a Mach 1)

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
But ah well. I still love this thing, and while your explanation makes the omission make a lil more sense, it's still kinda disappointing. (I'd also be disappointed to have optioned a GT with magneride only to learn about this, but slightly moreso in a Mach 1)
Absolutely - I was disappointed too when I got my car - it takes flexibility away - especially that it wouldn't be hard to do since it's been a feature on the Shelbys since 2015.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP

I did not know it was an option on the GT350, although it makes sense since it is a 6spd so you can't change the drive mode in it like any of the autos. I knew it was in the GT500 since I'd seen people post and talk about being able to change that independently.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I did not know it was an option on the GT350, although it makes sense since it is a 6spd so you can't change the drive mode in it like any of the autos. I knew it was in the GT500 since I'd seen people post and talk about being able to change that independently.
What do you mean ? And what does it have to do with manual transmission ? You absolutely can chance drive modes on manual transmission cars, both Shelby's and GT/Machs - they change throttle mapping, TC / Advancetrac settings and - which is what this thread is about - Magride calibrations.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
What do you mean ? And what does it have to do with manual transmission ? You absolutely can chance drive modes on manual transmission cars, both Shelby's and GT/Machs - they change throttle mapping, TC / Advancetrac settings and - which is what this thread is about - Magride calibrations.
i suppose, I was more thinking just trans shift points on autos when changing drive modes and agree with you. I know it was about magride and that's why I mentioned it on the 350 and 500s. I to wish we had an independent button to change just suspension if we wanted on the new Mach 1's

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Part of my change list were I king for a day:
1) this feature
2) PDR like camaro/corvette
3) left paddle feature on A10 like camaro - hold it down to get to lowest available gear -same damn transmission and that isn't on ours...wtf
4) HP wheels available with GT500 PS4s on HP or non-HP
Stretch goals
1) DCT from GT500
2) 5.2 liter NA powerplant (cross plane though) to get over 500hp -this is actually the one I care the least about though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RocketGuy3

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Part of my change list were I king for a day:
1) this feature
2) PDR like camaro/corvette
3) left paddle feature on A10 like camaro - hold it down to get to lowest available gear -same damn transmission and that isn't on ours...wtf
4) HP wheels available with GT500 PS4s on HP or non-HP
Stretch goals
1) DCT from GT500
2) 5.2 liter NA powerplant to get over 500hp -this is actually the one I care the least about though.
Could not agree more about #2. I LOVED that feature when they announced it for the Corvette, and I was so hopeful more manufacturers would follow suit with something similar... but very few did, and I don't get it. It's sooo useful, even outside of track driving.

Last edited:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
i was interested in this too, so i did some looking a while ago and might have found a way, but can't promise anything, especially since i haven't been able to test it at all, so follow this at your own risk
with Forscan, 724-03-01 should be 1733-XXXX-XX stock, but changing it to 3933-XXXX-XX (X being the bit that was already there) should add the damper and steering feel button functions where "Set +" and "Set -" are respectively
if you decide to test it and it actually works, you should replace the cruise control buttons with part LR3Z-9C888-AA, which is the buttons from the GT500
there's also an off chance this could change the steering feel switch to an exhaust mode one, but i have 0% confidence in that and you might just have 2 steering feel buttons

Rock50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
i was interested in this too, so i did some looking a while ago and might have found a way, but can't promise anything, especially since i haven't been able to test it at all, so follow this at your own risk
with Forscan, 724-03-01 should be 1733-XXXX-XX stock, but changing it to 3933-XXXX-XX (X being the bit that was already there) should add the damper and steering feel button functions where "Set +" and "Set -" are respectively
if you decide to test it and it actually works, you should replace the cruise control buttons with part LR3Z-9C888-AA, which is the buttons from the GT500
there's also an off chance this could change the steering feel switch to an exhaust mode one, but i have 0% confidence in that and you might just have 2 steering feel buttons
Mind sharing how you came up with these values, are they just what the GT500 has? Really want to try this but afraid the car will explode 🙂 May not even work without swapping the cruise control buttons. Similar like the swap to the digital cluster, it needs new buttons as they send their own code or something.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Mind sharing how you came up with these values, are they just what the GT500 has? Really want to try this but afraid the car will explode 🙂 May not even work without swapping the cruise control buttons. Similar like the swap to the digital cluster, it needs new buttons as they send their own code or something.
i came up with the values after looking at a GT500's as-built data and just looking at some stuff to see if i could activate the magneride settings
also, i'm 99.9999% sure the different buttons are just for looks and it's that code that sets what it does
if nobody else tries it and updates if it works, i'll do it
Sponsored