Sponsored

Is it me? Have used GT350 price jumped up lately?

fpGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Dodge Viper RT10, 09 Mercedes AMG C63, 18 Shelby GT350
I've noticed the same trend on Hellcat, Viper, and Corvette asking prices. However, I have watched asking prices on 2020 GT500s decreasing as original ridiculous asking prices failed to attract buyers. It's still hard to find a bargain purchase today on any of these cars.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No! I was just speaking generically. I have exactly what I want in my car.

I was just building on with 460 said, about the balance between compromising, not compromising, and then after moving on seeing plenty of out there that werenā€™t available when you were looking. For any purchase, not just GT 350s

G0628 Isnā€™t going anywhere.
Thats a relief. She was good to me and it seems she's good to you. That car is one of the good ones. Bulletproof so to speak.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Yes, they are stabilizing and increasing.

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
There a few of us who bought new holdover ā€˜19ā€™s recently at a very good price. There are still plenty out there and if youā€™re willing to make some sacrifices on options, you canā€™t go wrong.
Sometimes waiting for the perfect car to come up can result in no car. Get ā€˜em while their hot!
Just curious...what do you think is a very good price for a holdover 2019?

Sponsored

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
I tend to agree. Just in the last couple months since I bought mine, the number of new GT350's listed for sale nationally is way down.. For the most part, if you are at all picky about color or options, you have to be pretty lucky to find one that doesn't require shipping from half way across the country. Using CarGurus site there are only 4 within 200 miles of me and 9 within 500 miles. That's a fraction of what there was just a couple months ago. Plus, while the Mach 1 sounds like a nice evolution, it's not the 500hp+ car some had speculated. There's still a clear line between it and a car that likely will no longer be produced (ours!).

Franzchise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Performance Blue GT350, 19 Golf R,
My local dealer said he couldn't even touch one at the auction prices for the used one's he saw. I grabbed mine just as Covid was in full swing, late March and I m glad I did because prices have surely gone up . good luck with the search.

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My local dealer said he couldn't even touch one at the auction prices for the used one's he saw. I grabbed mine just as Covid was in full swing, late March and I m glad I did because prices have surely gone up . good luck with the search.
Thanks man. Great looking car on your profile pic. Nice choice!

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
Just curious...what do you think is a very good price for a holdover 2019?
As for me I got mine in the middle of March, MSRP was like 65.800 and I got it for around 57.000. Obviously I thought that was a good deal, I bought it. lol

I think I was just blessed to have been looking at the right time, as it looks like that has turned out to be around the time when they was at their lowest.

Keep looking for the one you want, enjoy the search, I love mine. Good luck finding the one you want.

foolwithtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
It's not limited to GT350s. Prices for used cars in general are going up a lot right now because there's a bit of a shortage of cars. People that used to take public transit and never owned cars before are entering the market due to COVID fears and with the factory shutdowns earlier this year there aren't too many new cars floating around to buy either. https://www.barrons.com/articles/used-car-prices-record-pandemic-heres-why-51592589604 https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b.../06/used-car-prices-continue-rise/3312339001/

Sponsored

Powelltc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
As for me I got mine in the middle of March, MSRP was like 65.800 and I got it for around 57.000. Obviously I thought that was a good deal, I bought it. lol

I think I was just blessed to have been looking at the right time, as it looks like that has turned out to be around the time when they was at their lowest.

Keep looking for the one you want, enjoy the search, I love mine. Good luck finding the one you want.
Thatā€™s awesome. Congrats and thanks for the response. Right now it is looking like I would be doing really well to end up around $60,500. That shows how the market has gone since COVID. Like another poster said, itā€™s across all cars. Classic supply and demand. Low supply and higher demand equals a higher price!

Ash1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Shelby GT350 Race Red
Glad I got mine when I did. Wished I got one this past winter when they where cheaper. I saw one near me the other day that was a 2016 tech pack with 48k miles for $43,000. I thought it was way overpriced. It sold in less than 2 weeks!

B Dot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Gt, 2015 ES 300h, 2008 Explorer
Shortage of used cars so prices are up. I think they will dip a little as dealers get more used inventory. Pretty much every used car going for more now then they were earlier in the year.

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I was browsing the usual sites just out of curiosity - cargurus, autotrader, etc. It seemed like prices have jumped about $5000+ from about year ago.

Have you noticed any increase? Am I imagining this?
Yes. I look almost daily for over a year and yes. Prices have gone up. So much so that a used or NEW 2019 seems to almost be the best bang for the buck. 2017's and 18's in the low to mid 50's. Few grand more and get a 2019.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Yes. I look almost daily for over a year and yes. Prices have gone up. So much so that a used or NEW 2019 seems to almost be the best bang for the buck. 2017's and 18's in the low to mid 50's. Few grand more and get a 2019.
I donā€™t think dealers are discounting new GT350ā€™s as much as they were even a few months ago. Iā€™m guessing if you can get one below $60K now (assuming loaded) you are lucky.

GT350 inventory for used and new is drying up.
Sponsored