Is it just me "Owning a Supercharged Mustang"

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Street tires. Nothing less than cup sports or toyo 888r.
Streetable drag radial. Nitto 555r
Best track Drag radials. Mickey Thompson et street R
Or nitto Nto5rs.
Couldn't have said it better!
All very good options^
Sponsored

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The blower was the best upgrade I did on my car. 2nd gear hooks in any RPM on my Nitto NT555G2 with 315's out back. First is a smoke show for the most part with TC off

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
Stock Michelin PS4S in 275 I can not get traction now with latest Roush tune in 60 degree weather! I definitely need wider tires.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Stock Michelin PS4S in 275 I can not get traction now with latest Roush tune in 60 degree weather! I definitely need wider tires.
So the latest tune made that much difference?

No tire is going to perform when it gets colder. It has the opposite effect of warning you tires in a burnout at the strip.

Carlos550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang gt PP
How driveable is to drive in the rain with a SC. I'm thinking of going with a Whipple on my 2017 GT for next year. My s550 is a daily.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Yup, the latest Roush tune.
So..just to clarify, you went down a pulley size and upgraded your injectors and the stock roush tune just "works"?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
How driveable is to drive in the rain with a SC. I'm thinking of going with a Whipple on my 2017 GT for next year. My s550 is a daily.
Car drives just fine in the rain unless you push it.

Until I floor it, it's stock

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
that's a lot of power. Does anyone actually hook on the street with 900rwhp?
At 900whp, no, I cannot hook 1-3rd gear when I get into boost. But, my turbos make a decent amount more torque than my Procharger did so that doesn't help.

305/35/20 Mickey Thompson ET Street out back. When I was at 750whp with D1 Procharger, I could hook in 2nd at least. I'm also a manual car but that shouldn't really matter when going WOT in 2nd and 3rd gear.

I'm thinking I need to go with the 305/45/18 Mickey Thompson ET Street R's which I've heard hooks much better.

So my boost is turned down to about 11psi but would like to run 14psi. All stock motor except OPS and CS.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
At 900whp, no, I cannot hook 1-3rd gear when I get into boost. But, my turbos make a decent amount more torque than my Procharger did so that doesn't help.

305/35/20 Mickey Thompson ET Street out back. When I was at 750whp with D1 Procharger, I could hook in 2nd at least. I'm also a manual car but that shouldn't really matter when going WOT in 2nd and 3rd gear.

I'm thinking I need to go with the 305/45/18 Mickey Thompson ET Street R's which I've heard hooks much better.

So my boost is turned down to about 11psi but would like to run 14psi. All stock motor except OPS and CS.
I think we should have defined what “hook” means in the this thread. Is hooking some spin\squeal and then launching or no spin and launching? Not sure what my rwhp is but on a 70 degree day I absolutely can not launch in drag mode from a dig on city street without some spin. From like 5mph I can. And to be honest launching is so violent from a dig it scares me. Always think I hear something braking, lol.

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
I understand the feeling of a supercharger. These new Mustangs are far more dynamic than any previous model Ford has produced. Why does it seem like everyone is obsessed with straight line performance. From the factory they are very capable handling cars and with some thought out upgrades they are incredible cars to compete with Corvettes, Porsches and BMWs. When you look at them that way, the superchargers past third gear only take these Mustangs to the next level.
20190629_164420.jpg

mustangguy88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT with PP
Vehicle Showcase
Well here goes another aspect of owning a supercharged S550, beyond all the upgrades I have done. Went to the drag strip to support Toys for Tots and do a pass or two. Got to the burnout box everthing went well, then got to the staging lights, one light, two lights, rev up the engine, green light, dump the clutch, what happens next? 800hp, 25psi in the Nitto 555's, and a built drive train, there goes the factory halfshafts. Add a supercharger, upgrade your axles, and save for a better manual transmission if your still with the stock unit, it is only a matter of time. For the mechanical failures I have encountered, each one has led to a better built car. Has the journey been cheap, not at all. Has it been worth it? I don't have a single regret, you can pay a boat load of cash on a new GT500, have a car your nervous to drive in, or for less money in the end have a car to drive and enjoy knowing you built it.
20190629_143510.jpg

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Well here goes another aspect of owning a supercharged S550, beyond all the upgrades I have done. Went to the drag strip to support Toys for Tots and do a pass or two. Got to the burnout box everthing went well, then got to the staging lights, one light, two lights, rev up the engine, green light, dump the clutch, what happens next? 800hp, 25psi in the Nitto 555's, and a built drive train, there goes the factory halfshafts. Add a supercharger, upgrade your axles, and save for a better manual transmission if your still with the stock unit, it is only a matter of time. For the mechanical failures I have encountered, each one has led to a better built car. Has the journey been cheap, not at all. Has it been worth it? I don't have a single regret, you can pay a boat load of cash on a new GT500, have a car your nervous to drive in, or for less money in the end have a car to drive and enjoy knowing you built it.
Yeah, dumping the clutch like that is ill advised.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
FWIW, I waited almost too long to dump the 03 Cobra. It had a 2.3 Whipple and was just a blast to drive even as a DD. Was oh so close to going to an F car - the ZL1s are about 10 grand cheaper than a comparable Shelby, but then this '16 convertible came along with a 2.3 VMS charger already on it for about the same price as a comparable GT. No regrets. It's the way to go. Mustangguy88 has it about right for the needed drivetrain mods if your beating the snot out of it regularly. 550 RWHP or so you may not need all that for a DD. I'll let y'all know after 20,000 miles or so.
Sponsored