Is it just me "Owning a Supercharged Mustang"

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
BMR makes a kit called kill the hop or something for these cars, that kills wheel hop.

I dont have a supercharger but I'd keep it simple. Start with Better tires, and adjustable shocks, and suspension kits.

I know just switching to Bridgestone Pole positions got rid of all the traction issues i had with the garbage pirelli P Zeros my car came with
Sponsored

OP
OP
Western Stang

Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
BMR makes a kit called kill the hop or something for these cars, that kills wheel hop.

I dont have a supercharger but I'd keep it simple. Start with Better tires, and adjustable shocks, and suspension kits.

I know just switching to Bridgestone Pole positions got rid of all the traction issues i had with the garbage pirelli P Zeros my car came with
Thank you .. Im amazed how much tires have changed over the years to make such a difference.. 15 years ago there just hard and soft compound...

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
TehEno

Thanks for that .. looking through the comments so far... It'll be wise move to purchase a better set of tires and IRS set up like this ?
upload_2019-9-9_10-51-48.png
Yeh mate, thats them. They have a full Stop the Hop kit also which adds alot more. Im just going to slowly build up, the bracers are the better purchase for a single bolt on for the rear and tyres of course. But I have new PS4's on the car so no point getting new ones, ill just wait till these go.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have a 2019 with a Roush SC but done the pulley, injectors, pump and rails and I cannot go even past half accelerator without spinning from a launch. I need to get to about 60-70kmh before I can stomp it, and even then it has spun.

I am getting the IRS Bracers put in shortly as this will help alot in keeping the rear planted and when I dissolve the current tyres I will upgrade the wheels and tyres all round.
Are you on the roush tune?

Grom13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT mustang
Part of owning a blown car is figuring out how to get that power to the ground , it can b a costly exercise after the initial cost of the blower , been there and done that and have been smoked by cars that have way less hp just because I couldn’t get the power to the ground and they can . Nothing better than having a 700 hp car that can smash anything that rolls up beside you , because it sorted and can put that power to the ground . But getting smoke by a stock 18 10 A because you just put a blower on your car and haven’t done anything to get that 700hp to the ground can get old real fast , just my 2c worth

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you .. Im amazed how much tires have changed over the years to make such a difference.. 15 years ago there just hard and soft compound...
You’ll still lose traction with good tires. I lost traction yesterday flooring it from 50 on a country road in 60 degree temps with advanced trac off. I fishtailed a little bit with the AT off but it still hooked up and went. Even R rated tires are going to lose traction. It’s a lot of power. Have to still know when and when not to blast it. But with a good setup it will be a lot more manageable and if you want the best traction get the stickiest tires you can depending on what weather conditions you plan to drive in.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Hi all you Mustang enthusiasts.. Just wanted to share an experience i've noticed after installing a SC to my 2017 GT.

Sometimes It feels like I've been given a heap of Christmas presents that i'll never quite get the chance to fully unwrap ...lol.
The extra power is just ... insane but in a good but frustrating way..

Trying to get a fast controllable launch from a stand still is an art in its self.

Trying to accelerate as hard as possible while rolling along a 60km without smoking the tires.. While the car next to me just plants his foot an accelerates away..

Don't get me wrong i absolutely love the SC but ... i'm interested to know if this a shared love/hate relationship with you guys
Time to get a drag radial out back brother. if you want an instant hook with a supercharger where you won't have to worry about blowing the tires out, its really the only option. There are a few setups that are more friendly on the street than others, feel free to hit me up to go over what we can get for you.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
BMR Rear Cradle Lockout Kit, BMR Rear Vertical Links and 305/35/20 Nitto 555R’s on the back and you will be hooking on the street.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yup tires make all the difference. I used to drag race my 02 Procharged GT with 400rwhp a good bit. 7.5 was my fastest in the 8th which is 200 less HP from what I have now. I ran MT slicks but once I ran street Yokohama ES100's and all I did was smoke them all the way down the track. I broke lose in this Procharged GT once early in the morning with 555R's and felt like an idiot and that was at 60. Traction.....gotta have it

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Just know that a drag radial will certainly provide better straight line acceleration grip, but you will sacrifice lateral g's from the softer sidewall. I used to run NT05R's at about 25-26 psi on the street in my '05 GTO and they would hook amazing. However, they weren't that great in corners. I also had a set of the regular NT05's that I ran at 30-32 psi. They wouldn't hook nearly as good as the R's, but they were probably the most predictable tire I've ran on the street when taking corners at the limits.

Sponsored

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
my blower was worth every dollar

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
I'm ON3 top mount twin 61 turbos. Not sure about power, but guessing 900whp. I'm on 305 MT ET Street SS drag radial and cannot hook on the street. Im a manual car with 3.31s. I was 750whp Procharged and I could hook in second, but now I'm breaking loose in 3rd when I hit boost above 5500rpm. I need more traction, but I really don't want to go with the ET Street R because I would need to buy new wheels.

Koni yellow adjustable shocks, BMR handling springs, 305 MT ET Street on 20's, cradle lockouts, vertical links, DSS halfshafts and driveshaft.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm ON3 top mount twin 61 turbos. Not sure about power, but guessing 900whp. I'm on 305 MT ET Street SS drag radial and cannot hook on the street. Im a manual car with 3.31s. I was 750whp Procharged and I could hook in second, but now I'm breaking loose in 3rd when I hit boost above 5500rpm. I need more traction, but I really don't want to go with the ET Street R because I would need to buy new wheels.

Koni yellow adjustable shocks, BMR handling springs, 305 MT ET Street on 20's, cradle lockouts, vertical links, DSS halfshafts and driveshaft.
that's a lot of power. Does anyone actually hook on the street with 900rwhp?

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
Mine makes 800rwhp, I have Mickey ET street SS 305/35/20 and can go 100% throttle from a 5mph roll. Vortech V3JT, 2018 with a 10r80

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine makes 800rwhp, I have Mickey ET street SS 305/35/20 and can go 100% throttle from a 5mph roll. Vortech V3JT, 2018 with a 10r80
Is that on stars?
Sponsored