Sponsored

Is it huge downgrade to trade in my 2020 GT350 for a Stinger?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I hope you are joking.
If not, do the math. $3 vs $5 with a 200mile weekly commute with a 20mpg car comes to $20 per week or $1000 per year if you take two weeks off per year. Obviously things change with a longer commute but you get the picture.
And for the record I live in California and the “total” cost of living is just insane. I’m probably moving upon retirement and the housing market settles down. The move to a state with no income tax will make a huge difference, lower fuel prices is a bonus.

I am joking, it was meant as sarcasm. Also, I work from home..:D

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Jaguar XK-E. Neither Kia nor the Mustang existed. :giggle:
Ira, you must be my age as that is going way back with the E-Type launching only 3 years prior to Mustang!! :giggle:

:like::like:

samuelesm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP, 08 Hyundai Azera, 00 Honda S2000
As I said before the stinger is the same chassis as the Genesis G70. You could go with one of those instead of the stinger. It will help with resale and I think the G70 is a bit more refined.
The G70 is a bit cramped inside, even for its class. The Stinger is a good bit bigger (sized probably inbetween the G70 and 5 series) and more practical with its hatch. The tradeoff is between practicality or a nicer interior, but for me I value the practicality more. The tech inside is essentially the same.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
The one time I did drive a GT350 that is my coworkers...I completely agree with this statement as fact. Compared to my EB, the GT350 just feels like it needs to be moving fast to enjoy. Putting around just feels like a clunky race car. No hard feelings to Shelby owners :p just my opinion.

As for Stinger or GT350, it really depends on what you want (I'm certain someone has already stated this). I'd opt for the Stinger if I was in your shoes unless the GT350 was used as a track car or as 2nd/3rd fun car. Kia/Hyundai have really come a long way from what they used to be, plus their new car warranties are fucking great at 100k/5yrs. If you can find a Stinger, give it a drive first and make sure you want it - test everything you normally use on your GT350 and make a decision. As a daily, I feel like the Stinger would be a better option while still retaining a sporty FR layout. Plus an extra 2 doors and cargo space to boot for when you need it. That's the one thing I miss about my Fiesta ST.
Don't EVER buy a car based on warranties. Warranties are in no way a reflection of the quality of the vehicle or the quality of the service you will receive if you need to use the warranty. Warranties are nothing more than a sales tool created buy the manufacturer to be used by the marketing team.

I'm really glad the OP decided to keep his 350, and I firmly believe between the 2 cars he was considering he made the best choice. KIA's are fine as economical, affordable transportation, but the company has been striving for years to position themselves as a higher end product manufacturer to compete with Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, etc, and they have been consistently falling short of those goals, both in quality and resale value. If you buy a KIA you will absolutely have to use the warranty, and I know from personal experience with my girlfriends car that getting the dealer to honor the warranty or do a decent repair is chore in and of itself.

Grey03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Raptor, 2021 BMW M340i
Don't EVER buy a car based on warranties. Warranties are in no way a reflection of the quality of the vehicle or the quality of the service you will receive if you need to use the warranty. Warranties are nothing more than a sales tool created buy the manufacturer to be used by the marketing team.

I'm really glad the OP decided to keep his 350, and I firmly believe between the 2 cars he was considering he made the best choice. KIA's are fine as economical, affordable transportation, but the company has been striving for years to position themselves as a higher end product manufacturer to compete with Lexus, Infiniti, BMW, etc, and they have been consistently falling short of those goals, both in quality and resale value. If you buy a KIA you will absolutely have to use the warranty, and I know from personal experience with my girlfriends car that getting the dealer to honor the warranty or do a decent repair is chore in and of itself.

THIS! 100% my experience with the Kia Stinger. My wife had one and we had it a couple of years. Before 20k miles it had the transmission, turbo, and alternator replaced. On the alternator the dealer and Kia fought back and forth on who was responsible for the repair. Our car sat at the dealer for nearly a month before it was fixed. That great warranty only gets you remanufactured parts also. In my experience KIA = junk.
Sponsored