Sponsored

Is it huge downgrade to trade in my 2020 GT350 for a Stinger?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
love ya man (no homo) but if long term investment is your metric, then I have a 1989 IROC-Z Camaro to sell ya 😂
I don't think long term that any domestic car built in the 80s will be a better investment than a GT350. Especially not something that such a high quantity were built. 80s cars are too slow and styling wasn't anything great at that time, either.
Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Considering trading my GT350 for a fully loaded Stinger GT2. GT350 is my only daily and I want something more comfortable. Is it bad idea to make this decision? Any long term financial and performance advice? I know that stinger will get me less performance but bit more comfort and comfort is only reason Im considering as daily driver.

Thanks!
—->Keep GT350 for fun outings
—->Buy another comfy car for everything else
—->. See first item, above

Did I mention: keep GT350
Unless you are upgrading to GT500

Over and out

Last edited:

samuelesm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP, 08 Hyundai Azera, 00 Honda S2000
Just overall pleased with the responses in this thread. Was expecting a bunch of ridicule but it looks like there's a lot more maturity in the forums. If this was a Facebook group, there would certainly be a lot of ridicule.

I personally really like the Stinger. While I personally would take the GT350 over the Stinger any day, I'm thinking about having the Stinger as my daily eventually. My current combination is a GT PP and a low mileage older daily sedan.

I think long term, good choice in deciding to keep the GT350. I think keeping the halo car and sacrificing on the daily will keep most car guys happy. I think it helps to make up for the compromises and gives you the best of both worlds. That being said, I understand not everyone is in the situation to own several or more than one car, so it is understandable that sacrifices will have to be made sometimes.

That being said, I do think that having such a special car like the GT350 as a weekend car instead of a daily will help you appreciate it more and not get sick of it. Just hope you're happy with whatever decision you go with!!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just overall pleased with the responses in this thread. Was expecting a bunch of ridicule but it looks like there's a lot more maturity in the forums. If this was a Facebook group, there would certainly be a lot of ridicule.

I personally really like the Stinger. While I personally would take the GT350 over the Stinger any day, I'm thinking about having the Stinger as my daily eventually. My current combination is a GT PP and a low mileage older daily sedan.

I think long term, good choice in deciding to keep the GT350. I think keeping the halo car and sacrificing on the daily will keep most car guys happy. I think it helps to make up for the compromises and gives you the best of both worlds. That being said, I understand not everyone is in the situation to own several or more than one car, so it is understandable that sacrifices will have to be made sometimes.

That being said, I do think that having such a special car like the GT350 as a weekend car instead of a daily will help you appreciate it more and not get sick of it. Just hope you're happy with whatever decision you go with!!
Post #78. Good news....he is keeping the GT350!!

Sponsored

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Just buy a nice Late model crown Vic to drive daily. They are comfy cars.

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Thank you. I don't track the car but couple mountain runs every month. It's really had decision to make. I'm pretty sure the stinger will depreciate harder and I am pretty sure I'm wanting something comfortable because I'm used to the performance of the gt350. Thinking opposite way, if I get the stinger and get used to the comfort, I may want my self back in to the gt350....
The Stinger will depreciate like mad. It's a Kia. The GT350 is appreciating. The Stinger is going to cost a lot of money versus the GT350 unless you are racking up a lot of miles.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Considering trading my GT350 for a fully loaded Stinger GT2. GT350 is my only daily and I want something more comfortable. Is it bad idea to make this decision? Any long term financial and performance advice? I know that stinger will get me less performance but bit more comfort and comfort is only reason Im considering as daily driver.

Thanks!

I think only you can answer this question. Stinger GTs are quick off the line if you build booost and let the AWD pull you out of the hole. That will get old after that. Performance wise there is no way a Stinger GT would satisfy me just for the fact its auto only. I do understand the concept of a better daily driver, I drive a 2020 Ford Escape or my 2015 Ford Focus SE for my daily.

As far as comfort of course a Stinger GT is going to be better for daily driving, the issue is what are you going to do when you want to be a hooligan.

Thats why I miss BMW not making manual trannies anymore for their non M cars. You used to be able to get a nice 3 series all appointed out but with a manual. Now you can't, only 8spd auto.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
To me The gt350 and gt500 are to be enjoyed as a second or third vehicle not as the only one.

Agreed, Im almost like that with my 2020 Mustang. The cost of gas here in Cali is reaching $5 for 91 octane. I almost can't afford driving it everyday.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
buy a whatever other cheap car for daily... honda civic, gti, elantra, who cares... cheap.

and keep both cars.

I love having multiple cars for different occasions/needs.

Sponsored

ShatterPoints

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

As I said before the stinger is the same chassis as the Genesis G70. You could go with one of those instead of the stinger. It will help with resale and I think the G70 is a bit more refined.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Agreed, Im almost like that with my 2020 Mustang. The cost of gas here in Cali is reaching $5 for 91 octane. I almost can't afford driving it everyday.
I hope you are joking.
If not, do the math. $3 vs $5 with a 200mile weekly commute with a 20mpg car comes to $20 per week or $1000 per year if you take two weeks off per year. Obviously things change with a longer commute but you get the picture.
And for the record I live in California and the “total” cost of living is just insane. I’m probably moving upon retirement and the housing market settles down. The move to a state with no income tax will make a huge difference, lower fuel prices is a bonus.

ttillub19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blade
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Ask yourself this; when you were a kid, did you dream of owning a Mustang or a Kia?