Is it huge downgrade to trade in my 2020 GT350 for a Stinger?

ShatterPoints

Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
What are yall thoughts if I can get a fully loaded Stinger GT2 at 46k price tag?(54k msrp) Would that make a difference? Right now I am leaning towards keeping to GT350 tho
I'd keep the GT350, and get a daily of some kind. If you are seriously considering a Stinger, look at the Genesis G70 with the 3.5tt option. Same engine as the stinger, much nicer interior if you are thinking about comfort. Kia is Hyundai's cheap brand...

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
stingers are gettin quick out there...couple of mods and suddenly 400whp.
Isn't that what every factory turbo car owner says :cwl:
Serious question…
Have the newer Hemi’s become more reliable?
we bought an ‘07 5.7 Charger when the wife fell in love with it at a display at a motorcycle race. Ordered it just the way she wanted it.
Around 80K miles our new, very good mechanic told us to sell before we hit 90K due to the engine failures. We care for our cars and chalked the statement up to poor maintenance.…94K and the engine went. After we traded it in I spoke to a friend who’s an engine builder and he told me he could have fixed and rebuilt stronger than ever. He knew of the problem. Lesson learned.
The 6.4 Apache's are very different motors from the earlier 5.7's. It's as much of a leap as going from a 4.6 Modular to a Gen3 Coyote. They both might be Hemi's/Modular's, but they are worlds apart. The one thing I will say is that they don't hold up under boost. more than 6psi is asking for them to blow up. There's also not a lot of NA power to be had without working the bottom end. At factory spec though, they will run all day. The only "safe" power option is to do a forged bottom-end/stroker build. Bulit 426 blocks can go nuts with boost, and larger bore strokers like a 448 can put down 600 wheel, all motor.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Explorer ST
Considering trading my GT350 for a fully loaded Stinger GT2. GT350 is my only daily and I want something more comfortable. Is it bad idea to make this decision? Any long term financial and performance advice? I know that stinger will get me less performance but bit more comfort and comfort is only reason Im considering as daily driver.

Thanks!

Details on the GT350? I'm not far from you

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
I wonder how the Vette can have gobs of trim options while 350 and 500 has very little.
Because the old guys who buy Corvette's care more about interior options than the actual car :giggle:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
Because the old guys who buy Corvette's care more about interior options than the actual car :giggle:
Matching trim to your New Balances is crucial.

PP0001

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 R #157 - 2020 MDX PMC #91
Lol. Y’all gotta roll with the humor man. On a serious note, I’d find a Civic Type R before I ever considered a Kia Stinger.
Owned a 2018 Rallye Red Type R for a year and only sold it because I was transferred some ~2000 miles away and had too many cars to transport to my new home.

Sold it back to the Honda dealership in S.C. a year later with ~8,000 miles on it for pretty much what I bought it for.

No doubt one of the best manual transmissions that I have ever shifted let alone an oustanding total performance package for a 4 door vehicle.

My wife misses it more than me and encourages me to pick up another Type R.

Johnnybee

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I considered the Stinger when I started looking at a new vehicle. The only reason it got dropped off the list was because at the time Canada was only getting the V6, which was a little more than I wanted to spend. I imagine that the practical side of the car is a bonus, with reasonable performance.

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The Stinger initially may be a lot of car for the money but at the end of the day it is still a Kia that is equipped with an 8-speed automatic transmission and provides nothing really special from a performance standpoint compared to a 2nd generation GT350.
Compared to a GT350 there is very little that is special. But that is what OP asked about and that's what the answer was for.

Just as important, how much do you think that your Kia Stinger will be worth from a trade in or private sale after just two years of ownership?
If you are only looking at two year value, then leasing makes a lot more sense. What's a regular Mustang GT worth after two years. Same thing.

PP0001

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 R #157 - 2020 MDX PMC #91
Compared to a GT350 there is very little that is special. But that is what OP asked about and that's what the answer was for.

If you are only looking at two year value, then leasing makes a lot more sense. What's a regular Mustang GT worth after two years. Same thing.
Agreed that the GT350 is a special vehicle and based on the OP's question there is no doubt that it would be a huge downgrade not only in the performance arena but from a long term investment.

With respect to value of a Mustang GT after two years, I have to agree with your assessment but what has that got to do with a Kia Stinger or a GT350?

Advertisement

110 - Moddiction - 1
Advertisement