Is it huge downgrade to trade in my 2020 GT350 for a Stinger?

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
Picky, picky, picky. OK, I fixed it. :facepalm: :cwl:

And OP already said he doesn't want a GT. The world of high performance sedans in the $50k range is small. Now you could go across the other pond but that gets costly, fast.
That's what I'm saying, you want a fast sedan for under $100k? The only answer is Charger :cwl:

For around the same price it's a roomier car with a much better soundtrack. UConnect is also a great infotainment system, very user friendly.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I'm saying, you want a fast sedan for under $100k? The only answer is Charger :cwl:
total rubbish. If you're going to set the price tag that damn high then CT4V-blackwing or it's CT5V brother are in the mix and the Candian car doesn't have a prayer.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
total rubbish. If you're going to set the price tag that damn high then CT4V-blackwing or it's CT5V brother are in the mix and the Candian car doesn't have a prayer.
At that price, the answer is Hellcat. Get out of here, ya jabroni!

OP
OP

rollingshi59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base A10
What are yall thoughts if I can get a fully loaded Stinger GT2 at 46k price tag?(54k msrp) Would that make a difference? Right now I am leaning towards keeping to GT350 tho

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
What are yall thoughts if I can get a fully loaded Stinger GT2 at 46k price tag?(54k msrp) Would that make a difference? Right now I am leaning towards keeping to GT350 tho
I'd try it out before making the switch either way. See if you can't get a weekend test drive, or a rental. Don't drive the 350 at all for the duration. If you don't miss it, and really love the Stinger, do it. If, even for a moment, you have a doubt, it'll bite you in the long run. There's a ton of comfortable, practical sedans on the market with decent power and handling. There's only one GT350.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I have both cars. First - the Stinger build quality and reliability have killed the Ford. The stinger just runs, and runs well. Its a pleasure to drive but not nearly lag free. Stinger mileage is also pretty poor so dont really expect much savings at spirited driving. The Kia dealer is great to deal with, in and out, no issues, warranty and recalls were handled well. Car has not needed anything except maint and a couple minor recalls for airbag etc. All of my Fords, 2016+ have had several extended dealer stays. To me this matters. My GT350 has spent 9+ months sitting at dealers, probably more. My 2018 F150 has spent 2+months and it has under 20k miles. I dont consider the Kia fast. its peppy, but its the AWD that makes it feel quick. I really do like both cars but I dont know what I would pick because they are just so dissimilar. If it was my only car - knowing what I know know with 40+k miles of combined ownership of both - the Kia wins. I cannot recommend the gt350 to anyone as their primary DD.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
OP should just stay in the Mustang family and get a Mach E and call it a day... :ninja:

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350
Serious thought…
Buy a cheap sedan for your daily. No shame in driving a cheap sedan for your commute.
I drive an ‘07 Diesel Ram daily for work. Bought it new in ‘08 and it only has 97K miles. I may or may not keep it when I officially retire.
The GT350 was bought for a retirement/fun sports car and it has been great for that.
If for some reason I decided to take on a job and commuted, I’d either buy a cheap sedan or drive the truck.
I think you’ll really miss your GT350 for the weekends and occasional run during the week to decompress.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MDX Type S-2021 Civic Type R LE Chassis #126
The Stinger has the twin turbo 368HP engine. it’s a lot of car for the money.

https://www.kia.com/us/en/stinger/b...e+Pearl&interior=Black+Nappa+Leather&trim=GT2
The Stinger initially may be a lot of car for the money but at the end of the day it is still a Kia that is equipped with an 8-speed automatic transmission and provides nothing really special from a performance standpoint compared to a 2nd generation GT350.

Just as important, how much do you think that your Kia Stinger will be worth from a trade in or private sale after just two years of ownership?

Intially, I agree that a purchase of a 2022 Kia Stinger may look very attractive but after a very short period of time the financial impact will be dramatic compared to the ownership of a 2nd generation GT350/R.

Each to their own but after many years of owning HP sedans and coupes I personally would not touch a Stinger let alone any other Kia model for that matter.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
stingers are gettin quick out there...couple of mods and suddenly 400whp.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350

For around the same price it's a roomier car with a much better soundtrack. UConnect is also a great infotainment system, very user friendly.
Serious question…
Have the newer Hemi’s become more reliable?
we bought an ‘07 5.7 Charger when the wife fell in love with it at a display at a motorcycle race. Ordered it just the way she wanted it.
Around 80K miles our new, very good mechanic told us to sell before we hit 90K due to the engine failures. We care for our cars and chalked the statement up to poor maintenance.…94K and the engine went. After we traded it in I spoke to a friend who’s an engine builder and he told me he could have fixed and rebuilt stronger than ever. He knew of the problem. Lesson learned.

ShatterPoints

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

199 - Racer X Fabrication