Sponsored

Is Carvana trying to corner the market on 18-19 Mustangs?

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
There is like 40 plus 18 up Gt mustangs on Ebay right now. Lol.
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
There is like 40 plus 18 up Gt mustangs on Ebay right now. Lol.
Your title says carvana and then your talking point says ebay. I guess there is suppose to be something Im suppose to reading into this but I need it explained I guess. What are you trying to say?

OP
OP
IrishStallion

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Your title says carvana and then your talking point says ebay. I guess there is suppose to be something Im suppose to reading into this but I need it explained I guess. What are you trying to say?
Go look... 40 plus Carvana listings on mustangs. Just curious why they have so much inventory...?

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Go look... 40 plus Carvana listings on mustangs. Just curious why they have so much inventory...?
OK sorry I was just a bit confused . but you said 40 plus on ebay in your comment not carvana. I guess you meant the title as the conversation. I wouldnt say 40 mustangs is cornering the market though :) considering they sell 160k to 72k of them a year in the US.
Screenshot_17.jpg

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
I assuming that we’re gonna see a drop in Mustang values from Carvana....they were being really aggressive on them. Hopefully I timed it right...it’ll be like the first time in my life...lol

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I don't get it either.....

OP
OP
IrishStallion

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Carvana uses eBay as a classified listing service, so you can see Carvana listings on eBay.
No shit. But, they have a ton of them. Carvana listings...

Sorry this confusing...

Sponsored

Ian94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Magnetic Metallic
Have you checked to see what Carvana would pay for your car? I checked about three weeks ago and it was like $2k over what I paid for the car brand new a year ago. It was tempting to sell it to them but decided to keep it. I’ve put 4200 miles on it (12,200 miles on it now) and I checked again Monday on the price and it’s right at what I paid for the car now. all that to say perhaps they were buying up mustang inventory hoping to cash in big time with used car prices way up only to realize they won’t make that much on them and now they’re try to get their money back out of the ones they overpaid for.....just my $.02

-Ian

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Carvana is funded by venture capitalists and has never made money. They're trying to corner certain markets to fix that. It might play out for them but the inflated buying prices they offer won't.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
it's only certain geographic regions though which doesn't make sense. I mean, cars are trivially transportable after all... The Carvana quote for my EB was KBB. AutodealersGo is paying a decent premium though. The dealer who "wants" my trade isn't willing to pay KBB let alone a premium.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The used car inventory is drying up. COVID19 has squashed a lot of driving/transportation due to people staying home, being let go from their jobs and Big Corps having people work from home.

Car Rental Agencies are not turning over their inventory due to the same. This all means the dealer trade ins as well as car auctions are drying up.

Carvana, CarMax, Autolenders, etc - they’re now paying more for a used car by competing with Big Box Dealerships to keep their inventory stocked. The Dealerships aren’t willing to pay same values that places like Carvana are willing to pay. Some Dealerships may get close to a Carvana offer to make the deal happen, but not all.

With world wide used car inventories being low, people who need or want to buy a used car seem to be willing to pay top dollar when they can’t (or don’t want to) spend nearly $50k+ for a decent new vehicle that has a nice option package.

Let’s face it, some of the new car and truck prices are getting crazy... who wants to finance a new car for 72-84-96 months (or in some instances longer term)?

More power to Carvana for stocking their inventories - most people gave them a bad rap and said their business model would not work; it’s working and I’ve seen nothing but positive reviews from many on this site alone.
Sponsored