Sponsored

Is anyone else in northern climates just getting their S550 out of hibernation? How does it feel?

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
Just got back to NH from a week in Jamaica (the country, not Jamaica, NY). Chilly, but dry on landing. Woke up this morning with 2" of fresh powder. It's like ground hog day. Another week of storage.

Not Jamaica VT either! Don't forget that one.

Mine comes out of storage a week from tomorrow!
Sponsored

Donm308

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Convertible
Think I got three or four 30 mile drives in on some mild, clean road days since November but she’s coming out Thursday for the season.
Even on days I won’t drive her I can wait to at least admire her while getting into my daily.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Wisconsin here.. it's been up and down in temps for the month of March which is typical. Even hit 60 degrees a few weeks ago. I've learned to wait until April before bringing her out of hibernation as we tend to get low temps and snow in march which keeps the salt around. Right now we've had 2 steady days of rain to wash away the salt so hoping the city puts those trucks away. I don't have all season tires, so the temps are a concern with the 40 degree rated MPSS's
My normal season is April 1st - Nov 1st, so 7 months of decent driving.
As several guys have mentioned there is something just so magical about getting her out in the spring; it's like driving mine for the first time again...
I don't stress about the rain anymore since I took my shelby to TN last summer for an organized rally through the Tail of the Dragon, Devils Triangle and Cherohala Skyway. Rained on and off through the whole event and it was a rugged, challenging drive. My stang was filthy when it was over and I even came away with a few rock chips (the group calls them "souvenirs") but what a glorious experience. I discovered afterwards that she cleans up just fine when it was all said and done, so i've really relaxed quite a bit since that experience. Headed to KY for another rally in April. Life on this earth is short, enjoy the drive!
3368635.jpg

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I have been hoping week by week I'll be able to get it out but then we keep getting hit with more wet and slop here on Lake Superior in the middle of MN. Really disappointed especially because I was only able to enjoy the car a few times before parking as I did not get it till November 4th.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I have been hoping week by week I'll be able to get it out but then we keep getting hit with more wet and slop here on Lake Superior in the middle of MN. Really disappointed especially because I was only able to enjoy the car a few times before parking as I did not get it till November 4th.
same here, raining a lot and roads are all still sandy from winter on the Side roads. Put 60 miles last week but only have 4XX miles on my 2021.

charlied

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Limited
Got the fp street handling pack installed. Now it just needs to get warmer so I can go play.

20220406_083259.jpg

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Snowing outside my window as I type...
We just got another 10cm of snow with 70km/h winds in the Red River Valley here in Manitoba. And now a revised flood forecast for the worst, and another monster Colorado low forecasted next week. Hopefully it's just rain.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
same here, raining a lot and roads are all still sandy from winter on the Side roads. Put 60 miles last week but only have 4XX miles on my 2021.
Yup, I ended up getting 520 on my 21 Mach 1, however, it was just literally driving to work a handful of times just to try and get some miles on it for break-in. Still need a few more break-in miles before I let her rip. Super excited to get to drive it though and really looking forward to it. Going to really make me appreciate this thing that much more and then this also being my first Mustang. Wanted one forever and got exactly what I wanted and more!

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
Put the insurance back on today, hopefully I will be able to bring it home on Sunday.

IM Stoner II

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Convertible Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Drove it twice this week after the new tune from brenspeed for the new 2019 intake manifold....runs great...likes the cold air....getting used to the new short shifter....

20220325_161920_1.jpg

20220226_183027-1.jpg

Marsalad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mazda MX-5
Drove it twice this week after the new tune from brenspeed for the new 2019 intake manifold....runs great...likes the cold air....getting used to the new short shifter....

20220325_161920_1.jpg

20220226_183027-1.jpg
The spare mag goes in the weird drawer next to the trunk release.
I thought everybody knew that.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase