• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Is anyone else disappointed with the GT Performance Pack??

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
I had a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE, the "1LE" being the track pack. My Camaro's front tires were wider than anything on the GT PP!... Plus they are forged wheels!

I won't cancel my order, but I feel like what you get with the PP is kind of weak.

S650 Mustang Is anyone else disappointed with the GT Performance Pack?? 1686057961129
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
You left out the fact that the Camaro's performance pack costs you $2000 more at $7000. The GT Performance Pack has basically provided the same upgrades since 2015, now with larger brakes.

Last edited:
OP
OP

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
yes it is 2 grand more... but add in all that's missing from the mustang PP and its gonna be a lot more than 2 grand. The forged wheels & tires are gonna be more than 2k alone lol

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
It is what it is.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
yes it is 2 grand more... but add in all that's missing from the mustang PP and its gonna be a lot more than 2 grand. The forged wheels & tires are gonna be more than 2k alone lol
To be fair it also comes with active exhaust, HUD, magneride, recaros, and their version of the nite pony. Seems like a great deal to me. Shame Ford can't even come close to matching that.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
They do offer a better overall bargain, but I guess they had to throw the house at it since they sold about half as many camaros as mustangs in 2022

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Atlas Blue GT
I had a 2017 Camaro SS 1LE, the "1LE" being the track pack. My Camaro's front tires were wider than anything on the GT PP!... Plus they are forged wheels!

I won't cancel my order, but I feel like what you get with the PP is kind of weak.

1686057961129.png
AGREED! Having had 2 SS 1LE, Ford is a joke on the PP.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350

Maybe this is the obvious question but....why not just order a '23 1LE? Will run you about 48K for the 1SS trim and a manual. It's no secret (on here and M6G) a 1SS 1LE is the best bang for your buck in this segment...by far. Hell it will still probably be a driver's race from the DH HP at nearly $20K more.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
It's hard to beat GM's offering when it comes to performance. The problem is everyday practicality of design. The visibility and interior ergonomics are inferior for the Camaro. That said, I'll still take an S550 PP over a 6G Camaro 1LE. But, I'll take a 6G Camaro 1LE (specially a 2SS) over ANY S650.

I hope GM offers a 6G Z28, I'm just waiting on an announcement, and I'll place an order.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Try: ELECTRIC Recaros. Not some manual crap.
I don't really mind the manuals, but some heated/cooled recaros would be awesome

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe this is the obvious question but....why not just order a '23 1LE? Will run you about 48K for the 1SS trim and a manual. It's no secret (on here and M6G) a 1SS 1LE is the best bang for your buck in this segment...by far. Hell it will still probably be a driver's race from the DH HP at nearly $20K more.
I personally never really fell for the Camero. Yeah it's a amazing performance machine but looks wise it never did anything for me. I also think Chevy's interior design always looked kinda toyish.

Mustangs have always been a much more appealing car imo.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I personally never really fell for the Camero. Yeah it's a amazing performance machine but looks wise it never did anything for me. I also think Chevy's interior design always looked kinda toyish.

Mustangs have always been a much more appealing car imo.
All valid. I assumed that was it, but was curious to hear.

OP
OP

sir5574

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Because I don't like the new front end & they really haven't updated the interior. Plus, I wanted to try out something new. I'm not brand/model loyal. I buy whatever I "like the most" at the time of purchase.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
All valid. I assumed that was it, but was curious to hear.
Don't get me wrong tho, if I had the money I would absolutely love to own a zl1 Camaro and a DH
Sponsored