Sponsored

Is anybody at least thinking about the next gen Camaro?

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I know this sounds like heresy on this forum, but I'm very interested to see what Chevy's done with the Alpha Camaro.

There's camo covered '16 Camaros on the road already, so I don't think it will be too long before we see it and know more about it.

I've owned all Ford cars, and I know this sounds like heresy on a forum like this, but I'm also someone who weighs my options carefully. And I'm not in a particular hurry to dump my 07, so I can wait a bit.

Is there anyone here who's at least a little bit interested in seeing what GM has to offer? (And yes, I'm excluding Dodge from the equation as I can't stand Chrysler products).

***Puts flame suit on.......
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm looking forward to the Camaro. Mustangs are my favourite pony car and the Camaro would have to be very good to sway me.

I guess I'm probably more interested in it because it's part of the competition and Ford will be eyeing it closely, so it gives good clues to what might be in store for the '18MY refresh for the Mustang (DI/more power/10-speed auto etc).

:)

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
While I have ordered, I can always back out. Styling wise, I like both the Mustang and Camaro equally, just each I like for different reasons. While I am more of a Mustang guy, I would have to consider the Camaro for it's larger engine as long as everything else dramatically improved. If performance and efficiency matched the mustangs and I liked the styling, I would have to consider it. I can't say I would definitely choose the Camaro but I will say it wouldn't matter to me if the Camaro crushed the mustang in stats if it still gets shitty mpg's. That said even if mpg's were improved and the Camaro won this round of the wars, i would still have a hard time picking the Camaro over the Mustang. As like I said I'm more of a Mustang guy than a Camaro guy but I always leave options open normally as I hardly ever say never in a situation.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Nope. I would never own a new Camaro. Now a 67-69, yep, I would for sure. The new ones are ugly and have a horrible interior. Who knows what the '16 interior will look like but I am a Mustang lover through and through.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really not. There are choice bits about it (that are largely a product of my own guesswork as we haven't heard jack about it) that could be interesting to me. They'd have to fix the styling. I've always thought of Camaros as being blunt fast food compared to the Mustang, from any generation. They have a bit of "oooh" factor to them, but it's nothing that lasts or grows on me. The latest Zeta platform is way too try-hard for my tastes.

I'd be interested in it if the weight is in check, if it has cool useable features like no-lift shifting and rev-matched automated throttle control. I also have a thing for the LS/LT exhaust notes, especially their overrun and lift-off noises... it's this appealing gurgle that I don't hear in many engines.

I just don't like the image, and I hate that I'm using that as a reason because I'd like to be objective about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I think the current generation styling is definitely interesting, but it does seem a bit overwrought.

But the main turn-offs for me are the cheap, video game interior and the performance gap with the Mustang due to the heavier weight.

If the new one is a bit more sleek, a bit lighter on its feet, and has a better interior, I don't see why I should dismiss it.

I'd also be interested to see what automatic transmission is offered (i.e. 6-speed auto in the Mustang vs maybe 8 speed for the new Camaro?)

I do prefer Ford, though, so it would have to nail a few criteria to sway me, but I'm interested to see how they do, and the LT1 is tempting as an engine choice.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I've been burn by GM and Chevy... they're not getting another dollar of mine.
Absolutely horrible customer service and dealership experience. Buying a 2010 Chevy Equinox for my wife was the worst decision I have ever made in my life. Now she has a 2012 Ford Edge and is a happy camper. I am not repeating that BS ever again.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I've been burn by GM and Chevy... they're not getting another dollar of mine.
Absolutely horrible customer service and dealership experience. Buying a 2010 Chevy Equinox for my wife was the worst decision I have ever made in my life. Now she has a 2012 Ford Edge and is a happy camper. I am not repeating that BS ever again.
I bought my wife a 2012 Edge SEL/AWD and she loves it to and keeps asking when the 2015 will be here because she wants the 2.7L V6 Ecoboost lol.

My whole gripe with Chevy is just go part together a car. It just seems so overpriced. I mean seriously for front only six piston 15.4 in brakes are a $4500!!!????? That's more than the GT PP. I can't stand gouging and Chevrolet does it on every vehicle. Hell a loaded Tahoe is Damn near 70k......for a Tahoe.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Nope. I would never own a new Camaro. Now a 67-69, yep, I would for sure. The new ones are ugly and have a horrible interior. Who knows what the '16 interior will look like but I am a Mustang lover through and through.

+1. I'd love to own a '68 SS/RS black/black/black with hideaway headlights. Not to say I'm going to choose not to like the new Camaro, but no matter how good it is I'll never own one. I do appreciate GM doing their best to make an aggressive competitor to the Mustang as that makes our cars that much better.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Meh...it would have to be insane inside and out to make me go that route. Plus, I'd have to wait even longer for a specialty model. I'm giddy enough waiting for the GT350...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

mustangletback

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 droptop mustang
when the new CRAPMARO comes out from Garbage Motors,the mustang will destroy it.

Swamp Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep Liberty
I have no interest in owning or driving a current era GM vehicle. I just don't trust GM.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wasn't but the way things are going it'll be out before the '15 Mustang so yes..

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Was never much of a Camaro fan, and never loved the current Camaro (always seemed to be a bit of a caricature of a car). However, the refresh with the new tail lights is much better looking IMO, and the 1LE seems to be a great bang-for-the-buck track car that you can also take on the street. The LS3 is also a great engine, but I definitely prefer the RoadRunner and even the standard Coyote due to the slightly higher revs and more linear power up top.

The new Camaro will be very interesting because I'm sure it will get a very slightly detuned version of the LT1 for the SS trim. I also expect a 1LE track pack to be available early-on in the lifecycle. If the car manages to lose weight and improve the interior, I think it will be very tough competition for the S500. My guess is that it will be 450 HP and 3800 lbs. A little heavier than the Mustang, but with a bit more power and it will have a much better low-end.

I think GM will fix up the interior (the C7 is fantastic IMO), but I'm less sure about the exterior.

I would definitely be interested, but I prefer the S550 overall. It will be interesting to see what the GT350 is like and whether the Camaro has it's 1LE equivalent package available by then. If so, those would be the two cars I'd likely compare.

-T
Sponsored