Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Highlander DD, 2019 GT350
Pictures man!
Im taking her out tonight after a rainy day yesterday. Supposed to be sunny and 65F today so I will post some pictures in the sun. Shade doesnt show off her beauty.
Sponsored

Thor 142

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Relax brother. Its got a warranty. I track my car all the time and I'd buy it from myself for what I paid for it right now lol. Its awesome on the track and I've done literally nothing to the car but put non OEM rubber on it. I did have an issue with the flywheel coming loose and grenadine the clutch and bell housing but Ford covered it 100%. The people here that track theirs and mention how much more mechanical attention is paid to the cars than a garage queen/ show car are right. No one wants to be towed off track due to a lack of maintenance failure.
My advice? Join a HPDE club. Get some instruction and track the hell out of it. You'll never ever know what a fantastic job the engineers did on this car driving it on the street. That is just a fact.
Congrats on your purchase!

BryanCO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 2007 GT3
Looks like the states I drove through only required bill of sale and insurance so I drove plateless.

A few cops passed me and I thought for sure I was going to get pulled over, but nothing.

I watched inside a restaurant where a couple sheriffs were looking at the car and chatting for a few minutes.

So the car was even more beautiful in person. The owner was yelling at the inspector for revving it too much while the oil was too cool.

Seeing my dads face when the car hit 7k was priceless. Glad I was able to buy the car and drive it over this house for his birthday.
Congratulations! Enjoy the car and have fun!

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations, we all were glad to go on the ride of your thoughts and choice of the GT350 . Each drive is special . New events and great people youā€™ll meet because of it.

OP
OP
Rb1987

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Here she is everyone...first thing im doing when she is back home is lifting the car up. Im tired already of avoiding a place because of how curbed up the parking lot is and not wanting to bottom out the splitter. There are titanium plates along the bottom of the splitter but those only help so much.

20230206_125619_HDR.jpg

20230206_125604_HDR.jpg

20230206_125558_HDR.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rb1987

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations, we all were glad to go on the ride of your thoughts and choice of the GT350 . Each drive is special . New events and great people youā€™ll meet because of it.
Indeed. At breakfast this morning some guy complimented the ride and then went on about his and has brothers mustangs. Nice kid. Apologized for taking pictures of it while I was inside. People are friendly down south.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
she looks really nice. Glad you are happy. It gets better with each drive and building confidence in the unbelievable capabilities of this machine

first thing im doing when she is back home is lifting the car up
Not sure what you mean here. Are you going to try and change the front suspension to raise the height? I would not mess with any of that geometry or you will regret it. Just buy splitters as they wear out. They are relatively cheap
Approaching all higher curbs, driveways at an angle makes a huge difference.

OP
OP
Rb1987

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
she looks really nice. Glad you are happy. It gets better with each drive and building confidence in the unbelievable capabilities of this machine

Not sure what you mean here. Are you going to try and change the front suspension to raise the height? I would not mess with any of that geometry or you will regret it. Just buy splitters as they wear out. They are relatively cheap
Yeah im still cautious. This is definitely not the spins out at the drag strip and takes out audience members mustang that people poke fun of. Im sure it can get sideways. Ill ease into finding out at what point that is.

It seems the front was lowered already. The car is on 30s and I cannot see 40s going in. I read posts where people go 40s and even 45s with winter tires so thats why im thinking its lowered already. What I meant was take it back up to stock levels

I have to admit it looks menacing that low.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Ah, ok. Didnā€™t see anywhere earlier where it had been lowered on a performance spring.

OP
OP
Rb1987

Rb1987

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Ah, ok. Didnā€™t see anywhere earlier where it had been lowered on a performance spring.
Yeah this thread is long drawn out. Its on ford performance springs and sways. I got all the stock springs and sways.

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
you might be happy just running 35 series tires on it, that's oem spec for non R cars... but as others have said, the front splitter isn't that pricey so scrape it up and throw $300 at it to be new again haha.

lowering w/ 30's is the way for track use, lots more options in 305/30/19 sizing for tires.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Very nice OP. You will love it. The FP springs are really nice (I am bias though).

Agree on the just be careful where you can and know you might need to replace a splitter. I kept my splitter pristine, then when loading onto a uhaul to go to a track day, I hooked the splitter on the huge rolled metal grips on the ramp. It gouged the crap out of mine. So now I don't stress about scraping.

Enjoy your new ride! And let us know how your dad likes driving it, you know, for his birthday and all.

Thor 142

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Here she is everyone...first thing im doing when she is back home is lifting the car up. Im tired already of avoiding a place because of how curbed up the parking lot is and not wanting to bottom out the splitter. There are titanium plates along the bottom of the splitter but those only help so much.

20230206_125619_HDR.jpg

20230206_125604_HDR.jpg

20230206_125558_HDR.jpg
Its gorgeous. Get it to a track and really find out what an incredible machine it is. Keep the 30's on it for track day. Go with GY supercar 3 or 3RsšŸ˜œ

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
As far as scraping the splitter you will learn quickly if you haven't already to take most inclines at an angle.
Sponsored