Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
My detailer explained ceramic the same way. A little extra protection yes, but for the big stuff you need PPF.
The ideal way to go is PPF and then ceramic coat for shine and hydro repellent easier maintenance 👩‍🔧
Sponsored

Takeshi

Threads
Reaction score
United States : Cali land of the $1 Gas Tax
First Name
Alias: Takeshi
Vehicle(s)
2019 Liquid Shadow 401A PP1 MagneRide Borla ATAK
The is it worth it question really is subjective. I'm about to spend almost 4k on a ppf+ceramic job on my GT premium just because to ME it's worth it to protect the pain.
No, this is about preserving something you care about, that's all.
Agreed, it's where your opinions on values, wants, and is it worth it are.

The Shine and Peace of mind worth every Penny of my 4k Spent in the Bay Area for Full Front PPF + Graphene Ceramic Coating.

20210208_113633(1).jpg

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
I'll check here as well vs my thread - I found much better pricing for PPF etc. at another provider in my area (~$3550 vs $7000 for same services). They use Kavaca film vs Xpel. Anybody familiar with it? Info online says it's ceramic coated, self-healing without heat, guaranteed for 12 years, but I haven't found any first-hand info.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I'll check here as well vs my thread - I found much better pricing for PPF etc. at another provider in my area (~$3550 vs $7000 for same services). They use Kavaca film vs Xpel. Anybody familiar with it? Info online says it's ceramic coated, self-healing without heat, guaranteed for 12 years, but I haven't found any first-hand info.
Never heard of them before your post but a quick search found plenty. They are part of the company that owns Ceramic Pro. That in itself is enough to give them a serious look.

Keep in mind that the cost of the film material doesn’t differ that much from brand to brand. That huge difference in price could be in the quality of the prep work. Shop the installer, not the film brand.

https://ceramicpro.com/kavaca/

Last edited:

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
Never heard of them before your post but a quick search found plenty. They are part of the company that owns Ceramic Pro. That in itself is enough to give them a serious look.

https://ceramicpro.com/kavaca/
Agree - what I found online did nothing to imply that I should be worried. Rather, given the parent company, it's got me intrigued and certainly the better pricing is attractive.

Sponsored

brownisland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mini Cooper JCW, 2020 Ford Shelby GT350
Dropping this here for future reference and cost comparison
I'm getting my PPF + Ceramic + window tint done in San Jose, CA area
Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF Full front package: $2200
Ceramic Clear coat w/Ceramic Pro (5 yr warranty): $1050
Window Tints w/Xpel Prime XR Plus: $560

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
it depends if you want rock chips especially on dark color paint - the GT350 and GT350R tires are very sticky when they are at temperature....

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
FWIW, I've only been driving my new GT350 for about 2 weeks now, 650 miles. Being Shadow Black, every imperfection, dust, etc., shows on it. I'm already seeing some tiny(pinhead size) rock chips on the bumper and hood. I'm scheduled for my PPF and ceramic coat in 1 week, and It cannot come soon enough. I'm not worried about cost. After seeing how quickly chips show up on this car, the cost for PPF is more than worth it.

1981Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 ‘16 Hellcat ‘18 Demon ‘80 CJ7 ‘81 CJ8 ‘83 CJ7 Laredo
I’m gonna be the fly in the punch bowl and disagree...

...6 grand buys A LOT of waxes, polishes and rags :wink:

in the interest of full disclosure, my car has ceramic coating from the previous owner. That said, I have been to half a dozen meets and see zero difference between a car with or without it.
i’ll agree.
In 2018 I lucked into a demon at msrp. Paid about 5500 for full ppf. The main reason was the car has the full 3 panel satin graphics package. You can’t touch up that paint if you get a chip. In 2019 I picked up a gt350, ( way more fun to drive) . An investment club buddy challenged me to not ppf the Shelby and just enjoy it and invest the 5500-6000. Ended up investing in a car company and made more than the Shelby is worth. I DO have about 8-10 small chips ( less than 1mm) on each rear quarter panel in front of the wheel wells. It’s hard to notice with the FPB paint.

Sometimes things come down to chance. I only have about 1900 miles on the demon and have two 3mm rock chips on front bumper that went through the ppf. Everything else is perfect thanks to the ppf. I have 2500 miles on the gt350 and the whole front is as it was in showroom floor without any ppf. I do drive the gt350 on mountain roads in winter when roads are dry.

SmokinAces

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I'm already seeing some tiny(pinhead size) rock chips on the bumper and hood.
i must admit that I contemplated going without a wrap for a moment. While I believe I lost some (wrap) money on my 2019 trade in. The protection kept that car looking great. That in itself probably helped to keep trade in value higher as far as appearances was concerned. There’s a lot of construction in my area and in the 200 miles I’ve driven it , have picked up a few dings already. While washing and waxing my car, started to wonder what will I do if I take a hit on the vinyl stripes. Knowing me, I’d have to replace it. For me that will get expensive. But it won’t stop there as the potential for dings to happen every time I head out is there. It brought and will bring me relief to know that wrapping my baby can greatly reduce debris damage. I’m all about protecting my investment. Investment in the way of any high dollar item I purchase. Hell I wrapped my motorcycle. I hammer my vehicles but I take good care of them. When looking for a car, in the top 5 selling features is always wrap/ceramic coating. Even ceramic coating on wheels. So I truly believe you don’t lose all of your initial expenditure. I’m scheduled late next month to get PPF. My installer is busy as many around my area. Somehow my installer is also very familiar with GT350’s. Wonder how that happened.

Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I live in LI, NY, and rocks and debris all over road. The bumber on my 2016 F150 is peppered with little chips, but being silver, hardly noticeable. I could not stand to see similar damage on my black GT350.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Got my car back today from Detailing Dynamics. They did it all in 2 days. I had Xpel PPF on the entire front, A-pillars, roof line, rocker panels, and the sharkfin fenders. Ceramic coated the whole car and wheels, including the brake calibers. They replaced a piece of my vinyl strip on the front bumper. Added the "Shelby" lettering to the splitter. And installed SliPLo under the splitter.
Price came to $5500, several hundreds less than what I was originally quoted. I feel much more relaxed driving it now, hearing all the rocks and pebbles hitting the car, knowing I'm protected. And yes, to me it was worth the price.

20210323_155535.jpg

20210323_155550.jpg

20210323_155608.jpg

20210323_155631.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Got my car back today from Detailing Dynamics. They did it all in 2 days. I had Xpel PPF on the entire front, A-pillars, roof line, rocker panels, and the sharkfin fenders. Ceramic coated the whole car and wheels, including the brake calibers. They replaced a piece of my vinyl strip on the front bumper. Added the "Shelby" lettering to the splitter. And installed SliPLo under the splitter.
Price came to $5500, several hundreds less than what I was originally quoted. I feel much more relaxed driving it now, hearing all the rocks and pebbles hitting the car, knowing I'm protected. And yes, to me it was worth the price.

20210323_155535.jpg

20210323_155550.jpg

20210323_155608.jpg

20210323_155631.jpg
Car looks fantastic Bob. Now you can answer the original question.......YES!

Drafty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350R
Front end (incl. headlights/r.v. mirrors) was covered w/ 10mm Xpel when I bought the car and drove her up from Socal to the Bay Area. Paid $1600.

Doing alot of freeway driving and recently saw new rock chips on the front roof and rear quarter panel and realized it's only gonna get worse.

Now doing paint correction, 10mm Xpel and ceramic coating on the rest of the entire car for $4500. Includes yearly maintenance by the detail shop under warranty period (5 years). Like some others have said, peace of mind and convenience.
Sponsored