Sponsored

IS $5500 PPF worth it GT350 ????

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Just did a track day and clipped a cone at high speed. Small scrape on the bumper of my brand new 2020. With the PPF I'm confident it will heal. Even if it doesn't 100%, I know my paintwork underneath is still perfect. SO worth it
Dealership nicked the surface of the clear bra, and they've already paid out. That would have been a bumper repaint if I didn't have it on there. Would have been doubly screwed because the OEM stripes seem to be on a perpetual backorder with no date of resupply.
Sponsored

corrieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2021 Alpine A110
Dealership nicked the surface of the clear bra, and they've already paid out. That would have been a bumper repaint if I didn't have it on there. Would have been doubly screwed because the OEM stripes seem to be on a perpetual backorder with no date of resupply.
I hear that. Protecting my Guardsman stripes is every bit as valuable as the paint

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I hear that. Protecting my Guardsman stripes is every bit as valuable as the paint
Don't forget, while we are protecting our paint and stripes with the clear bra, the clear bra may end up taking the stripes with it when it comes time to replace it. Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I went in knowing it will always be a possibility so that it won't surprise me when it does happen(which it did on my roof, which is why it's now blacked out instead of having stripes on the roof).

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Don't forget, while we are protecting our paint and stripes with the clear bra, the clear bra may end up taking the stripes with it when it comes time to replace it. Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

I went in knowing it will always be a possibility so that it won't surprise me when it does happen(which it did on my roof, which is why it's now blacked out instead of having stripes on the roof).
i have accepted the fact and hoping that i would not have the urge to change anytime soon :crying:

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Gave my car today for the PPF and ceramic fingers crossed 😋
So what did you decide for the PPF, as far as the stripes go? Cover the stripes, put them over the PPF, or have the PPF go up to the edges of the stripes?

And of course, we'll want to see close up pics of the work when done.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
So what did you decide for the PPF, as far as the stripes go? Cover the stripes, put them over the PPF, or have the PPF go up to the edges of the stripes?

And of course, we'll want to see close up pics of the work when done.
I decided to go over the stripes as this is the color of stripes I want to keep and yes ill have pics by Thursday as the car is in the shop

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
I own a detail shop in indy. My 350 has ppf on the full front, a pillars and a strip on the roof. I never cared for it before but definitely see the good of it with all the track cars I do. This summer I'll probably redo mine....there's a few spots I don't like. It had it on when I got the car last year.
I hate partial panels and panels where they just stick it on the outer portion and leave about 1/8 in or so from the edges. Looks very tacky to me. It should go beyond the edges and attach to the underside of the panel...fenders, hood, bumpers, etc.
As far as ceramic goes...im not sold on it yet. I honestly don't think it has the same protection capabilities as a proper, quality wax job.

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
I own a detail shop in indy. My 350 has ppf on the full front, a pillars and a strip on the roof. I never cared for it before but definitely see the good of it with all the track cars I do. This summer I'll probably redo mine....there's a few spots I don't like. It had it on when I got the car last year.
I hate partial panels and panels where they just stick it on the outer portion and leave about 1/8 in or so from the edges. Looks very tacky to me. It should go beyond the edges and attach to the underside of the panel...fenders, hood, bumpers, etc.
As far as ceramic goes...im not sold on it yet. I honestly don't think it has the same protection capabilities as a proper, quality wax job.
Thanks bro , I’ll keep that mind
I do get my car tomorrow
I’ll post pics

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I understand that part of the love for ceramics is that it makes keeping the car clean much easier. I was also though the the hardness of the coating made for a greater level of protection. You’re saying otherwise. Can you please elucidate on this?

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
No way in hell is it worth $5,500.00 to PPF a Shelby. This isn't a million dollar supercar its a Mustang. Just wash and keep it waxed, enjoy it.

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I choose to look at PPF like having car insurance. You pay thousands of dollars over many years of having it, and may never use it. But, the one time you have to use it, you'll be gad you had it.
If it gives you peace of mind, it's worth it.
You hit the nail on the head. The peace of mind I have is so worth it.

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
BTW I get my car tomorrow guys,
Well said that’s the way I think abt it insurance of $1375 ish for the full front , pillars and 8inches of the top and rear part fenders with paint correction and a buff for suntec ultra PPF and a full HALO ceramic coat and C5 armor ceramic for the wheels and brakes.
cearmic was $800 extra for both
Powder coat calipers $300
Siplo front splitter Gaurd $89 full front
Carbon fiber PPF on rear spoiler and side view mirrors $250
Full tint regular $225
And Seeing it tomorrow PRICELESS :)
Sponsored