IS $5500 PPF worth it GT350 ????

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
For the base GT350 maybe, but not for an R. They are selling for above MSRP right now at auction and I expect them to keep appreciating. These are special cars and not just a Mustang.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0121-455523/2018-ford-shelby-gt350r/
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0121-455520/2018-ford-shelby-gt350r/
https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0121-455516/2015-ford-shelby-gt350r/
The base 350's too. They're the last of the naturally aspirated engines, and the last with manual transmissions.
They may depriciate initially within a 5 yr timeframe. But I'm looking at the value in 10, 15, 20 years. Especially now with our new President, everything will be going electric. That's why I want PPF and ceramic coating. So when I sell the car in 20 yrs, with 3k-5k miles, and original paint, at Barret-Jackson, I'll be looking for that $100K+ price. šŸ¤‘
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
The base 350's too. They're the last of the naturally aspirated engines, and the last with manual transmissions.
They may depriciate initially within a 5 yr timeframe. But I'm looking at the value in 10, 15, 20 years. Especially now with our new President, everything will be going electric. That's why I want PPF and ceramic coating. So when I sell the car in 20 yrs, with 3k-5k miles, and original paint, at Barret-Jackson, I'll be looking for that $100K+ price. šŸ¤‘
Hey man, Iā€™m rootin for ya (for all of us really)..... unfortunately I have to disagree. 20 years seems like a long time, but I challenge you to show me a single domestic car made around the year 2000 that has almost doubled in value, or even gone up significantly in value.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Hey man, Iā€™m rootin for ya (for all of us really)..... unfortunately I have to disagree. 20 years seems like a long time, but I challenge you to show me a single domestic car made around the year 2000 that has almost doubled in value, or even gone up significantly in value.

Agreed 100%. Supra? Yes. FD RX7? Yes. Mustang? No... not a chance. They are always hot when the body style is current.. but they do depreciate eventually.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Thatā€™s actually pretty sad to me.
First off only putting that many miles on the car in 20 years pains me. Second a 75K investment with a 100K return in 20 years is flat out wrong man....Just sayinā€™

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R | 2023 Ram TRX
I was thinking about this today actually. Biden will definitely seek to start banning combustion engines. The next gen Mustang is already rumored to be going all electric. This will boost the 350's value. If a base 350 is worth 100k (not adjusting for inflation here) in 20 years then a well preserved rare spec R should command at least 3 times that.

Sponsored

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You're looking at it the wrong way. Special cars in demand go up in value. The Ford GT did. The Demon did. Both had production runs of around 3000 - 4000, same as the GT350R. Both were special cars, just like the GT350R. They are already starting to go up in value. A 2018 just sold at auction for 81k. If it truly is the last great NA V8 manual Mustang, then it only boosts it's value and makes it even more special.

If the R's go up in value over time, so will the base in time.

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Making sure everyone knows the 350 and the R have the same engine right ? šŸ˜‚

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
You're looking at it the wrong way. Special cars in demand go up in value. The Ford GT did. The Demon did. Both had production runs of around 3000 - 4000, same as the GT350R. Both were special cars, just like the GT350R. They are already starting to go up in value. A 2018 just sold at auction for 81k. If it truly is the last great NA V8 manual Mustang, then it only boosts it's value and makes it even more special.

If the R's go up in value over time, so will the base in time.
If you truely view these cars as appreciating assets instead of the depreciating assets that they are, I urge you to go buy as many as you can..... hundreds upon hundreds of new ones can still be purchased at dealerships across the country.

The newest version Ford GT is a super car, with a total of 1,600 to be made, and requires a approval from Ford in order to acquire a new one (which is very difficult). This is not even remotely a good comparison to a Gt350.

They made 3300 demons, and it makes ~130 more HP than its little brother. Also, thereā€™s more dragstrip tech baked into the demon Vs hellcat.... so not a good comparison of GT350 vs R which has the same HP, and generally the same technology (minus carbon fiber and a few other bits). Iā€™ll give it to ya that the demon is currently very hot, but values will likely come down over the years, especially as newer/better things come out.

In regards to your claim about this being the last NA v8 with a manual and electric powertrains taking over, I think youā€™re a little off base there. The next mustang may have a fully electric option, but they wonā€™t ditch gas motors all together (especially because theyā€™re so popular and the electric infrastructure isnā€™t at parity yet.) The demand is still around for high HP cars, so manufacturers will continue to make high HP cars. As far as manual transmissions go, only 18% of the US population knows how to use a manual, and that number falls every year.

Iā€™m reminded of how Bob Lutz told jay leno in 1994 that the new viper would be the absolute last of the high HP sport cars due to emissions and government intervention, and itā€™d be super collectible/valuable. Here we are 26 years later, our mustangs have 129 more HP than thviper, and that same used viper today is worth half as much as itā€™s MSRP in ā€˜94(not even considering inflation.)

Iā€™m not trying to be argumentative, but I do think your reasoning is flawed.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If you truely view these cars as appreciating assets instead of the depreciating assets that they are, I urge you to go buy as many as you can..... hundreds upon hundreds of new ones can still be purchased at dealerships across the country.

The newest version Ford GT is a super car, with a total of 1,600 to be made, and requires a approval from Ford in order to acquire a new one (which is very difficult). This is not even remotely a good comparison to a Gt350.

They made 3300 demons, and it makes ~130 more HP than its little brother. Also, thereā€™s more dragstrip tech baked into the demon Vs hellcat.... so not a good comparison of GT350 vs R which has the same HP, and generally the same technology (minus carbon fiber and a few other bits). Iā€™ll give it to ya that the demon is currently very hot, but values will likely come down over the years, especially as newer/better things come out.

In regards to your claim about this being the last NA v8 with a manual and electric powertrains taking over, I think youā€™re a little off base there. The next mustang may have a fully electric option, but they wonā€™t ditch gas motors all together (especially because theyā€™re so popular and the electric infrastructure isnā€™t at parity yet.) The demand is still around for high HP cars, so manufacturers will continue to make high HP cars. As far as manual transmissions go, only 18% of the US population knows how to use a manual, and that number falls every year.

Iā€™m reminded of how Bob Lutz told jay leno in 1994 that the new viper would be the absolute last of the high HP sport cars due to emissions and government intervention, and itā€™d be super collectible/valuable. Here we are 26 years later, our mustangs have 129 more HP than thviper, and that same used viper today is worth half as much as itā€™s MSRP in ā€˜94(not even considering inflation.)

I think all of these things will happen...all electric will boost values of CE drivers cars...but just when is hard to predict. It seems a ways off but you never know.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
You keeping the car for 20 years and only expect to drive 5k miles ?? To sell for gain?
Heck, give me that 50k you spent on it and I will guarantee at lest 3 times the return in 20 years :)

If we live that long to tell the story that is... Stuff it, take that car to the track, enjoy it today, never know about tomorrow..

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
You keeping the car for 20 years and only expect to drive 5k miles ?? To sell for gain?
Heck, give me that 50k you spent on it and I will guarantee at lest 3 times the return in 20 years :)

If we live that long to tell the story that is... Stuff it, take that car to the track, enjoy it today, never know about tomorrow..
Well said , cheeerss enjoy the ride

rush0024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I was referring to the 2005 Ford GT.

Again, your missing the point. In demand + special + rare = appreciate. 3500 cars is rare enough. Most people who have driven the car would say that it is a special car. Is it in demand now that it's out of production? It's still early but a couple 2018's just sold at auction for 10K + over MSRP. This is a good sign.

You're forgetting the Redeye, which is much closer to a Demon than a Hellcat, yet the Demon is still holding it's value. The Demon will most likely come down a little, mostly because Dodge insists on making tons of different models that share the same engine and similar setup. Doing a redeye and offering widebodys everywhere kind of hurts the uniqueness a little.

As for going fully electric.... nobody knows yet. I'm not saying that's what's going to happen, only that it is rumored and that it would help boost the GT350R even more if it did happen. Even if they do offer a gas engine, will it have a manual gearbox option? Doubt it. Making the GT350R the last great NA V8 with a manual Mustang, which is significant.

You're absolutely trying to be argumentative. Which I really don't understand why there are people on here that want to downplay the specialty and potential value the GT350 when they own one. I feel like I'm on a Camaro forum sometimes. Very strange to me.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase