IS $5500 PPF worth it GT350 ????

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
I have my other car without PPF which I should of done.
Upon purchasing GT350 I did PPF with Suntek ultimate for entire front-end, A-pillars, edge of the roof and rear quarters for $2k. I glad I did. The paint job on this car is very poorly done to begin with. I wouldn't do ceramic coating though, it doesn't protect anything.
Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
agreed...but neither will a ceramic coating, cause I don’t know about you but I am never doing 60 :like:
We are talking about ppf, witch can stop a rock from damaging your paint. I dont know what the rest of your sentence(?) is supposed to mean.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I can’t believe what so many are paying in other parts of the country. I have a good friend that does this for a living. He hooks me up bigtime. Full Xpel front end, a pillars, roof, lower doors, quarters, rear trunk area, handles, mirrors and ceramic tint. Little over a grand. Wqs the same for my 20 non r 350 as well. Seems I owe him more then just a few steak dinners. I would gladly spend more, it’s worth every penny. These cars throw rocks like crazy.

Reactions: dps

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
I really love these cars, and admittedly the paint is the thinnest and poorest I've seen on a car at this price, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to spend another $5K+ on PPF. I'll take the best care of it I can and hope for the best. My 9yr old BMW 535 (85K miles) looks better than the day I picked it up when I'm done cleaning/waxing it.
IMG_4249.JPG

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Hey Shawn, not to complicate your situation. I vaguely remember you mentioning replacing your stripes to black. Should you decide to change them, better do it now or just wrap everything but the stripes. Just a thought.
The shop I dealt with advised me to put the stripes on top of the ppf. They said there can be issues since you would have a transition between the painted surface and the raised stripes. They also told me they can remove the stripes without hurting the ppf if I ever needed to.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
I can’t believe what so many are paying in other parts of the country. I have a good friend that does this for a living. He hooks me up bigtime. Full Xpel front end, a pillars, roof, lower doors, quarters, rear trunk area, handles, mirrors and ceramic tint. Little over a grand. Wqs the same for my 20 non r 350 as well. Seems I owe him more then just a few steak dinners. I would gladly spend more, it’s worth every penny. These cars throw rocks like crazy.
Just the material for the doors and rear fenders cost more then $2,000
https://www.xpel.com/paint-protecti...D--Light-Trucks/2020/Ford/Mustang/Fastback/GT

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
...I did PPF with Suntek ultimate for entire front-end, A-pillars, edge of the roof and rear quarters for $2k.
now THATS not a bad deal!

We are talking about ppf, witch can stop a rock from damaging your paint. I dont know what the rest of your sentence(?) is supposed to mean.
my point was, I don’t care if there is a trunk monkey with a tennis racket that deflects every rock and bug in the tri-state area, 6 grand is ridiculous :wink:

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
You really need to ask yourself “do I need this”.
I decided I do not. I don’t live in an area that has a lot of debris on the roads. It’s just a personal preference. Is my paint perfect? No. Already fixed a chip with Dr Color Chip, can’t even tell it was there. Almost 5K miles and that has been the only problem.
How has your past cars held up?
Will it add 5K+ value upon selling? I guess it could if it saved you from paint chips.
I don’t have OCD, not even close. I don’t stress about it, it’s just a car that I really enjoy.
Thanks man thinking about that exact thing , I think ill go for the full front and the whole car i guess. that would be great for me and the car

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
now THATS not a bad deal!

my point was, I don’t care if there is a trunk monkey with a tennis racket that deflects every rock and bug in the tri-state area, 6 grand is ridiculous :wink:
thanks for the input

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
The shop I dealt with advised me to put the stripes on top of the ppf. They said there can be issues since you would have a transition between the painted surface and the raised stripes. They also told me they can remove the stripes without hurting the ppf if I ever needed to.
I interviewed five installers which two of them mentioned removing stripes and installing them on the top of PPF. The installer I went with advise me opposite(he's very reputable and experience around my area). When I mentioned to him the issue of removal PPF and damaging stripes he said the PPF can be removed without an issue. He later demonstrate this on my car on the lower part of the bumper. So, I have PPF on the top of the stipes and I have no issue - all good. I think it depends on how good installer is whether installing or removing PPF.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
1A4H.gif

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
1000% worth it. I did 100% of my car in it (my wallet still hates me), but the absolute peace of mind I have now when im out in the car is well worth it

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp