Sponsored

Is 2018 Orange fury and Metallic Paint? Why does it look like 2 Colors ? ? ? ?

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
my concern is if its more yellowish then why do they call it orange?
same thing with grabber orange...put that car next to a yellow and orange car and it looks more yellow than orange. i wish they would get the names right for the colors of the cars...
dont call it berry red when its a purple....thats just wrong.
this might be the only reason i will not purchase one because of the yellow color.
if it was more of a deep orange like the CO orange then i would have a tough choice to make.....new escape for me or another mustang...
either way wife would not be happy, another car payment!

ill have to see in person next to my 15 CO then go from there....
patiently waiting

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Competition Orange was similarly difficult to photograph. In my experience, it often looked like an improperly adjusted Race Red in pictures.

I can't wait to see that Orange Fury paint in person...I'll try not to drool.

So far, I REALLY like it. It kinda reminds me of my Evolution Orange Metallic 2000 turbo Miata which skewed a bit more gold...but it had a similarly hard to place flavor or orange.
2000 overhead small.jpg

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
I think it will look great in person and if I make the jump to a 2018, orange will be my color.

On a side note was at my sons driving school last night and the instructor says that many insurance companies give a slight discount for orange and yellow cars because they stand out and are more visible than the black/grey/white cars all over the place because distracted drives have a better chance of noticing them. Not sure if its really true but hey theres another excuse to get an 18 :)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
May as well slap a Tropicana label on all of these orange cars, might get paid for it.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I like the Orange if it's close to Grabber
Ditto. The more yellow the orange the better.

The suggestion by one of the Ford engineers that it will be 'darker on production cars' has me worried though. And why bother with a new orange anyway when you have Grabber Orange which is awesome and belongs on a Mustang.

Like I said before Ford employs a unique group of people in their colors department with both very poor taste in modern color selection and no sense of heritage :frusty:

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I love this color, reminds me of grabber orange. Hard to pass up an 18. I'm dying to add a stang to the stable but nothing has completely done it for me yet, pending power specs I may be a adding an orange fury gt next to my plum crazy purple hellcat.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
after seeing it at carlisle in june, im convinced its grabber orange with a bit of metallic to it, hence why they cannot use the same paint code....the metallic effect.
depending on what car you park it next to, it would either look orange next to a yellow car (trip yellow) or yellow next to an orange car (CO). if you are in between with orange or yellow car this is the one.
if they make it darker than the pre productions i will have to look at it again and determine if it will suffice in my stable next to the other 2 CO cars....or else i just buy a 2004 mach 1 in CO and be done with it. (i can always do a wrap on the car too...)
Sponsored