Sponsored

Is 2018 Orange fury and Metallic Paint? Why does it look like 2 Colors ? ? ? ?

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
bottom is orange fury. top is not.

or at least lets hope so.

either way ain't no competition orange

31504574833_7876fd1cd8_h.jpg

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
bottom is orange fury. top is not.

or at least lets hope so.

Well we kinda don't know that.

Remember these professional photos are highly touched up and saturated/adjusted to have rich colors, deep blacks, etc.

The video isn't great though and is overly yellow.

Only real test is in person.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
Top has lots of light editing applied, you can tell by the green wheels...it's not yellow.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Same effect as CO and Race Red and many other colors. When CO was released, it looked like 4 different colors and all of them looked awful. It's best in person

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
the top was also a shitty flash download off some random site and horrible color grading in the actual video...making it look more yellow

orange fury is butterfinger yellow basically.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Same effect as CO and Race Red and many other colors. When CO was released, it looked like 4 different colors and all of them looked awful. It's best in person
yeah remember on ford's site when CO looked brown in the build your mustang thing? lol

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
holy shit, you actually ended up getting bags. I remember you talking about it after mustang week. I REALLY want bags as well:frusty:

Sponsored
OP
OP
socal2fast

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Looks like the Orange Fury will be the one Bright Color for the mustang in 2018? I wish they kept Grabber Blue and added Grabber Orange.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
holy shit, you actually ended up getting bags. I remember you talking about it after mustang week. I REALLY want bags as well:frusty:
got em used. saved $2200 and couldn't resist... :headbonk:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Orange Fury is a metallic, as you can see here.

From the person that took the photograph he said it was very, very close to Grabber Orange. He also mentioned he was told by the Ford reps the colour would be very slightly darker on production cars.

As Khyber states, the original, leaked video (and still from it) clearly lost most of it's colour definition whilst being downloaded/copied.

Grabber Orange
54659285.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
The video is definately of an Orange Fury car. If it had been a Triple Yellow car it would have looked almost white after how badly the image quality was degraded. Yellow and Orange are incredibly hard to photograph (or video) accurately. Depending on the lighting conditions (outdoor or artificial and sunny or cloudy) and the quality and settings of the camera you use you will end up with a wide variety of shades and light/darkness, most of which do not do the actual real life color any justice.

I can take pictures of my car looking like pale pasty white shit or deep rich yellow, which Triple Yellow is neither. Grabber Orange is exactly the same, you will find pictures varying from super bright fresh orange to almost beige. Just compare this picture from the LA reveal below to the Grabber Orange S197 in the message above this one.

Without having seen it in person I do agree that Orange Fury looks to be very close to Grabber Orange, except it's a metallic. I quite like it, but it's a typical Ford color, aka not the best it can be, which in this case would have been good old old Grabber Orange. And it sounds very typical Ford to me if they say they are going to make it darker for the production cars, because that would make it inferior to this pre-production version.

It's the same with Triple Yellow, which is way too pale and should have never replaced Screaming Yellow. Same with black not being a fine metallic black, same with Magnetic being inferior to Gun Metal Grey, same with Guard being inferior to Highland Green, same with Oxford White being inferior to Performance White. Fords current color department employs a unique collection of people with poor taste in colors and no sense of heritage. :headbonk:
intro.jpg

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awfully similar to Tangerine Scream. That close up pic is very close to what my Focus ST looked like after a good detail.
Sponsored