Sponsored

Introducing the All-Electric Mustang Cobra Jet 1400 Dragster, Capable of 8 Second Quarter Mile

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I didn't know being generally positive about a Mustang was "Karening" it. I was just simply supporting an idea that this Mustang was cool. You and me and everyone here has a gasoline Mustang and just because I'm showing support on an electric Mustang doesn't make mean I'm attacking anyone with a gasoline one. I feel like on these forums, you have to have a negative opinion to have an opinion.
And as I said if you like it that is fine. Personally I can't stand electric cars. It's a two way street my friend it's just someone's opinion if they think it is boring and he is entitled to it just as you are to yours.
Sponsored

lateinthegame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
As with any car someone buys, like my GT350, it is how it makes you feel. The sound, the feel, the connection with the car, the manual trans. Just like I am not saying anything against someone who buys a GT over a GT350 or whatever. Buy what you like, enjoy it. To each his own.

But none of that "fun" will be with an electric car. So, not for me

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
How long before someone sells a recording of a gas powered drag car, to be hooked up to the electric dragster?

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
How long before someone sells a recording of a gas powered drag car, to be hooked up to the electric dragster?
https://www.soundracer.se/?p=98

SoundRacer - and the fun of driving is back!
Deutch_flag_mini.jpg
France_flag_mini.jpg

The greatest sports car engine sounds - in your own car
The multi-sound SoundRacer X
SR%20X%20AUX.jpg

Now with also Porsche 911 GT3 sound!

Porsche911.jpg

Merry Chrismas from SoundRacer!

A Chrismas gift to all SoundRacer X owners in the world: download the Porsche sound here

And as a bonus to all SAAB lovers: There is a SAAB SPORT 2-stroke sound included!

My first car was a SAAB GranTurismo 850 (the USA version of SAAB SPORT)

Imagine starting up your standard car and the interior is filled with the thrilling engine sound of a powerful Super Sports Car …Shift in the first gear, hit the gas pedal and the driving experience will really thrill you!

Trough accelerating, decelerating, shifting, cruising and idling — the sound almost fools your senses to believe that you are driving the real thing, a Super Sports Car!

Read what our customers says here See SoundRacer videos on YouTube

And the best SoundRacer videos here Thanks Loz Blain, Gizmag (now NewAtlas)!
here and here Thanks NRJ France!

Check our list of tested cars to see if SoundRacer works fine in your car.

V12_product_small.png
The SoundRacer invention

Never before has it been so easy and affordable to make a car feel as a muscle car.

Set up in a minute, easy as 1-2-3 and then you are ready to enjoy the fun and excitement of hearing the impressive engine sounds of a famous sports car.

SR_incar.jpg
1. Plug in the SoundRacer in the car 12V/cigarette lighter socket.
FM_stereo.jpg
2. Find a free FM frequency on the car stereo and set the SoundRacer to the same frequency. You can also connect to the radio AUX input with the incuded cable.
2600.jpg
3. Start engine and make a short revv to about 2500 rpm and down. Three beeps will indicate that SoundRacer have synchronized with the car engine rpm.

Now you are ready to go!

SoundRacer works fine in almost all cars: Gasoline, diesel, flexifuel, manual, automatic but check our list of tested cars for compatibility before you buy.
For hybrids and electric vehicles we have developed another product, see EVSoundSystem.com .

Choose your favorite sound from one of these singel-sound models or check the new multi-sound SoundRacer X
Model_V8.png

SoundRacer V8
Roaring V8 sound from a Shelby Mustang
Recommended for: The muscle car fan

Click for more information and where to buy

SoundRacer V10
High reving V10 sound from a Lamborghini Gallardo
Recommended for: The exotics lover

Model_V10.png

Model_V12.png

SoundRacer V12
High performance V12 sound from a Ferrari 512
Recommended for: The racing gearhead

SoundRacer V10J
High-tech V10 sound from a Lexus LFA.
Recommended for: The tech geek

Only available as one of the sounds included in SoundRacer X

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Did they say what the transmission was in this? I noticed it shifted once in the 1/4 mile. Did they put a powerglide in there?

I'm kind of hoping there's 50s GM tech in this car. Ironic in a good way.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
https://www.soundracer.se/?p=98

SoundRacer - and the fun of driving is back!
Deutch_flag_mini.jpg
France_flag_mini.jpg

The greatest sports car engine sounds - in your own car
The multi-sound SoundRacer X
SR%20X%20AUX.jpg

Now with also Porsche 911 GT3 sound!

Porsche911.jpg

Merry Chrismas from SoundRacer!

A Chrismas gift to all SoundRacer X owners in the world: download the Porsche sound here

And as a bonus to all SAAB lovers: There is a SAAB SPORT 2-stroke sound included!

My first car was a SAAB GranTurismo 850 (the USA version of SAAB SPORT)

Imagine starting up your standard car and the interior is filled with the thrilling engine sound of a powerful Super Sports Car …Shift in the first gear, hit the gas pedal and the driving experience will really thrill you!

Trough accelerating, decelerating, shifting, cruising and idling — the sound almost fools your senses to believe that you are driving the real thing, a Super Sports Car!

Read what our customers says here See SoundRacer videos on YouTube

And the best SoundRacer videos here Thanks Loz Blain, Gizmag (now NewAtlas)!
here and here Thanks NRJ France!

Check our list of tested cars to see if SoundRacer works fine in your car.

V12_product_small.png
The SoundRacer invention

Never before has it been so easy and affordable to make a car feel as a muscle car.

Set up in a minute, easy as 1-2-3 and then you are ready to enjoy the fun and excitement of hearing the impressive engine sounds of a famous sports car.

SR_incar.jpg
1. Plug in the SoundRacer in the car 12V/cigarette lighter socket.
FM_stereo.jpg
2. Find a free FM frequency on the car stereo and set the SoundRacer to the same frequency. You can also connect to the radio AUX input with the incuded cable.
2600.jpg
3. Start engine and make a short revv to about 2500 rpm and down. Three beeps will indicate that SoundRacer have synchronized with the car engine rpm.

Now you are ready to go!

SoundRacer works fine in almost all cars: Gasoline, diesel, flexifuel, manual, automatic but check our list of tested cars for compatibility before you buy.
For hybrids and electric vehicles we have developed another product, see EVSoundSystem.com .

Choose your favorite sound from one of these singel-sound models or check the new multi-sound SoundRacer X
Model_V8.png

SoundRacer V8
Roaring V8 sound from a Shelby Mustang
Recommended for: The muscle car fan

SoundRacer V10
High reving V10 sound from a Lamborghini Gallardo
Recommended for: The exotics lover

Model_V10.png

Model_V12.png

SoundRacer V12
High performance V12 sound from a Ferrari 512
Recommended for: The racing gearhead

SoundRacer V10J
High-tech V10 sound from a Lexus LFA.
Recommended for: The tech geek

Only available as one of the sounds included in SoundRacer X
Oh man that is cringy. If the electric apocalypse happens those are going to sale like crazy until the Karen's complain that they are too loud.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm curious to know if everyone who called this boring also calls a 10R80 GT boring :giggle:
I get bored when there's not much to do behind the wheel when driving. It's me, not the car. :giggle: I wouldn't call this boring either. It's at least interesting in a technical way - I'd like to know what parts are in there and how the programming is set up.

I don't have a problem with electric cars. My problem is with dictatorial legislation. Let people choose what they want to buy and let the market be driven by demand. That's all I ask for.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Once you get up to that level of power, just managing the speed is the engagement. Most hypercars have "nannies" that are always on at some level. They are actually part of the performance aspect of the car. Stability control, 4-wheel braking control, etc. can all help get a car around a track faster than humanly possible. The human still has a huge amount of input to get those top times though. I liken it to modern fighter jet design. Many are actually designed to be unstable in flight. A computer has to make constant corrections to keep the plane level. The instability allows for maneuvers that wouldn't be possible if the airframe was classically flight-worthy. On the ground 1400 HP is a similar kind of unstable. A driver with traditional controls alone simply can't use that kind of power. It's not physically possible to vary power on an individual wheel basis.

I totally agree with you about electrics. I will buy them when I feel they are viable. The tech, infrastructure, and market need to decide when that is, not the government. Electrics being the only option does not viability make.
I agree with you about 1400 hp being engaging, but I drive 95+% on the street where I don't use most of the power. There are speed limits, etc.

That's where the yawns come in for me. Especially in heavy traffic. Brake/gas/brake/gas/yawn/eyes close.