Sponsored

Interior Dash Trim Wear

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Fellow Mustang lovers,

I found a few exceptions on my interior dash trim adjacent to the driver and passenger doors and thought you all might benefit from checking for similar exceptions. These wear marks are only visible with the doors open. I will seek to get these replaced right before my bumper to bumper warranty expires as other exceptions will likely arise.

I am unsure if the dash in the above picture is delaminating or if it is a plastic protective film. I am not brave enough to verify.
Sponsored

Mustm26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
If your Mustang is has the 50 Years Appearance Package it appears to be the "Axel Spin" finish aluminum panel. Or, if you have the GT Performance Package, it is the Engine Turn aluminum panel. In either case, it most likely is a fake vinyl printed film on top of the aluminum panel standard on the GT Premium.

If either scenario turns out to be the case, the whole aluminum panel needs to be recovered with new vinyl film to make it look new again.

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Thanks, man. It's just the base GT. I also have concern new pieces would wear in the same manner.
Sponsored