Sponsored

Interested in buying a 50 LE and gotta question.

Predneck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Thunderbird SC 35th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I am hoping to purchase my first Mustang in the next six months or so.
I have liked the 50 LE since introduction.
I have 35th Anniversary T Bird SC so it would pair up nicely.
I don't know if it affects value really and have never seen production numbers breaking down the two colors. Is one color generally considered more desirable or collectable?
I have very rarely seen the Kona blue and assume Wimbledon White made up majority of production.
Any advice or insight is appreciated.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Predneck

Attached is the supposed breakout of the true 2015 50th Anniversary LE production of 1,964.

50th Anniversary LE.jpeg

Last edited:

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
I know back when these came out, my dealer told me that 1 or 2 of them were damaged and never made it to market, I think both were Wimbledon Whites. It takes a very special owner to have a 50th...I am a 3rd generation Mustang owner, my grandfather worked for Ford from 48' to 82' and he had an early 65 (pre-July build), but I am not a collector...now had my grandfather kept that car, I may have become one, but it was sold in 1970, 2 years before I was born, and while the Mustang was popular, it wasn't as collectible as they are today with age; my mom owned a 72 and is the car I came home from the hospital in when I was born....but back to my point; the investment when new on the 50th was typically $10-$15K above MSRP, and a lot of the people who got them tucked them away to rarely see the road..to me, it wasn't a drivers car, and the dealer premium was just too much to overcome....what I have seen on the market lately for them are in the high 30's/lower 40's, just down a few thousand from original MSRP of $46...knowing that most people paid $50K+ it doesn't look like a good "investment car" in today's world, but it also depends on what you want it for--do you wanna tuck it away for another 10 years, or do you want to take it out and enjoy it...if its gonna be a driver I would say look at 18+ vs the 50th, the later S550s had a lot of upgrades and improvements...these are just my opinions, but the money is yours so spend it how you wish :)

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
I love either color, I would get whatever you can find the best deal on. I wanted WW but found my KB local so that worked well for me.

Sponsored

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
From time to time I'll see a 50th LE pop up for sale that was obviously bought to drive, having as much as 70K+ miles on it. Even with the use and mileage, the prices seem to still run $5k or more above other premium GTs. You have to really want/appreciate the uniqueness of the LE to pay the premium price people are asking. Low mile LE's are still commanding near MSRP prices, or even more if they've been mostly stored since new. I have to agree with a previous post, that unless you're looking for a LE for a specific reason, i.e. future collector/investment, or gotta have the unique combination of features not offered on other models, it's a high premium to pay for a driver.

Personally, I bought a 2009 new from the dealer, and really liked having the 45th anniversary badge on the fender. It was a nice distinction from the all of the '05-'08 I saw everywhere at the time, even though that badge was really the only difference in the car. When I bought it, I told myself I would own a 50th car, even though any news or reliable info about the model was still more than 5 years away at that point.

I've loved the 50th LE since they were revealed pre-production, but as much as I wanted one over the years, I need my Mustang for everyday driving, and the various uses I put it through would not do well to uphold the value of the LE, so I never felt it was a practical purchase for me. So I compromised and got an AP car. I searched over 6 months looking for the right deal and right options until I finally was able to make a deal on one at a dealer about a 2 hour drive away. It had everything I was looking for except the spare tire option, and the color was not my favorite, but after sitting on the dealer's lot for about 2 months without selling, they finally agreed to my price so I was able to buy it for less than the average price of a regular GT premium.

The point is, I wanted an anniversary car, but because of my circumstances I wasn't going to pay more for it than any other GT with similar equipment, which meant the Appearance package was my best choice. If you're looking for something to drive, you can get better value for your money with a different model. If you want something a little more unique than a regular GT, you could look at the Cal Special, which was available on newer model years so it comes with the enhancements those newer models have.

Last edited:

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
I was looking into this one couple of weeks ago while I was waiting my Mach1 order to be confirmed.

https://m.mobile.de/auto-inserat/fo...=1e3a275c-6760-879e-b3ac-5ea708872402&type=ad

There's something bothering me there, e.g. the front lights sprinklers which are not standard, but I think there was such regulation in EU somewhere around 2016 - 2018.

I always wanted to have a 50 anny, these are so subtly unique!

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I would prefer the automatic in Kona blue for the rarity. The 50th is the only mustang in 15-17 that has the automatic and the performance package.

reb0urne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray
From time to time I'll see a 50th LE pop up for sale that was obviously bought to drive, having as much as 70K+ miles on it. Even with the use and mileage, the prices seem to still run $5k or more above other premium GTs. You have to really want/appreciate the uniqueness of the LE to pay the premium price people are asking. Low mile LE's are still commanding near MSRP prices, or even more if they've been mostly stored since new. I have to agree with a previous post, that unless you're looking for a LE for a specific reason, i.e. future collector/investment, or gotta have the unique combination of features not offered on other models, it's a high premium to pay for a driver.

Personally, I bought a 2009 new from the dealer, and really liked having the 45th anniversary badge on the fender. It was a nice distinction from the all of the '05-'08 I saw everywhere at the time, even though that badge was really the only difference in the car. When I bought it, I told myself I would own a 50th car, even though any news or reliable info about the model was still more than 5 years away at that point.

I've loved the 50th LE since they were revealed pre-production, but as much as I wanted one over the years, I need my Mustang for everyday driving, and the various uses I put it through would not do well to uphold the value of the LE, so I never felt it was a practical purchase for me. So I compromised and got an AP car. I searched over 6 months looking for the right deal and right options until I finally was able to make a deal on one at a dealer about a 2 hour drive away. It had everything I was looking for except the spare tire option, and the color was not my favorite, but after sitting on the dealer's lot for about 2 months without selling, they finally agreed to my price so I was able to buy it for less than the average price of a regular GT premium.

The point is, I wanted an anniversary car, but because of my circumstances I wasn't going to pay more for it than any other GT with similar equipment, which meant the Appearance package was my best choice. If you're looking for something to drive, you can get better value for your money with a different model. If you want something a little more unique than a regular GT, you could look at the Cal Special, which was available on newer model years so it comes with the enhancements those newer models have.
I felt the same way so I sold my 50th Anniversary and Buy a '22.. The 50th is such a beautiful car, but felt bad driving it and putting miles on it or even adding mods to it. Cars should be driven and not stored in the garage.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
The 50th were really 51st….the whole thing was weird.

Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
I would prefer the automatic in Kona blue for the rarity. The 50th is the only mustang in 15-17 that has the automatic and the performance package.
I did not realize that, good info. So the truly have the PP?

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
The 50th were really 51st….the whole thing was weird.
Not exactly, the original Mustang may have been introduced in 1964, but it was a mid-year introduction as far as production schedules go, and they were titled as 1965 model year cars, so model year 2015 is truly the 50th production year of the model name.

It always bothered me just a little bit that previous anniversary models were marketed a year early.

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
If you were born in 1964, what year would you celebrate your 50th birthday? That is all I am saying.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
If you were born in 1964, what year would you celebrate your 50th birthday? That is all I am saying.
Check the date on the article that was posted.
The 1965 Mustang was introduced in 1964, with some being made in 1964 and some in 1965. The 2015 was introduced in 2014, with some being mad in 2014 and some in 2015. I didn't have a 50LE, but my 2015 was built in November 2014. Its the same thing

Here is an article from August 2008. So the 45th anniversary Mustang was introduced 44 years later (1964-2008), went into production 44 years later (1964-2008) and has a VIN that is 44 years later (1965-2009). That's a whole lot of weird.
Sponsored