Interested in buying a 50 LE and gotta question.

Predneck

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1990 Ford Thunderbird SC 35th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I am hoping to purchase my first Mustang in the next six months or so.
I have liked the 50 LE since introduction.
I have 35th Anniversary T Bird SC so it would pair up nicely.
I don't know if it affects value really and have never seen production numbers breaking down the two colors. Is one color generally considered more desirable or collectable?
I have very rarely seen the Kona blue and assume Wimbledon White made up majority of production.
Any advice or insight is appreciated.
Advertisement

Cobra Jet

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Predneck

Attached is the supposed breakout of the true 2015 50th Anniversary LE production of 1,964.

50th Anniversary LE.jpeg

Last edited:

94gt

Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
F150
I know back when these came out, my dealer told me that 1 or 2 of them were damaged and never made it to market, I think both were Wimbledon Whites. It takes a very special owner to have a 50th...I am a 3rd generation Mustang owner, my grandfather worked for Ford from 48' to 82' and he had an early 65 (pre-July build), but I am not a collector...now had my grandfather kept that car, I may have become one, but it was sold in 1970, 2 years before I was born, and while the Mustang was popular, it wasn't as collectible as they are today with age; my mom owned a 72 and is the car I came home from the hospital in when I was born....but back to my point; the investment when new on the 50th was typically $10-$15K above MSRP, and a lot of the people who got them tucked them away to rarely see the road..to me, it wasn't a drivers car, and the dealer premium was just too much to overcome....what I have seen on the market lately for them are in the high 30's/lower 40's, just down a few thousand from original MSRP of $46...knowing that most people paid $50K+ it doesn't look like a good "investment car" in today's world, but it also depends on what you want it for--do you wanna tuck it away for another 10 years, or do you want to take it out and enjoy it...if its gonna be a driver I would say look at 18+ vs the 50th, the later S550s had a lot of upgrades and improvements...these are just my opinions, but the money is yours so spend it how you wish :)

Advertisement

15 - Steeda - 6
Advertisement