Sponsored

Interest in private track event in FL...updated.

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
Ok so....

Wear shoes and pants
Get all the crap out of your car
no A/C
Go around the water box?
Go 75-80% until you get comfortable
It's ok to not have a perfect reaction time

Am I on point here?

Evil/Stoli I'm requesting a copilot trip lol
Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Ok so....

Wear shoes and pants
no A/C
Go around the water box?

Am I on point here?

Pretty much on point. Long pants and shoes are required, A/C off at all times, water, meh, the way OSW is setup it isnt' that bad, but I still try to drive around it.

As for the 75-80%, that won't happen most likely - you'll go all out. :)

Reaction times don't impact your total time, so they really aren't important when you are starting out. Once you are comfortable, you'll start to get in the habit of launching on the last yellow light... Even if you red-light, just keep on going, you'll still get an accurate time.

Don't overthink it. If you are anything like me, after the first or second run you'll wonder why you haven't been going to the track your whole life. :headbang:

Reactions: JTR
OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Ok so....

Wear shoes and pants
no A/C
Go around the water box?

Am I on point here?

Lol...Yep, you got the basic thoughts down. I haven't been to Orlando since the resurfacing was done, but there was room to drive around the water box last time I was there. Definitely no a/c in the staging lanes...it will still drip when you get onto the racing surface. Reaction time....like Stoli said, no impact on actual ET. Work on getting comfortable with the car and the launches down pat before worrying about the reaction time. Unless you are a natural, reaction times takes practice.

Even as long as I've been racing, it's still hard to get a really good one. I did drill a guy on the tree last Friday though.....dropped an .026 light on a faster car and beat him..lol. On a test day like the rental, red light starts really don't matter. Find either of us and we can walk you through it all, step by step.

I have no problem with a ride-along. Easier to show you how it's done that way.

Hoping to get a few logs to Torrie this weekend and get the E30 tune done.

Reactions: JTR

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Thanks for all the tips, can't wait to do this.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I haven't been to the track years and years. How fast do the staging lanes move? Do ppl still push their cars w the motor off to prevent heat soak? It's going to be hotter than hell, my cars going to be pulling timing like a mf'er. Almost 90 degrees fml

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I haven't been to the track years and years. How fast do the staging lanes move? Do ppl still push their cars w the motor off to prevent heat soak? It's going to be hotter than hell, my cars going to be pulling timing like a mf'er. Almost 90 degrees fml
Quick enough that you won't be pushing it. ;) You just won't want to hot lap it.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Considering this is a private rental, there should be minimal waiting in the staging lanes..lol. I saw the forecast last night...ugh, why can't it be upper 70's/low 80's for a change..lol. I'm bringing a small spray bottle to mist water/alcohol onto the IC between runs to cool it down. Even with the better IC I have, heat soak will slowly creep in if I hot lap it at those temps. Still trying to decide if I'm going to hang out after the event and do the 1320X Midnight Madness T&T for some cooler air.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Who's ready? (This was at Bradenton, not OSW)

[ame]

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Considering this is a private rental, there should be minimal waiting in the staging lanes..lol. I saw the forecast last night...ugh, why can't it be upper 70's/low 80's for a change..lol. I'm bringing a small spray bottle to mist water/alcohol onto the IC between runs to cool it down. Even with the better IC I have, heat soak will slowly creep in if I hot lap it at those temps. Still trying to decide if I'm going to hang out after the event and do the 1320X Midnight Madness T&T for some cooler air.

What kind of spray bottle and what kind of alcohol? I have a MAP IC and it still heat soaks a little under stop and go.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I have the FFTEch core on mine, after several runs back to back I'm seeing about 140 CATs (IAT2) it hovers there. You guys should be fine, just check if you're pulling timing or not. Make sure to datalog during your pulls.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
What kind of spray bottle and what kind of alcohol? I have a MAP IC and it still heat soaks a little under stop and go.

I'm going to use a small garden sprayer....cheap, easy to find, and sprays a fairly fine pattern so the IC won't get water trapped in the fins, then drip on the track. After my data log runs earlier tonight, I might be ok though. Saw a peak IAT2 of 94* after 2 back to back pulls on the new E30 tune. Ambient temp was 74* by the dash display. I sent Torrie the logs for some tweaks if needed, but it looked decent to my untrained eye..lol.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
I have the FFTEch core on mine, after several runs back to back I'm seeing about 140 CATs (IAT2) it hovers there. You guys should be fine, just check if you're pulling timing or not. Make sure to datalog during your pulls.
Oh yeah, laptop will be with me for logging. After the logs earlier, I'm pretty happy with it. I saw max IAT2 just after getting off the throttle, but it never came close to 100*, even after 2 back to back runs from 45-100. I'm also going to open the lower grill up for more air flow...factory one leaves a bit to be desired with the number of blocked openings. If I really feel froggy, will do a grill delete....just hate worrying about a rock or critter hitting the IC..lol.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Oh yeah, laptop will be with me for logging. After the logs earlier, I'm pretty happy with it. I saw max IAT2 just after getting off the throttle, but it never came close to 100*, even after 2 back to back runs from 45-100. I'm also going to open the lower grill up for more air flow...factory one leaves a bit to be desired with the number of blocked openings. If I really feel froggy, will do a grill delete....just hate worrying about a rock or critter hitting the IC..lol.
Yeah I hear you... We should all do some log sharing to see how our combinations are performing. If you never went over a 100, that's awesome. Stock hits 200F+

I think I average about 100 after a couple of pulls in normal FL heat. I don't remember :) I think Adam (Tune+) had posted a graph on which he noted the critical point at which the car pulls timing... I can't find it, I want to know lol.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Yeah I hear you... We should all do some log sharing to see how our combinations are performing. If you never went over a 100, that's awesome. Stock hits 200F+

I think I average about 100 after a couple of pulls in normal FL heat. I don't remember :) I think Adam (Tune+) had posted a graph on which he noted the critical point at which the car pulls timing... I can't find it, I want to know lol.
It will be interesting to see how the logs compare. Even in the heat, don't think I've seen over 120* IAT2, and that was 90*+ ambient. Nic did a great job at picking out the core for his IC...damn thing just won't stay hot..lol.

Most timing I saw pulled on my logs from earlier was 1*, and that was only for a short amount of time. Almost makes me think it may have been transient noise of some sort that the knock sensors reacted to. Otherwise, it was holding commanded advance, or adding 3-5. I need to look at the logs again...may have been right at the 2-3 shift...she steps the rear out a hair at that point.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Hmmm, E30 tune revision 1 looked a little lean up top, revision 2 loaded and ready for some logging tonight....if it didn't rain...lol.
Sponsored