Sponsored

Interest in private track event in FL...updated.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Paid ;)
Sponsored

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Definitely registering for this. Site says 1st priority goes to cyclone members then remaining open slots go to others. Whats the odds of being kicked from registration?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Looks pretty slim based on some comments on the fb group. They are complaining not many people have signed up.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Definitely registering for this. Site says 1st priority goes to cyclone members then remaining open slots go to others. Whats the odds of being kicked from registration?
Not very likely. Jason and Joe both know I'm beating the bushes to round up some S550 Mustangs to join in the fun. The event was originally designed around the Cyclone powered cars, but the club members are dragging ass about signing up. So, to fill the car count plus add some variety, Jason asked me if I could round up some S550 platform cars, regardless of power train.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Looks pretty slim based on some comments on the fb group. They are complaining not many people have signed up.
Yeah, the Cyclone members are definitely dragging their collective ass' in signing up for the event. I don't blame Joe for being aggravated with them. Don't know why they are lagging behind though....it's a good time, at a good facility, and Ozzy (owner of OSW) loves having the group out.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Sending it back up with an update...might be even more interesting than before..lol.

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for your work so far. Do you have a list or a ballpark # of those going? I registered regardless of number, its going to be a fun time!

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Thanks for your work so far. Do you have a list or a ballpark # of those going? I registered regardless of number, its going to be a fun time!
I know we had a 40 car minimum, and if the event is still a go, we have over that number. We also have a few laggards who are signing up in the next week or so, but have committed to coming.

Vendor/shop wise, MPT is going to be bringing their turbo Cyclone...car made well north of 500 rwhp last dyno. Hector from CFM will be there as well. Also got confirmation from Justin @ VMP that he will be bringing one of the shop S550's, but I asked nicely if he would bring the Eco. I want to look at the fftec turbo setup that's on the car..lol.

It's always a good time. I've known the Cyclone group since the inception, and they are a great group of people. As long as mother nature behaves, it should make for a nice event. What better way to spend the day than relaxing at the track, making runs when you feel like it, and BS'ing with other Mustang owners. :cheers:

JasinEdward

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Roush Stage 1
If I have my car back by then I should be able to head out that way....

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
10/14 UPDATE: The event planners just informed me they want only Ecoboost or Cyclone V6 cars at this point. Slots must be full, or very close if they are limiting cars.
If that's the case I'll give up my slot if Jason will give me a refund.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
so, what sort of car prep is required for one of these, and do your launch your car in the same general manner? Not sure what's different... I assume there's a lot of extra grip off the line if the track is prepped.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
If that's the case I'll give up my slot if Jason will give me a refund.
If you are already on the list, you are good to go. Guess we have enough GTs to make it interesting, so now trying to add a few more Eco or V6 to the fray...lol. It should turn out to be a very nice event.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
so, what sort of car prep is required for one of these, and do your launch your car in the same general manner? Not sure what's different... I assume there's a lot of extra grip off the line if the track is prepped.
Just make sure you have enough gas, and be ready to have fun. The launch technique varies on what the car wants, and the track will hold. The surface will have a "little" more grip than the street..lol. We get track prep at the rental, so it should be pretty tacky. They also just redid the surface a few months ago....ripped up the entire track out to the 1k ft mark, redid the base, then fresh concrete. It's getting nice and seasoned by now...should be a helluva surface.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

No prep needed at all. As for launching, for your first time out just launch like you were at a stop light. There will be plenty of time during the day to try different methods, tire pressures, etc.

There will be lots of people with experience to help and offer advice. The most important thing to keep in mind is to have fun - and I can assure you that you will. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored