Sponsored

Interest in private track event in FL...updated.

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Hopefully this post doesn't get Mod bombed to general chat like my post in the V6 forum did.

Any of you turbo heads interested in attending a private track rental? I was contacted by a friend of mine asking if I could round up some EBM owners to attend a private rental his group is doing at Orlando Speed World on November 7th. Cost would be $55 for racers, $10 for spectators and will be refunded if you can't make it, or if the weather decides to not cooperate. Conditions should be pretty good by then, and OSW redid the racing surface a few months ago to fresh concrete. If interested, info can be found either by the link on http://cyclonemustangs.com/ or searching FB for Cyclone Mustangs Semi-Annual Private Track Rental. I'm going to try and round up a few local EBM to attend as well. It's always a good time with a great bunch of Mustang owners. If I can wrangle him into it, may see if Torrie will crawl out from behind his keyboard and attend...lol.

10/14 UPDATE: Updated the website with new link to the event information...cut off date for signing up is October 23rd. If interested in running your car, make sure to sign up. The event planners just informed me they want only Ecoboost or Cyclone V6 cars from this point on. Slots must be full, or very close if they are limiting cars.

Another update.....we had an idea pitched from a vendor to bring a mobile dyno to the event, barring track approval. Cost would be $65 for 2 pulls, and we need a 10 car minimum. This would be open to all cars, racers and spectators alike. Dyno is a Dynojet, FYI.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Interest in private track event in FL?

Hell yes I would go!
Should have my FMIC and my Pro-tune by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I'd be up for it, never ran a 1/4... But it could be fun

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
...and it's gone.

b00sted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost - 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
Would in a heartbeat but i'll be at a fishing tournament that weekend. Maybe next time!

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I'd be interested in the future. Can't make 11/7 as it looks like my car won't be delivered let alone broken in :(

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
Is this just for Ecoboost's or are any Mustangs invited? I would love to attend.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Is this just for Ecoboost's or are any Mustangs invited? I would love to attend.
As far as I can tell, the slots are open to any Mustang at this time. Jason asked about Ecos, but having a few of all the S550 models would be a plus IMO. I'll send him a message to double check, but I would say go ahead and sign up. We have a few other GTs and GT500s attending from another local club anyway.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
I'd be up for it, never ran a 1/4... But it could be fun
You wouldn't be the only one....always a few people who are complete newbies to running at a dragstrip. It's a good, low pressure op to learn how it's done, or ask questions. Several of us attendees have been drag racing for 20+ years, so if you go, don't be afraid to ask questions. Hell, I'm not above giving someone a ride along to point out the details...lol.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Talked to Jason, and it's open to all S550's.....check the links for more into.

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Talked to Jason, and it's open to all S550's.....check the links for more into.
Just joined the Cyclone Mustangs- Florida Chapter page... I'll most likely joinin on the track day.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Glad you found the page. This crap with links not functioning is annoying me to no end, especially being on my iPad and not my PC at home...lol.

kenbidwell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2020 F250 Tremor, 2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP(wifes car)
Do you have to join the Cyclone group to find the link? I looked at the Facebook page and could not find a reference to the track event.

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
Do you have to join the Cyclone group to find the link? I looked at the Facebook page and could not find a reference to the track event.
I updated the first post with the website, but go to
http://cyclonemustangs.com/ and click the link for track rental. I asked Joe about fixing the access, and Jason sent me the updated page link while I was in bed (love night shift at times like this...lol).

OP
OP

Evil87GN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY EB auto
...and it's gone.
Mod bombed to the FL forum...lol. You wouldn't happen to be an old Corral member, would you? Japan, CO Terminator....only know of one person that could say that in their sig.
Sponsored