Intercooler degas tank-Roush 2650 SET UP

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3 Mustang, 1967 Chevy Chevelle
I have a 2019 Roush STage 3. I've been having intercooler pump issues and have asked if you are supposed to be able to see circulation in the Degas tank for the intercooler-some say yes and others say no. I can hear the pump and the lines do have pressure but there is zero movement in the tank. I don't have anything hooked up currently to read the IAT2's. The pump and relay were just changed out under warranty from Roush. Any input would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Yes, i could see movement in my tank after i fixed my pump. I had to replace my pump and relay to get things working again last year. I now have an Aeroforce gauge in the vent to read IAT2 and Boost. I used a WIFI OBD2 with OBD Fusion on my phone to monitor IAT2 before that. That will be your key to really seeing if your pump us circulating coolant properly.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX Hatch, 1994 Cobra, 2020 Roush Stage 3
Didn't you ask this question on a Facebook group also? Didn't an Engineer from Roush respond and tell you that you are not supposed to see fluid flowing in the tank because it's mainly air bubbles that travel up there? Personally, if anyone is going to know it would be him.

OP
OP
DF19RS3

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Didn't you ask this question on a Facebook group also? Didn't an Engineer from Roush respond and tell you that you are not supposed to see fluid flowing in the tank because it's mainly air bubbles that travel up there? Personally, if anyone is going to know it would be him.

I called Roush this morning and the tech I spoke with told me that YES you should be seeing flow in the degas tank..So even at Roush there are two different answers from the tech and that engineer that replied to the post. So what is the right answer, no one seems to know.

OP
OP
DF19RS3

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

Can you see flow in your tank ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DF19RS3

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Got my car up to operating temp. I can feel pressure on the IC lines but the fluid is "moving" inside the tank. There are some slight bubbles coming to the surface though.
So that tells me that I have an air pocket because I played around with it tonight and with pump off I can squeeze the hoses and see lots of burping in the tank but with pump on the lines build pressure but the fluid isn’t moving at least not anything I can see. The other videos I have watched show a pretty good stream of circulation in the tank.

thanks for checking

OP
OP
DF19RS3

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Got my car up to operating temp. I can feel pressure on the IC lines but the fluid is "moving" inside the tank. There are some slight bubbles coming to the surface though.
This is mine with pump on see video and let me know how that compares with yours please.

Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
you have an air bubble or something not working. You'll see it churning around in there instead of it just sitting still. With it moving around after we fixed it i see my IAT2 stay around 20-25 degrees of ambient air. When the pump wasn't moving the coolant my IAT2 would continue to climb. After about 140 it kills almost all your power.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is mine with pump on see video and let me know how that compares with yours please.

Let me get home tonight and I'll video mine for you. I am fairly confident that you have some type of air pocket though.

OP
OP
DF19RS3

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
you have an air bubble or something not working. You'll see it churning around in there instead of it just sitting still. With it moving around after we fixed it i see my IAT2 stay around 20-25 degrees of ambient air. When the pump wasn't moving the coolant my IAT2 would continue to climb. After about 140 it kills almost all your power.

Yeah something isn't working as it should. Thanks for the input. Hopefully the dealer can figure it out. My only issue is I don't have much confidence in our local dealers.

OP
OP
DF19RS3

DF19RS3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Let me get home tonight and I'll video mine for you. I am fairly confident that you have some type of air pocket though.

Thats what I was thinking, I was messing with it last night and was trying to burp it as much as I can with the hoses but still nothing. Its a big ass bubble or something is actually blocked off.

jon.smith76063

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored