2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Question for all UK guys running mechanically modified Mustangs, who do you use to insure your modified car and how much extra do you think it costs? And what mods have you done...headers, exhaust, supercharger, suspension, etc? Thanks!
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I've used Admiral for a previous modded car, LV and currently on Ford insure for the Mustang. Exhaust changed, made naff all difference from what i can see price wise

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
admiral at the moment they've been cheapest 3 years on trot now.

just about everything you can think to do has been done :cwl:

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
A plan thatcham are good for modded Mustang đź‘Ť

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. I was paying ÂŁ1,500/yr for a stock Mach 1 with a high excess level. Is that inline with what you guys were paying for insurance on mod Stangs? Thanks again.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Thanks guys. I was paying ÂŁ1,500/yr for a stock Mach 1 with a high excess level. Is that inline with what you guys were paying for insurance on mod Stangs? Thanks again.
No, way to much, I pay less than a third of that

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
+1 for admiral. Mods are in my signature below, have only ever been charged the ÂŁ20 Admin fee

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
@Kristian87 @hinch how did you guys find dealing with Admiral for any changes? I always got out of the UK call centres and while it might have been a Scottish accent thing, it was too painful to deal with them so i left after oo 10yrs or so with them

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
@Kristian87 @hinch how did you guys find dealing with Admiral for any changes? I always got out of the UK call centres and while it might have been a Scottish accent thing, it was too painful to deal with them so i left after oo 10yrs or so with them
I've always felt their call centre was one of their strengths. 9 times out of 10 when I call up (which I do every year), I'll get a local (Welsh) and found them to be easy to talk to, friendly and competitive when it comes to matching any quotes I definitely don't make up.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
ÂŁ280 last year..... I'm old.

They've been great for the truck which is also insured with them and is currently in for repair following a small prang. can't say the same for their selected local repairer but their staff have been great dealing with issues with the repairer.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
A plan thatcham are good for modded Mustang đź‘Ť
I’m with A-Plan and I’m well under half of your premium - but total premium is a bit of a pointless comparison due to age / area / driving record etc etc.

If it helps you to build a comparison :

• I think I can just about still claim middle age.
• Clean record.
• I’m not in a great postcode.

I have full no claims, but had to start again with the mustang as it’s a second car. A-Plan worked out a favourable deal for me.

Second car means limited mileage for me, I think the mustang is on 3k (might be 4.5k). My total annual mileage pre covid was only about 8k and that’s dropped now with more home working.

1st year mods covered intake and exhaust - didn’t move my premium.

2nd year mods covered my suspension braces - that didn’t move my premium either.

Interestingly, the wording on my schedule to cover the suspension braces is generic and covers everything suspension related. That’s suits me as I ultimately want to put the Ford Performance full MagneRide kit on the car at some point :like:

WD :like:

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m with A-Plan and I’m well under half of your premium - but total premium is a bit of a pointless comparison due to age / area / driving record etc etc.

If it helps you to build a comparison :

• I think I can just about still claim middle age.
• Clean record.
• I’m not in a great postcode.

I have full no claims, but had to start again with the mustang as it’s a second car. A-Plan worked out a favourable deal for me.

Second car means limited mileage for me, I think the mustang is on 3k (might be 4.5k). My total annual mileage pre covid was only about 8k and that’s dropped now with more home working.

1st year mods covered intake and exhaust - didn’t move my premium.

2nd year mods covered my suspension braces - that didn’t move my premium either.

Interestingly, the wording on my schedule to cover the suspension braces is generic and covers everything suspension related. That’s suits me as I ultimately want to put the Ford Performance full MagneRide kit on the car at some point :like:

That's very helpful, thank you. I am in my 50's, clean driving record. The one issue is have to park the car on the street in London. I had like 8k mileage on the insurance because I drive the car a lot.

RR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Auto, L322 Range Rover, Series 3 Land Rover
As a comparison, my car has no mods and I paid ÂŁ180 in November last year, in my 60s, only 3 years NCD as it is my third car, so have to build up my discount.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I can't help but think Mustang premiums are going to get jacked up by one of those automated algorithms ... :frown:

In the last two months alone my misses has informed me of two reasonably bad crashes and one fatality all in the UK, all on damp roads, all appear to be driver error (or blame the car ? :angry:) - my gut tells me that proportionally it's not a good number when compared to how many Mustangs I see on the road / other car makes / models etc ... :frown:

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My renewal with Admiral next month is ÂŁ565, will give them a call to "see what they can do"

I also noticed the tax has gone up again to ÂŁ600.
Sponsored