Sponsored

Insurance for GT350

Bullitt Tooth Tony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H3929
Damn that's crazy. Have you tried getting a quote for another vehicle just to see if the issue is GT350-specific for you? Perhaps as you say it is the lawsuit problem. We are similar in age so I don't think that is a factor. Usually it is the below 25 crowd that get screwed over.
I've tried that with a Honda Civic and didn't seem to have a problem. I don't think it's necessarily GT350 specific, but I suspect it's a contributing factor, along with everything else I stated.
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Does anyone else daily their GT350? If so, who are yall insured with?

It was a major PITA trying to find someone to even insure it as a daily, as most companies wouldn't even quote it. As for the ones that did, most were so low (lower than my old mk7 GTI) that something had to be wrong with them. I didn't want to take a chance with a policy like that since I've already been through a lawsuit over that exact issue. I ended up going with AmFam, but feel like I'm paying way too much now.

I've been looking at Travelers as a (slightly) cheaper alternative. Anyone have experience with them?
I have Travelers, and found them to be the cheapest to insure the GT350. I already was insuring 3 cars(mine, wife, and son). When I called to ask how much more to add the GT350, they quoted me at $403/6 months. I asked are you sure, as others were telling me over $800/6 months? They said it's correct, and I've had it for over a year now. I even inquired about adding a GT500, and that was a little over $500/6 months.
Now, granted I'm 60, so I'm not in the high risk catergory. But Travelers was at least half of the other companies I checked.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Mine is insured through a State Farm agreed value policy. I'm paying about 230 each 6 months. I'm older and all my insurance is through State farm. There are a few restrictions but very few. Can drive where I want when I want as long as I dont exceed a certain mileage. The milage restriction is more miles then I will ever drive the car. For track days I use OnTrackinsurance.com. Very reasonable and great coverage

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Wow! Those are some pretty good rates. Are you guys just rolling around with comprehensive coverage on the car but minimum liability coverage or what?

Car insurance in the US is a bit of a joke. When I moved down here from Ontario and asked for the 1 million dollar liability policy they laughed at me on the phone. The minimum liability in Ontario is 1 million. You can pay extra for 2 million.

Here it varies by state but its usually around 30,000 I think? And everyone sues everyone down here and medical costs are high.

I also pay extra for un-insured/under-insured coverage, because if someone hits me and they only have 30k liability then what?

TommyBoyDIY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I have two cars on my policy and added my 2016 GT350 in April when I got it. Full normal coverage is $969 for the year. I live in western New York. We use NYS Central Mutual through AAA. Didn't think that was terrible.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Here's another data point for you...just insured my 2019 GT350 with State Farm - I'm in my low 30s, no accidents - $440/6 months here in the DFW area. Mileage at 11k/yr, full coverage.

vVCOBRAVv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Z06, S3, Jeep JL Eco Diesel, Armada
I just use Progressive for everything (car, house, umbrella). Why is it a PITA to insure a GT350? It is not an exotic or anything like that. I pay $185 a month for the GT350 plus my wife's ES350. I have the $500k liability option.
I pay $83.66 a month on mine for full coverage.

Screenshot_20220122-091751_Chrome.jpg

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Mine is insured through a State Farm agreed value policy. I'm paying about 230 each 6 months. I'm older and all my insurance is through State farm. There are a few restrictions but very few. Can drive where I want when I want as long as I dont exceed a certain mileage. The milage restriction is more miles then I will ever drive the car. For track days I use OnTrackinsurance.com. Very reasonable and great coverage

I have State farm and pay approx the same as you. Collision comes off while in storage for 5 months a year and costs me in the $20s per month while sitting in my garage. I know with State farm it's either more than 7,500 miles a year or less but doesn't cost much more if you choose the over 7,500.

250/500 coverage, $0 comp deductible, $250 collision when in effect.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I have State farm and pay approx the same as you. Collision comes off while in storage for 5 months a year and costs me in the $20s per month while sitting in my garage. I know with State farm it's either more than 7,500 miles a year or less but doesn't cost much more if you choose the over 7,500.

250/500 coverage, $0 comp deductible, $250 collision when in effect.
Just realized I forgot to remove my collision the other day. Done now as you said, nice price cut

matthewr87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I pay $83.66 a month on mine for full coverage.

Screenshot_20220122-091751_Chrome.jpg
That's not bad. Your under/un-insured coverage is pretty low though. I am too paranoid, especially around here in MD where the world's dumbest fucking drivers seem to congregate.
Sponsored