Insurance did NOT raise as much as I expected

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Our insurance went up about $100 per month when we added the Mustang to our policy. We have had USAA for years.
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Depends on location and driving record etc. I also have USAA but living in Florida is high due to location.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
my monthly went up $96 with my current insurance company and they still beat everyone else by at least 15 bucks. I'm 38/married but did have a no fault accident 5 years ago and I've had a speeding ticket within the past three years.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ugh. My insurance just raised my rates from $100 to $140 a month for my V6 for no reason at all.

Never caused an accident, never claimed insurance, clean driving record and I don't park on the street and I'm 37.

Goddam L.A.

... And that is Geico, they are the CHEAPEST still.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
My insurance went up $400 a year from a '17 WRX to my current '17 GT.

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I am 25 and I'll be going from a V6 Premium Convertible to a GT premium PP. When it gets closer to me receiving it I'll call around. I'll check the amount on my parents insurance(since I still live at home) and being on my own. As well as, different insurance companies. But I'll more than likely stay with Geico because they've taken very good care of us.

AEengnr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I am 25 and I'll be going from a V6 Premium Convertible to a GT premium PP. When it gets closer to me receiving it I'll call around. I'll check the amount on my parents insurance(since I still live at home) and being on my own. As well as, different insurance companies. But I'll more than likely stay with Geico because they've taken very good care of us.
I'm 25 also. GEICO cut every other company's rates by about 50% when I did searching. I pay about $100 per month for my GT, with zero traffic accidents or violations and good grades discount.

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
When I got my Mustang, I went from about $250/6mo on my 2001 Taurus (liability only) to $700/6mo (full coverage) with Progressive. After a year with them, I moved to Geico for about $515/6mo, but they raised my rates after I made a comprehensive claim (said they reclassified my car as high performance (because initially, they thought 435hp was pedestrian), and my neighborhood was "higher crime"; I guess that's how they punish you for making a claim) and wanted $535/6mo. Now I have AmFam and pay $487/6mo, and I have a local agent. Of course I don't want to risk it, so I also buy track day policies each time I head out, and those are about $200 per event.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I cancelled USAA years ago and glad I did, tired of their bullshit increases for no reason. Clean record for both my wife and I, and every renewal the price increased, never could give me a straight answer as to why.

Glad it works for some.

cyandhappiness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium PP
Ugh. My insurance just raised my rates from $100 to $140 a month for my V6 for no reason at all.

Never caused an accident, never claimed insurance, clean driving record and I don't park on the street and I'm 37.

Goddam L.A.

... And that is Geico, they are the CHEAPEST still.
insurance went from 165 to 198 for my F150 and my mustang gt in this renewal, and I know it's not the truck because it shows the same rate.

Clean driving record, car shows 5k miles a year and always in garage; I called them and ask why and they say it's because people been crashing it.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
My buddies 2017 Hyundai elantra is more then my 2017 GT. We're both over 40. I laughed and laughed and laughed.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
insurance went from 165 to 198 for my F150 and my mustang gt in this renewal, and I know it's not the truck because it shows the same rate.

Clean driving record, car shows 5k miles a year and always in garage; I called them and ask why and they say it's because people been crashing it.
That's the same bullshit reason they gave me... More people are claiming in your area..

What happened to raising the insurance on people who cause accidents, rather than people who don't? SMH

scottmoyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT and 2016 GT
Auto insurance is government mandated, legalized extortion!!!

In Florida, my insurance has skyrocketed over the years. I was paying $1100/year for full coverage with $250 deductibles for a 2006 Silverado Z71 and 2003 Monte Carlo SS, when both were new. The prices remained fairly constant until 2014, when I added a 2014 GT to my account. Insurance increased about $650/year for that addition. In 2015, I added my then '16 year old to the policy, put him on the Monte Carlo and lowered coverage to liability only. Insurance increased another $600/year. I then added a 2015 Dodge Charger SRT to the stable, and added another $900 to the policy. So, with all of these cars, my insurance was at $3250. I sold the Monte Carlo and my premium increased $150 because my son was now insured on the truck, with full coverage. So, now I'm at $3400, but with one less car. Got rid of the Charger and replaced it with a 2017 Hyundai Sonata, and the price increased $150/year to $3550. I just recently sold my truck, bought the 2016 GT and moved my son to the '14 GT and my premium just went up to $4400.

I can't believe the policy increased when I replaced a $45k 500hp SRT with a two year newer, $23k 185hp Sonata!!! Then I find it's cheaper to have a 19 year old insured on a 420hp Mustang than it is to insure hime on the Sonata.

Insurance is a ripoff in Florida and makes no sense that as the cars get older, they continue to charge the same or more to insure a less expensive car. I was going to replace the '15 Charger with a '17 Charger and my premium was going up almost $200 a year! For what? They were the exact same car, same engine, same repair costs, same safety features, etc, but the insurance said it was a two year newer car, so it costs more to insure.

WHATEVER!!!!!

BTW, between my son, my wife and myself, we have no accidents or tickets, get every discount imaginable, and have even attended advanced driving courses. It means nothing!!!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 25 also. GEICO cut every other company's rates by about 50% when I did searching. I pay about $100 per month for my GT, with zero traffic accidents or violations and good grades discount.
I have one accident that happened 2-3 years ago. I was backing out of a parking spot next to a mini van couldn't see and hit someone. But as far as I know she didn't make a claim. And I just paid mine out of pocket since it didn't reach my deductible.

PS I barely tapped her. I was so sad cause I just got my car too. But my '18 will have a backup camera. So that'll help and its a fastback as well.
Sponsored