Sponsored

instrument panel boost gauge

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I have noticed that some cars appear to have a 20psi gauge on the dash cluster while others have a 30psi gauge. Curious if this is something that can be modified with a different IPC firmware or as-built modification.

With that said, I'm interested in seeing what years and models have which gauge...

Mine: 2015 EB Premium (build 10/2014) auto. 20psi gauge
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
2016 premium performance, manual, 5/16 build
30 psi

Rob0381

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang RS1 Premium W/PP
I have noticed that some cars appear to have a 20psi gauge on the dash cluster while others have a 30psi gauge. Curious if this is something that can be modified with a different IPC firmware or as-built modification.

With that said, I'm interested in seeing what years and models have which gauge...

Mine: 2015 EB Premium (build 10/2014) auto. 20psi gauge
Weird. I have basically the same car as you other than its a Roush w/PP. 2015 premium, build 10/14, auto. My gauge is 30psi...:confused:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Are you asking about the dash gauge or the instrument cluster (digital display)? My understanding was the PP (Performance Pack) cars all come with the physical dash gauge, I thought they all went to 30 psi. If you don't have a PP (Performance Pack), you should be able to display the boost gauge in the digital cluster. At least my PP, I can't display the boost gauge in the digital cluster. Mine is a 15 Premium w/PP built 2/15 and the physical gauge goes to 30 psi.

Are you saying there's a difference in that digital cluster?

A difference in the physical boost gauges

Or a difference between the physical boost gauge in the PP and the digital in the cluster for the non-PP?

OP
OP

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Are you asking about the dash gauge or the instrument cluster (digital display)? My understanding was the PP (Performance Pack) cars all come with the physical dash gauge, I thought they all went to 30 psi. If you don't have a PP (Performance Pack), you should be able to display the boost gauge in the digital cluster. At least my PP, I can't display the boost gauge in the digital cluster. Mine is a 15 Premium w/PP built 2/15 and the physical gauge goes to 30 psi.

Are you saying there's a difference in that digital cluster?

A difference in the physical boost gauges

Or a difference between the physical boost gauge in the PP and the digital in the cluster for the non-PP?
Talking about the non-PP digital gauge in the cluster. I know all of the PP gauges in the center of the dash show 30psi, but some of the digital gauges in the cluster only show 20psi while most show 30psi.

Weird. I have basically the same car as you other than its a Roush w/PP. 2015 premium, build 10/14, auto. My gauge is 30psi...:confused:
yours is the physical gauge in the center of the dash. Mine doesn't have this gauge, only the digital gauge in the instrument cluster.

Sponsored

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I did that on my car. You need the Ford updates through IDS and the maximum will raise to 30psi.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I'd like to be able to enable the digital boost gauge in the cluster and have both. I like having the physical gauge as a rough indicator but the parallax error is terrible making it very difficult to read correctly. I'm hoping at some point I will be able to enable the digital boost gauge via FORScan.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
I'd like to be able to enable the digital boost gauge in the cluster and have both. I like having the physical gauge as a rough indicator but the parallax error is terrible making it very difficult to read correctly. I'm hoping at some point I will be able to enable the digital boost gauge via FORScan.
Agreed. I also wish the boost analog gauge was on the left instead of the oil pressure too.

OP
OP

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I did that on my car. You need the Ford updates through IDS and the maximum will raise to 30psi.
Yours was previously 20psi? I'm assuming there was a firmware update that changed it then. Interesting...

Have you compared your IPC as-built with a non-PP to see the differences? There aren't many lines of code, I would say somehow it has to be a simple change.

Sponsored

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
'17 Ecoboost Premium non-PP, mine goes to 30.

OP
OP

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
So it would appear so far that only the '15 has the 20psi digital gauge. Any other '15's out there???

thanassis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Yours was previously 20psi? I'm assuming there was a firmware update that changed it then. Interesting...
actually I have it showing metric units. Before was showing max 2bars (30psi) and now show 3bars (44psi)
I will try to switch to Imperial units, to see how many PSI shows.
It was changed after firmware update

OP
OP

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
interesting...so it would appear that all of the '15's have the 20psi gauge, while '16-'17 has the 30psi gauge. Wonder how hard it would be to find the IPC firmware and do an update.
Sponsored