GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Gosh. Not sure where I posted it! I'll put something up on Motor City Bullitts. Though first gear is long still, the torque to pull this beast is there. I'm still marveling at the exhaust differences.
Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Gosh. Not sure where I posted it! I'll put something up on Motor City Bullitts. Though first gear is long still, the torque to pull this beast is there. I'm still marveling at the exhaust differences.
I hear you there. I have the Stage 1 Whipple with active exhaust and the resonator deleted. The sound is unreal!

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I hear you there. I have the Stage 1 Whipple with active exhaust and the resonator deleted. The sound is unreal!
Do you have the Whipple tune? If so was the traction control and advancetrac turned off on it?

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
Do you have the Whipple tune? If so was the traction control and advancetrac turned off on it?
Yea I have the Whipple tune. No neither was turned off.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
are you manual or auto? Do you know what kind of power it made?

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
are you manual or auto? Do you know what kind of power it made?
Manual. I haven't had it that log. I have less than 500 miles on it. Steeda installed mine as part of the Q850 package. They also use the Stage 1 Whipple on their Mcqueen Edition Bullit.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Did they dyno? I will post my results as soon as I get to a dyno. I live about 200 miles from the nearest one. Thanks for your feedback. The torque helps a lot with the long gearing.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
BTW gang. The traction control/advancetrac problem was the installer (me) putting the fuse in the wrong slot! Nothing to do with Whipple. But, they quickly responded and knew what I had done wrong. I may yet put OPG/Sprocket in this fall. It doesn't look too difficult.

For those considering the WHipple. I would recommend it. Kinda cross between the centri and the Roush on how power comes on. Very nice.

Here is what I think is the best quickie video of what I installed except for the fuel pump and cai. Also, I did not take the metal battery shield out as I had the correct sockets, etc. to do the job.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
BTW gang. The traction control/advancetrac problem was the installer (me) putting the fuse in the wrong slot! Nothing to do with Whipple. But, they quickly responded and knew what I had done wrong. I may yet put OPG/Sprocket in this fall. It doesn't look too difficult.

For those considering the WHipple. I would recommend it. Kinda cross between the centri and the Roush on how power comes on. Very nice.

Here is what I think is the best quickie video of what I installed except for the fuel pump and cai. Also, I did not take the metal battery shield out as I had the correct sockets, etc. to do the job.

Hi Bob - I have to say that I am very impressed with you, aileron and the others that have these kind of mechanical skills. Don’t be modest and say I could do if I tried - no way. I’m a long time performance car enthusiast going back to my original new ‘65 GTO, but have never pretended or professed to be a gearhead nor have I ever done any track time. I just enjoy driving these performance cars and occasionally unleashing the tiger that’s under the hood, along with the comradery these cars encourage. I once had a ‘73 Toyota and had to get a running start to pass a car. Never again, I want to get by slow pokes and back in my lane as soon as possible. I only do the simple things like replacing alternators, plugs, batteries, etc. Some people say you can’t call yourself a car guy if you don’t do most of your own work, so that’s why I use the term car enthusiast. I think once it’s in your blood it never goes away, which helps explain my buying the Bullitt at age 77. Happy motoring... Bruce

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Hi Bob - I have to say that I am very impressed with you, aileron and the others that have these kind of mechanical skills. Don’t be modest and say I could do if I tried - no way. I’m a long time performance car enthusiast going back to my original new ‘65 GTO, but have never pretended or professed to be a gearhead nor have I ever done any track time. I just enjoy driving these performance cars and occasionally unleashing the tiger that’s under the hood, along with the comradery these cars encourage. I once had a ‘73 Toyota and had to get a running start to pass a car. Never again, I want to get by slow pokes and back in my lane as soon as possible. I only do the simple things like replacing alternators, plugs, batteries, etc. Some people say you can’t call yourself a car guy if you don’t do most of your own work, so that’s why I use the term car enthusiast. I think once it’s in your blood it never goes away, which helps explain my buying the Bullitt at age 77. Happy motoring... Bruce
My first hot rod was a 76 vw scirocco. Duel weber carbs ets. My 2nd was a 79 scirocco with fuel injection...highly modded with the motor and suspension. A 1900 lb car that would kick the datsun 240 z..bmw 320 butts. Handled better than my 77 porsche 911. Not as fast though.
The same time i had my 911...my beater was a datsun little hustler pu. Drum brakes...4 speed. I put a L 18sss motor with dual carbs in it. Same motor the used in the 510 to race. I could peg the 100 mi speedo easy. Kind of scary. It ended up being my tow truck for a hobie cat and a jet ski. Speed is relative....

Sponsored
OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I was a stock broker/cfp for 26 years and I went back to messing with cars to aleviate my stress. I shared my Mustangs with my clients. Took some for rides and gave them the keys to drive it.

I still remember the guy that pulled up with his brand new Z06 Corvette and came in the waiting areas full of clients and loudly said " I paid cash with the money Bob made me". Then he took me on a ride and I thought for sure I was going to lose my life. Good grief!

When I did the Whipple I took my time, bought the necessary tools and closely followed directions. I got in to cars like most guys when I was a teenager. Borrowing Snap-on tools from my neighbor and then returning them that evening back and forth till the job was done.

If my garage was larger I would consider taking the engine out of the Bullitt, sleeving it, putting forged pistons in and doing a stage 2 upgrade with a custom tune and try for 1,000 crank hp. Maybe 850-900 at the wheels.

Why not? I really think I'm going to do the opg this winter. It will help me get through another 300 inches of snow. Ug!

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
I was a stock broker/cfp for 26 years and I went back to messing with cars to aleviate my stress. I shared my Mustangs with my clients. Took some for rides and gave them the keys to drive it.

I still remember the guy that pulled up with his brand new Z06 Corvette and came in the waiting areas full of clients and loudly said " I paid cash with the money Bob made me". Then he took me on a ride and I thought for sure I was going to lose my life. Good grief!

When I did the Whipple I took my time, bought the necessary tools and closely followed directions. I got in to cars like most guys when I was a teenager. Borrowing Snap-on tools from my neighbor and then returning them that evening back and forth till the job was done.

If my garage was larger I would consider taking the engine out of the Bullitt, sleeving it, putting forged pistons in and doing a stage 2 upgrade with a custom tune and try for 1,000 crank hp. Maybe 850-900 at the wheels.

Why not? I really think I'm going to do the opg this winter. It will help me get through another 300 inches of snow. Ug!
Well, you got me on the snow. We get a little over 100 inches annually which is which is less than the neighbors on both sides - Syracuse and Buffalo. Then the highway department uses about a hundred inches of road salt to melt the snow. My car will obviously be off the road as well. The DMV will store my plates for me for $1 and then I will only have to keep the comprehensive coverage for those five months. The savings will pay for a few tanks of 93 octane next year... Bruce

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST

i am working my way up to a whipple. Of course I will hand it to my local guys/gals as it voids ford pt warranty and I, at least, need them to make sure that it is installed correctly. Did you get the whipple warranty? If so, what are your thoughts on their warranty?

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
i am working my way up to a whipple. Of course I will hand it to my local guys/gals as it voids ford pt warranty and I, at least, need them to make sure that it is installed correctly. Did you get the whipple warranty? If so, what are your thoughts on their warranty?
Whipple sc comes with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty on their blower. The powertrain warranty is offered by Whipple but it is a different insurance company whic covers the engine only. The cost is $595 for a 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty and the maximum covered is engine up to $5,000. After issues with my '15 I decided to go with Whipple and no warranty. 12% cost was too high in my own opinion. You must use Whipple's tune. No exhaust mods, etc. Too restrictive.
I might want to upgrade to the stage 2 at some point or a lund or pbd tune.
Though I got burned on my '15, the centri in my '09 Bullitt and the Roush in my '11 were fine for thousands and thousands of miles. Plus the '18 up engines are more robust stock for stock than the '17 down.