Installing the ROUSH rear Valence with Quad tips on a Base bumper

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Thank you for this! I always had a feeling you could do this with the base bumper, it just requires some balls, patience and a steady hand. lol Oh and I've never seen someone use a drill bit as a cutting wheel. Genius! lol

I was looking into the Ikon GT350 rear bumper and valence and now maybe just the valence. I bet you can get the Ikon valence to fit just like the Roush above.
Sponsored

Last edited:

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
I saw this when you first posted...great write up. Curious...has anyone else tried this yet?

-CMY

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Will this work with the GT350 rear valance as well? I assume yo would have to source the roush template if it does.

Sponsored

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I would guess no as the GT350 valance uses body clips to snap into place and not screws. It doesn't mount nearly as high up on the bumper as the Roush valance.

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I'm going to say it may not work with this using the reasoning above your comment.
I looked at the CJ pony parts install video...this part does not use clips but instead tabs that bend down. Thinking I might drill out where the tabs go and go from there.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I have the corsa quad tips but I had a body shop cut my base bumper it came it ok. I went this route since i have been waiting to see if someone does a write up on a gt350 valance install. Hope you try it out

I looked at the CJ pony parts install video...this part does not use clips but instead tabs that bend down. Thinking I might drill out where the tabs go and go from there.

Sponsored

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
I have the corsa quad tips but I had a body shop cut my base bumper it came it ok. I went this route since i have been waiting to see if someone does a write up on a gt350 valance install. Hope you try it out
I think I am going to go a different route. Might get some plastic from a hobby store, use a heat gun to mold the plastic into shape, and use the base bumper as a mounting point and go from there...will give it a try after I get my car back from the body shop where my passenger door is being replaced.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...

shawn3210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 PP Triple yellow
damn looks good. So tempting but I'm kinda scared to knock this out lol.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Only one comment (pic).....
97b8865c-dc44-4dee-9f8c-9d19d7ef26ce_1000.jpg

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
damn looks good. So tempting but I'm kinda scared to knock this out lol.
No need to be...as has been suggested, take your time. Proper placement of the template is key, also using the Dremel with a drill bit (I used a 1/8" bit) cuts through the plastic like hot knife to butter. You also have better control of the Dremel than if one used a cutting wheel. The side valances on mine is actually "mounted" by cutting 2 slots on each side of the bumper for the tabs to slide into. Easily secures with 3m double sided tape, use black extreme automotive tape.
Sponsored